Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Which Two DL/DCA Rides Would You Put Together For A More Exciting Experience!?!

Well, it appears as though the Company already has plans to merge Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain into a new HKD hybrid ride called Pirate Mountain.

At Disneyland, I think it would be way cool if Jungle Cruise and the Indiana Jones Adventure were to be connected.

I envision the Jungle Cruise becoming an excursion with the purpose of meeting up with Dr.Jones. The current Indy queue would connect with the Jungle Cruise instead. Your skipper would periodically interact with Dr. Jones via an Indy era walky talky. The cave at the end would be loaded with special effects. At a point within the cave, guests would depart their boat, and climb into a jeep. The adventure would then continue pretty much as it does now.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Defying gravity

Re: Which Two DL/DCA Rides Would You Put Together For A More Exciting Experience!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Well, it appears as though the Company already has plans to merge Pirates of the Caribbean with Splash Mountain into a new HKD hybrid ride called Pirate Mountain.

At Disneyland, I think it would be way cool if Jungle Cruise and the Indiana Jones Adventure were to be connected.

I envision the Jungle Cruise becoming an excursion with the purpose of meeting up with Dr.Jone. The current Indy Queue would connect with the Jungle Cruise instead. Your skipper would periodically interact with Dr. Jones via Indy era walky talky. The cave at the end would be loaded with special effects. At a point within the cave, guests would depart their boat, and climb into a jeep. The adventure would then continue pretty much as it does now.
    What is your source for Pirate Mountain?

Interesting ideas about Indiana Jones Jungle Cruise Adventure....

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Which Two DL/DCA Rides Would You Put Together For A More Exciting Experience!?!

Tower of Terror with It's A Small World would be fan-fricken-tastic.

"It's a world OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFfffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffff................... laughter, a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD of tears...."

All those puppets flying past you at 100 miles an hour.... it's all good.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which Two DL/DCA Rides Would You Put Together For A More Exciting Experience!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590

Thanks for the compliment about my ride idea.

What is to become Pirate Mouintain has been discussed on several sites. Here is a link to Screamscape. They talk about it in the last paragraph. Other HKD project rumors are also briefly hilighted on the page. Pretty darn interesting.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong...disneyland.htm
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-25-2006 at 04:48 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    Tower of Terror with It's A Small World would be fan-fricken-tastic.

"It's a world OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFfffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffff................... laughter, a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD of tears...."

All those puppets flying past you at 100 miles an hour.... it's all good.

It's a pee in your pants world after all.

Space Mountain and California Screamin'--Being launched into space and then the whole loop thing in the dark--how cool would that be?
    </IMG>

• Minion

That Indy/Jungle Cruise hybrid idea was how they initially planned the Indy ride.
    I have had the idea of a Country Bears/Pooh hybrid with Henry telling the story of Winnie the Pooh and the bears occasionally showing up singing the songs. And Big Al coming back towards the end still singing the Winnie the Pooh song.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590

There's been rumors that if they make Pirates at HKDL, they will do it almost the exact same layout as they did Splash. The exterior of the ride would look much like Skull Rock, with the flume being a waterfall which falls from the mouth of the rock formation.

Basically, the beginning of splash would be the bayou scene (or jungle for their park). Slip N Falls would be the decent into the caverns. Laughin place would be the ransacking of the town, then Do Da Landing would be the ship battle.

The rumors said they would be working around the original ride rather than creating a new ride based soley on the films. Yes, they might have Johnny Depp and Davey Jones, but the show scenes will be pretty similar in concept to the DL original.

• The one, the only...

I think that putting together the Jungle Cruise with the Tower of Terror would be interesting.

You enter an ancient Cambodian shrine. Then suddenly, your boat drops three stories. Now THAT would be frightening.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

How about the Haunted Mansion and the Tiki Room.

You enter an old mansion only to find it infested with talking birds! Even the walls start chanting!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I would love to see an Indy version of Mr Toad. Your car goes up and down flights of stairs in Toad Hall, races through roads, in riverbeds... high adventure Mr. Toad!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    Space Mountain and California Screamin'--Being launched into space and then the whole loop thing in the dark--how cool would that be?
    </IMG>
    Awesome idea! You could begin the ride in one park and end in another.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    </IMG>
    Funny I was thinking the same combination but my reason was seeing the "metorite" out in the sun.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    I would love to see an Indy version of Mr Toad. Your car goes up and down flights of stairs in Toad Hall, races through roads, in riverbeds... high adventure Mr. Toad!

You know...that sounds pretty good to me.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    How about the Haunted Mansion and the Tiki Room.

You enter an old mansion only to find it infested with talking birds! Even the walls start chanting!
    I love it, Jiminy. Even the songs could be joined together...

"In the the grim freaky tiki grinning tiki room."
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-25-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast