View Poll Results: What to do with the rotating theatre in Tomorrowland?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back the Carousel of Progress

19 17.27%
  • Bring back America sings

9 8.18%
  • Keep Innoventions there

3 2.73%
  • Some combination of the above.

2 1.82%
  • How about a rotating restaurant?

11 10.00%
  • Put something entirely new in the building.

50 45.45%
  • Remove the building and put something else there.

16 14.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'm gonna vote to tear down the old Carousel building and put something new there. The last time we saw some major changes to the foundation of Tomorrowland was the addition of the Space Mountain complex in the 70s. Otherwise, the whole place is still operating out of the same ol' buildings that were there for the Hall of Chemistry and Adventures Through Inner Space.

Give WDI the chance to make something unique and distinctly futuristic for our time. The EMP building in Seattle and the Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA look more futuristic than any of the Tomorrowland structures at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Give WDI the chance to make something unique and distinctly futuristic for our time. The EMP building in Seattle and the Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA look more futuristic than any of the Tomorrowland structures at the moment.
    I like the idea of making the building look more futuristic. The outside is so plain compared to some of the buildings out in the real world. The Seattle public library looks more futuristic and that says something.

At the same time I would not get rid of the rotating portion of the building. A great ride/show could still fit there and it would cost a lot less if they didn't have to start from scratch. I feel Tomorrowland is missing the adventure element. There needs to be something that gives me the feeling Indiana Jones does every time I ride it but with a space/futuristic theme. We have seen that showcasing the latest computer game becomes out of date quickly. Why not take the time and push the limit of ride technology like Mission: Space did? That way it showcases new technology while still creating an entertaining experience.

Keep Innoventions there, I don't wanna see any more refurb walls for a while, plus, Innoventions rocks!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Well, this has been interesting!

There seems to be almost universal agreement that something different needs to happen to the carousel theatre. (Except for 3 lonely Innoventions fans.) Frankly, I was a little surprised that 16% of voters opted to remove the building entirely and start over! There was some interest in a restaurant, but it appears that another attraction is desired.

Thanks, everyone for your participation.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Something new!

A real Disney attraction that doesn't depend on a cartoon for a theme.
    Let the imagineers really make something special. I think innoventions has to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123