Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Re: *Pictures* from Pirates the Caribbean 06/25

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    UM.....Froggy? I don't suppose you want to reduce a couple of those a tad? It's a wee bit difficult to tell what the heck you're looking at.
    Thanks. They were adamant about "no flash", and even became later adamant about "no cameras", so I tried to get the highest resolution on my camera I could. As a result, they came out huge, but I'll see what I can do to reduce them. Plus, I'm not anywhere near others on this board as far as photo experience or skills, but I'll edit the photos once I reduce the size. None of the interior photos are as good as they could be, but I tried.

The photos of the line show it snaking all the way back past the Mark Twain. Nevertheless, in the morning and evening, we never waited more than 25 minutes to get on a boat.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Thanks. They were adamant about "no flash", and even became later adamant about "no cameras", so I tried to get the highest resolution on my camera I could. As a result, they came out huge, but I'll see what I can do to reduce them. Plus, I'm not anywhere near others on this board as far as photo experience or skills, but I'll edit the photos once I reduce the size. None of the interior photos are as good as they could be, but I tried.

The photos of the line show it snaking all the way back past the Mark Twain. Nevertheless, in the morning and evening, we never waited more than 25 minutes to get on a boat.
    Your pictures are GREAT!

In photobucket, you can hit edit, and scale down 25 to 75 percent if you so desire. When I brought back my shots earlier in the week, they were something like 3500x 2500. If you shoot for something like 700w, it usually fits in the micechat window a bit easier.

• Neep meep beep

Hmm. I'm not sure how that turned into two different threads, but they have Jack Sparrow in three scenes in the attraction.

• Neep meep beep

Thanks. I tried to reduce them, so they should be a little easier on the monitor (or eyes). Thanks for the tip!

• Ian The Fox

Thanks for the pictures! Unfortunately, we were almost to the loading dock when the ride broke down, so we didn't get to ride.
    Woof!

• Former Epcot CM

What was up with all the characters huddled in a group? That's way cool that they had so many out at one time. Were they entertaining the queue?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• A New Kind Of Villain

Finally got to ride it myself a few times tonight after the huge anticipation. The line was backed up all the way to Big Thunder Mountain, but thanks to the huge ride capacity, it only took 10 mins both times I rode it.

Here are some of the sights of the day:

Well... this door leads to the Pirates loading zone (Seriously), but unfortunately our princess (or would that be wench?) is in another castle

PIRATES PREVIEW! YAY!!!

So not 25 minutes...

With Jack Sparrow along for the voyage, you bet I'll be getting wet!

I don't remember seeing this lad before

I'm actually inside

Finally... After 3 long months... Thank you...

Dustysage and Fishbulb on their maiden voyage

Davy Jones' waterfall

Barbossa searches for Jack.

Where'd he go?

I'm rich biatch! *honk* *honk

I loved the new additions! The ride still smells of fresh paint and the old water smell is gone. Dustsage says enjoy the fresh paint smell while it lasts. I really liked the addition of the movie music to the opening scene. I think it really pumps you up and boosts the start of the storyline. The ride itself didn't really change much, it's just they converted a lot of mini-scenes into one big storyline. The Jack Sparrow and Barbossa AA's although amazing, did stand out as being so real that it made the others look not-so-impressive in comparison. Regarding Davy Jones... I love the waterfall itself, however I'm not sure if it was the hype regarding the effect, but Davy Jones himself didn't impress me much. He was too 2-dimensional. I imagined from the concept art and what I'd heard that it would look 3-dimensional; as if he were coming in and out of the waterfall straight to you. He didn't. He looks like a flat projection... I think they really could have done better...

But all in all, I'm one very happy girl. ^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

I thought almost all of the additions were fabulous! I agree with Sadako about Davy Jones looking just like a projection. Even more disappointing was seeing the end of the effect happening for the boat in front of us & then it restarting for our boat. It didn't look like just a waterfall & then having Davy Jones "scare" us because we could already see what happened. Maybe they were just trying to get as many boats through as possible today?

I LOVED the new audio & sound effects, especially at the Wicked Wench scene. The cannonball sound is so much more realistic!! Makes a real impact!

I thought the Sparrow AA's were sooooo lifelike & amazing! The blinking eyes were just perfect! I didn't care so much for the 3rd one in the treasure scene. It seemed "off." E-ticket thought perhaps it was just a bit too close to the boats. I also thought that scene seemed "tacked on" to the end. Barbossa's voice on the lift hill seemed to get lost in the shuffle.

All in all, though, I thought the improvements were stellar!!
    <o>

• Shubisha

What time did the ride go down? I wanted to go back and ride it again at night but nope

Can I just say that this was the most perfect day for the ride to open? The weather outside felt like we were in Orlando or something. hot humid hell. and here comes pirates to save the day, the classic indoor 'water' ride to keep us cool =D

• Banned User

That's not Barbossa's voice on the lift hill, that be the voice of Davy Jones. As you'll be finding out, Davy Jones is the host of the attraction now. And Jack is the star.

• Empress of Randomness

They're really cool pics....the queue looked so long though!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    What was up with all the characters huddled in a group? That's way cool that they had so many out at one time. Were they entertaining the queue?
    That was one of the two bizzare character things I saw yesterday. The characters were sitting by the matterhorn in a circle, playing charades. There were Pinocchio and Gepetto as one team, Wendy and Peter Pan as one team, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and Alice and the Mad Hatter.

Finally, they huddled together and did one full team charade for the crowd, the answer to which was "Jungle Book".

The second strange thing was Prince Charming, with Cinderella on one arm, and Mulan on the other arm, strolling around the castle. I usually only see Mulan in DCA, not Disneyland, and don't often see princesses together.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    That was one of the two bizzare character things I saw yesterday. The characters were sitting by the matterhorn in a circle, playing charades. There were Pinocchio and Gepetto as one team, Wendy and Peter Pan as one team, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and Alice and the Mad Hatter.

Finally, they huddled together and did one full team charade for the crowd, the answer to which was "Jungle Book".

The second strange thing was Prince Charming, with Cinderella on one arm, and Mulan on the other arm, strolling around the castle. I usually only see Mulan in DCA, not Disneyland, and don't often see princesses together.
    I'm loving this! I love character CMs using a bit of their imagination, it always boosts the experience ten-fold.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Back After Missing MC

A really HUGE thank you to Frogberto and Crazy Legs for photos to help us all get a taste of this "new" ride!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    A really HUGE thank you to Frogberto and Crazy Legs for photos to help us all get a taste of this "new" ride!
    You must be as sleep deprived as me... Crazy Legs hasn't posted in this thread >_<;;;
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast