Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: *Pictures* from Pirates the Caribbean 06/25

You know, it would be a whole lot funnier if Prince Charming had Cinderella AND Snow White in his arms.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

So exactly what time did you guys get to ride POTC? I showed up about 2pm and it was down...I left about 5:30 and it was down the whole time inbetween that. I'm just going to have to come back today after work.

Nice photos by the way.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    So exactly what time did you guys get to ride POTC? I showed up about 2pm and it was down...I left about 5:30 and it was down the whole time inbetween that. I'm just going to have to come back today after work.

Nice photos by the way.
    It opened again from around 7:10 pm to 8:30 pm. I actually got to ride it twice in that time.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    You must be as sleep deprived as me... Crazy Legs hasn't posted in this thread >_<;;;
    You're correct on both accounts! I have been soaking in all the news/photos but obviously the lack of sleep in combination with POC update overload finally caught up with me!

A very HUGE thank you to you Sadako for your photo submissions, I always look forward to seeing your latest Disney adventure!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wow. The ending scene is bigger than I thought...a much larger scale that originally was there...more like WDW's now.

I think the problem with the last animatronic is that, from what I've seen, his nose is too round. Atleast from profile view. It doesn't match the shape of Johnny Depp's nose. Whether that is a side effect of the talkability of the animatronic I don't know, but I think that is a factor.

Also, I'm currently reworking a Jack Sparrow Costume I made (getting it ready for DMC) so I'm watching the movie like 50 billion times a day and gathering tons of reference material for both his costume, makeup and his "effects", and I notice that his bandana is ALWAYS right above his eyebrows. Like, touching them. It actually affects alot because if it isn't touching it gives him or any Jcak costume wearer too much forehead and it takes alot away from the illusion. I always check to make sure the Bandana is RIGHT at my eyebrows. You'd be suprised at how much it loses when it's not right there. With this Animatronic the bandana is not right at the eyebrows, therefore it loses something. It's one of those things that you'd never notice if it was there, but if it's not there something looks off.

My 2 cents.

Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• If We Can Dream It...

Okay this is going to sound stupid but, I read that they replaced the island that the boats pass by on their way back to the station. Did they and if they did what did they do?
    - Horizonsfan

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    Okay this is going to sound stupid but, I read that they replaced the island that the boats pass by on their way back to the station. Did they and if they did what did they do?
    I think you're talking about the little island with the parrot. They removed the sign that says "Pirates of the Caribbean" and replaced it with a map.

Here are a few bad pics of it. I'll get more as soon as I go back.

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Back After Missing MC

Wow, could these people look any less excited after riding such an amazing ride?

• Neep meep beep

Something else that no one has noted (and that I failed to take pictures of) ... in the Captains Quarters scene, there's what looks like a chandelier, but is actually a metal "dresser" - a coat rack of sorts, where there is hanging a couple of brass candle extinguishers, there is a skeleton parrot, wearing a red and white striped hat.

The parrot is still perched there, which is kind of funny.

• Disney Dreams

Those pics look great! Thanks!

• Disney Dreams

Can't wait to ride! I'm so so so excited! Arrg mateys

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Something else that no one has noted (and that I failed to take pictures of) ... in the Captains Quarters scene, there's what looks like a chandelier, but is actually a metal "dresser" - a coat rack of sorts, where there is hanging a couple of brass candle extinguishers, there is a skeleton parrot, wearing a red and white striped hat.

The parrot is still perched there, which is kind of funny.
    Darkbeer took some photos of the Captain's Quarters and posted them on his smugmug site through the "Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction photos, be prepared to be impressed" thread (http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29492).

Here are the links to his site:

Captain's Quarters: http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...77724607/Large

View of the Captain's Quarters with Skeleton Parrot: http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...77725315/Large

PS - I remembered this from looking at them earlier because I thought the little parrot skeleton with the sleeping cap was funny too!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

With Jack Sparrow along for the voyage, you bet I'll be getting wet!

I know I'm probably not the first to say this, but the new map on the island is the same one that's still hanging on the construction wall at WDW's pirates, I believe.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate

I know I'm probably not the first to say this, but the new map on the island is the same one that's still hanging on the construction wall at WDW's pirates, I believe.
    Isn't it also the same that is on that drunken pirate who is know looking for Jack (where Jack is hiding in the barrel?)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast