Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Junior Senior

Awesome tram announcer!

Yesterday (04/17) night on the Mickey & Friends tram at around 11pm, we had an amazingly funny guy doing the announcements. He kept making all these awful puns and chuckling in a really funny way, and saying things like "boy oh boy" and "gee whiz". It was basically a guy doing a Goofy impression. It was awesome...it really capped off the day well to have a guy driving the tram who was so totally "in character" as opposed to the generally generic tram announcements you hear. He kept joking about how he was so loopy because he was in the back and caught all the fumes. He was pretty corny but it was just right. Of course, I have the sense of humor of a six-year-old.

Has anyone else encountered this guy? He made me think of Maynard in the sense that he went way above and beyond what his job required him to do and made something as prosaic as a tram to the parking structure seem fun and silly. I was really impressed - would have left a note at City Hall but I was already outside the park.

• Sock Puppet

Would somebody mind letting me know who this Maynard is?

• Minion

From what I've heard, Maynard is a CM who REALLY gets into character and plays around with the guests at his attractions. I know there is some controversy surrounding him about whether or not he goes too far. I've never actually met him, though.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Bring him back!

Lol last time i was in the park maynard wasnt at the mansion and he is in his element there bring him back to the m ansion :P

• Banned User

Im not too thrilled with this Maynard charecter..but I havent met him yet so I dunno.

• Resident Science Nerd

Maynard(it seems like his name comes up every other thread...) aside, I think I have experienced the tram announcer you're talking about. A month or so ago I had a really amusing tram announcer on my way into the park, and it totally made my day.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...hlight=maynard

here is the main thread if you are interested in Maynard.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    Yesterday (04/17) night on the Mickey & Friends tram at around 11pm, we had an amazingly funny guy doing the announcements. He kept making all these awful puns and chuckling in a really funny way, and saying things like "boy oh boy" and "gee whiz". It was basically a guy doing a Goofy impression. It was awesome...
    I encountered this guy once... Initially I thought the laugh he does as boarderline mockery... But that fumes punchline made everyone on board laugh... He got his pay off laughter... You got to applaud a guy who has that much patience to set up a joke... I also encountered him in the parking lot.. he is a bit over the top... I want to tell him just to back off a little... Less is more in this case...

I did liked his thing about the "world's largest parking structure..." because they used to say that about the old parking lot...

On a side note... I never encountered Maynard... I got to look for him next time I am down in about two weeks...
    Check out my other blog:

I rode on his tram last night, too. He made a joke on how the tram is the best ride at Disneyland since you always save the best for last. It is also the best ride since you ride it twice everytime you go to the park.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Engination
    I rode on his tram last night, too. He made a joke on how the tram is the best ride at Disneyland since you always save the best for last. It is also the best ride since you ride it twice everytime you go to the park.
    Considering I don't have to pay the heavy admission to ride the parking lot tram, I would agree with his judgment.

Never had the joke guy, but a tram operator "John" once made the tram do an extended snake all the way down the last stretch before the turn into the stop for the parking structure. It was quite amusing to watch from the rear of the tram.

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    Yesterday (04/17) night on the Mickey & Friends tram at around 11pm, we had an amazingly funny guy doing the announcements. He kept making all these awful puns and chuckling in a really funny way, and saying things like "boy oh boy" and "gee whiz". It was basically a guy doing a Goofy impression. It was awesome...it really capped off the day well to have a guy driving the tram who was so totally "in character" as opposed to the generally generic tram announcements you hear. He kept joking about how he was so loopy because he was in the back and caught all the fumes. He was pretty corny but it was just right. Of course, I have the sense of humor of a six-year-old.

Has anyone else encountered this guy? He made me think of Maynard in the sense that he went way above and beyond what his job required him to do and made something as prosaic as a tram to the parking structure seem fun and silly. I was really impressed - would have left a note at City Hall but I was already outside the park.

yep that guy is great and when we got off the tram we went to see him.He is an asian guy around 40 or so. Definitely a quality human being.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Senior Minion

He's another example of how any cast member, at any time, can just do a little bit more that makes the experience so much more memorable for so many people. It's what makes Disney Disney, and everyone else an also-ran.

• Merry 2014!

i wonder if those cm's who go above and beyond are so special because most others are not? regardless, dl needs more cm's just like them.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Agreed

A Cm that goes far and beyond the call of duty is really what makes ones day at disneyland I Once worked at build a bear, and really made this little girls day she was lookin for a perticular bear and we didn't have it nemore he was dis contuied non the less, I Found one un stuffed it and hand stiched it closed and to see the look on a kids face when someone makes there day is really specail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast