Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I have only gone once at Christmas time and it was January 2nd- the crowds weren't that bad- it didn't bother at all. There are a lot of little details that make it worth it to me, but with a little one, I would agree with those who say go the first or second week of December- you get all the magic (more so with the anticipation of Christmas), less crowds. And the snow is definitely worth going for
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Confuzled Woozle

Christmas at the park is my abosolute FAVORITE thing in the world. I hear they aren't doing as many things this year, though, so you might want to check into that before getting your hopes up. Otherwise, GO, GO, GO!!! I am a little Christmas-crazy, so Christmas at Disneyland combines my two favorite things in the world. It's completely worth the crowds.

and that big christmas tree is always a plus!

We have been at DL the last two years the week leading up to Christmas and with the exception of Christmas Day, it hasn't been too bad. This past year Christmas fell on a Sat. and it was crazy busy! But again Mon.-Fri. wasn't too bad.We've already made our reservations for the upcoming holiday and are looking forward to it.

• Minion

Want to go to Disneyland on the best day ever?! Go on the day that most schools go back after winter break. I was there this year and it was AMAZING. No crowds, but still lots of characters (I saw Buzz Lightyear for the first time!). Plus they phase out the stupid winter costumes by this time..

• Head Salesman

I believe Disneyland begins their Christmas season the first/second week of November. The Christmas parade doesn't appear until later (after Thanksgiving?). I would defenitely recommend going in late November if you don't want to waft througha sea of people.

Chirstmas at Disneyland is the best! You not only get the magic of the park, but the magic of the holidays as well. It can't be beat!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Want to go to Disneyland on the best day ever?! Go on the day that most schools go back after winter break. I was there this year and it was AMAZING. No crowds, but still lots of characters
    What day is that? I'm assuming it is the first or second Monday in January. We are actually planning our trip for Christmas 2007. By then everything should be back to normal (50th celebration well in the past) and if the rumors are true there will be an updated Star Tours
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

I am going this X-mas as well. Already made the plans. I wanted to go for X-mas day at least once. I have talked with friends who have been there for Christmas day and they said they loved it, but hated the crowds. From what I was told, you have to use your Fastpasses wisely and just ease through the day at your own pace. X-mas is a Sunday this year so many people will be in church at least for the morning/afternoon.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    We went the day after Christmas I think it was 2003. It was PACKED! The park reached capacity at least 2 of the days we were there, maybe 3. In fact, one of the days we left and went to Knott's because even DCA was packed But I got some GREAT deals on Christmas decorations

I like early/mid November better. You have all the decorations, the cookie decorating, the treats, fireworks and snow but less crowds. Just no CHristmas Parade.

We've done Veterans Day wknd twice now and both times had 2 really good crowd days and 2 busy crowd days but still manageable.

Let us know what you decide!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    What day is that? I'm assuming it is the first or second Monday in January. We are actually planning our trip for Christmas 2007. By then everything should be back to normal (50th celebration well in the past) and if the rumors are true there will be an updated Star Tours
    It depends on when the first of January falls. In 2007, logically, the first day back from Winter Break is going to be the eighth.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    Ok, We just got back from four days at DLR and we are already planning our next trip. We want to make it a Christmas trip. Now, I've read here that the crowds at Christmas time can be very heavy. How bad are they? We've never been to DLR around Christmas. What are the pros and cons for a Christmas visit. What advice would you give to someone planning such a trip? Thanks.

***Thanks to everyone for the great tips. Our daughter will be 7 for that trip and the plan is to do a 4 day, 3 night stay with one day being Christmas day itself. If the parks are going to be near capacity at or around Christmas day, is there another time around the holidays that won't be so crowded and we can still see all of the great decorations and ride overlays?***

IMHO... I hope you get this too, it seems like you have already got a bucket full of advice... but I wanted to give you my thoughts...

Pros...

1. Everyone should catch DL durring the Holidays at least once (believe it or not last year was the first time I went durring the holiday season - prefering Early January and it isn't the same...)

2. Haunted Mansion Holiday... I never smiled more in my life after seing this overlay for the first time... UNBELIEVABLE... I am a kid all over again...

3. Christmas decorations are quite lovely...

4. Fireworks with a Snow Effect...

5. Christmas music on main street.

6. Coventry Carolers (I do have a problem with them singing Jingle Bell Rock on Main Street... The whole thematic concept makes my brain hurt... But the vocal arangment is really good...)

7. Small World gets decorated... The lights are quite pretty on the outside of the building, but the overlay of the ride is not thrilling... I can imagine what a little kid would think of it though...

8. Christmas concerts... I never been to one of the candlelight thingies but I hear they are great...

9. I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to seeing what the 50th Disney Christmas looks like... I might be underwhelmed... but if they wanted to make it extra magical, they probably could...

10. Having a Kid wake up and getting DL as a christmas present is priceless... Be it early or late...

Cons.

1. Besides being one of the most magical times of year, it is the MOST CROWEDED EVER... Unbelieveable...

2. And to compound the problem the days are REALLY SHORT... I mean is it just me, but when you get there at 10 am in the morning it seems like you only have 4 hours of daylight to enjoy the park...

3. Marketing department goes into overdrive... The stores are trying to move a lot of product, so there is a focus on shopping more than enjoying the park... For example the stores are open longer than the park is... They close 2 hours later and open 2 hours earlier it seems...

4. TDA goes nuts... All the execs end up working to help support the marketing effort... and with all due respect to them... There are some people who should not work with the public...

5. This is the 50th Christmas folks... so all the troubles will get much worse.. Not better......

Recomendation:

Go durring the HOLLIDAYS! You'll love it, your kids will love it! Bring the family! But AVOID CHRISTMAS WEEK - and Saturdays durring the hollidays if you can... Go the week before or the week after, you will thank yourself later...
    Check out my other blog:

• Confuzled Woozle

Oh, I love the carollers! If the lines get too long, I just stalk them. It provides much amusment.

A big con in visiting D-land in the Christmas time (or Novemember for that matter)... that darn Holiday overlay on the entire park! On an overcast day, those decorations turn Main Street into Gaudytown. Looks great at night though

I would suggest visiting Disneyland in the first four days of January. The holiday decorations are still up, hilariously.

•   
    • Minion

The decor at NOS is quite festive...
    Check out my other blog:

• Disneyland Freak

Go in November, all the decorations are up and there should be less crowds. We figured we'd go on December 27 a few years ago thinking that people would be home celebrating with their families and whatnot... not at all. Up until recently I believe that day held the record for highest attendance at the DLR ever. It was insane... I'd NEVER seen DL so crowded our Fastpass for Space was a 2.5 hour waittime.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast