View Poll Results: What to do with the rotating theatre in Tomorrowland?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back the Carousel of Progress

19 17.27%
  • Bring back America sings

9 8.18%
  • Keep Innoventions there

3 2.73%
  • Some combination of the above.

2 1.82%
  • How about a rotating restaurant?

11 10.00%
  • Put something entirely new in the building.

50 45.45%
  • Remove the building and put something else there.

16 14.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

TRUST ME, you dont want to waste the money bringing Mission:Space to Disneyland, its not a good ride.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    TRUST ME, you dont want to waste the money bringing Mission:Space to Disneyland, its not a good ride.
    I really like it and it has increased Epcot's attendance by more than 10% since it opened...someone likes it...the only reason it wouldn't be cloned is the $100,000,000+ price tag.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Somthing new with a rotating fine dining restaraunt on top!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Rainicorn.

A new attraction please! That building is huge and could house a nice E-ticket and a restaurant on top that rotates as well. I wonder if this could happen for the 5 year plan. I feel sorry for the people who work at Innoventions. That place is... *face palms*
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Imagineer in training

Try to remember that Innoventions is essentially a hands-on version of CoP. The ideas that CoP presented were cool, and it appears that we all love the concept of being presented these ideas in a 'show' format. Yet when we are given the opportunity to interact with updated ideas that could very well be integrated into a modern version of Cop, we scourn. Would we be as angry with Innoventions if the corporation aspect was removed, and everything had a generic Disney label, as if the ideas came from Disney? Try to remember, Disneyland has relied extensively on other peoples money since day one. I don't see people griping about the fact that Star Tours is sponsored by Energizer; or that Indy is brought to you by AT&T. Or that you can't buy a Pepsi anywhere on site.
    Remember, too, that the building sat empty for about 10 years. I'd like to see a new attraction built in the building, but not a cloned one. Innoventions can stay until I come up with a real gem!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Mission Space could easily be put in the Innoventions building. Just put three spinning on each floor. The front 1/3rd would be line and a little activies center on the second floor. It would be much better than a stupid flying saucers ride based on Toy Story that WDW is getting.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    Mission Space could easily be put in the Innoventions building. Just put three spinning on each floor. The front 1/3rd would be line and a little activies center on the second floor. It would be much better than a stupid flying saucers ride based on Toy Story that WDW is getting.
    I think it would make more sense to just extend the building in the back, have the centrifuges on the 1st floor, since they are very heavy and probably shouldn't be on the 2nd floor of a building, and then have the post show take place on the 2nd floor along with a nice space themed restaurant that has windows on the front side, giving views of Tomorrowland, and has the back side themed like a window onto space.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• FastPass n00b

Anything but Innoventions or Pixar is fine by me. It was great to see the building come back in 1998 after a decade of being office space, but now is the time to really utilize one of the most innovative and creative buildings in the entire park better than a rotating Circuit City. I would think an updated CoP would be the best bet because it's futuristic, younger people would think it's "brand new", with updated technology they could make it really interesting, and we really haven't had an AA show since the 1970's.

But, with our luck we'd probably get a 5-part Toy Story AA show with Buzz Lightyear as the main character. He's already completely taken over 2 huge areas of the park: the entire Tomorrowland Terrace and Circlevision area. TDA might think that the Innoventions area of Tomorrowland is a little Buzz-less. As great and wonderful as the new management is, we still haven't heard a thing about any new rides that don't include Pixar. DCA could use all the Pixar rides they can create but Disneyland, IMO, needs to steer clear of such cartoony and unoriginal ideas. DCA is a park in dire need of help, Disneyland is a park of imagination and originality.

• U. B. Bold

There are so many great themes that could and should be explored in Tomorrowland. Space travel, time travel, transportation, technological advancement, "liquid space", "inner space", etc.
    What was great about CoP is that it combined a time traveling storyline and an optomistic view of technology and the future with an innovative AA show. Not to mention a great soundtrack that everyone was humming when they left the theatre. A new and updated version of CoP that had those same basic ingredients would be just the the tonic that Tomorrowland needs.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Have you seen the concept art for the replacement?

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/image...landpix10s.jpg

Can we say INDOOR Flying Saucers w/cool special effects?
    a. Flying Saucers not a good idea for the space. Far too small. It would not use the space well, and it's just glorified bumper cars.

b. Jim Hill's concept paintings almost never come out like they're shown. So dont even bother believing it.

Why not have the lower level the Carousel of Progress and the upper level, Innoventions, you know, for the people who love it .

Besides, the lower levelof Innoventions is really lame. Who here actually stays and listens to those presentations that they put on when you enter the doors?

• Sock Puppet

Something New

I would like to see something new. If you all want mission:space put is in the HISTA magic eye theater put the 3D movie generation out of its misery. The Saucers already were in Tomrowland. If mission space was in the CoP Building I don't think I would mant to smell food or eat it after riding. How about a new AA Show about the progress of Tomrowland Good and bad staring Walt Him Self That sounds cool An Updated CoP.

SPACE would definitely not fit in HISTA's building...way too small w/ not enough room for expansion.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

Interesting!

It is kind of telling when only 1 percent of the people would keep innoventions there.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

This poll will close on 04-25-2005 at 06:27 PM
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast