• Disneyland 1st, then food

Question Anybody buy Disneyland tickets on Ebay?

Has anybody bought Disneyland tickets on Ebay? Good or bad experience? I was looking to see what was available and it is really interesting what people do. They sell a couple of days left of their park hoppers and then whoever buys them can use the full amount towards their annual pass. Anybody know if this works? Thanks

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Anybody buy Disneyland tickets on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by luvindsnylnd
    Has anybody bought Disneyland tickets on Ebay? Good or bad experience? I was looking to see what was available and it is really interesting what people do. They sell a couple of days left of their park hoppers and then whoever buys them can use the full amount towards their annual pass. Anybody know if this works? Thanks

Your ticket is signed and you need your hand stamped.
    I doubt it will work.
    Also, you have 13 days from the first use of the ticket.
    If your a passholder already, I doubt you can do it.
    Name has to match the pass.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disneyland 1st, then food

Does that mean the people that are buying the remaining days on ebay are going to be *ssed out? And I meant that people are buying them and putting it toward a new passport purchase.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I have sold remaining days on five day passes before. We never had to sign the backs of the tickets or anything. I don't know how it works from a buyers standpoint. I dont know anything about redemming the tickets for a season pass, but I'd be interested in learning. :0)

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Does that mean the people that are buying the remaining days on ebay are going to be *ssed out? And I meant that people are buying them and putting it toward a new passport purchase.
    I just know that a long time ago, you had to sign you ticket.
    They are hard core when you buy blockout day tickets (or they were)

The ticket says non transferable.
    I guess if you don't get caught, then your lucky.

I personally wouldn't try it.
    It's up to you.
    If it sounds to good to be true, than it is.
    That's my belief and I stick w/ it.

Remember... 13 days after first use of ticket.

Ask Frogberto
    He's our resident lawyer
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• For You!

I bought an ebay ticket once. it was a 5 day and the people used 2 days of it. Luckily, we got the tickets - they left them at our hotel, and we were in constant contact with the sellers until we got the tickets. But, it was kinda risky - I don't think I'd do it again.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

All I will say this is a very hot button issue
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

If you do buy from Ebay just make sure the seller DID NOT put a picture of the actual ticket on the page. I have heard that Disney has gone on Ebay and if they see a number for the ticket (like the barcode or something) they will de-activate the ticket.

Is this true? I don't know, just something I heard, but if you do buy just make sure there is no picture.
    Kungaloosh!

• That Guy

eBay is good for some things, but buying tickets I wouldn't even think of. it's not worth the money you 'might' save.

And IMHO, I would never sell tickets there either. If I had unused days I would just give the ticket away, it's less shady and better karma.

If I had leftover days on my ticket, I'd go back to the parks!!! LOL

I have seen some people give their tickets away to people waiting in line. They're not strict at making you sign them and you only need a handstamp if you come back in the same day, not if you come back days later.

Personally, I would be very wary of buying a ticket from someone I didn't know. But if it was someone I knew, I'd have no problem with it.

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'd be more afraid of buying a fake ticket.

• Neep meep beep

I made a fortune selling 20 annual passes that I had purchased when Disneyland froze all annual pass sales when DCA opened. They weren't available anywhere else, and were just as valid as an annual pass you buy at the ticketbooths, on the internet, or at the World of Disney store.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Micki0624
    If you do buy from Ebay just make sure the seller DID NOT put a picture of the actual ticket on the page. I have heard that Disney has gone on Ebay and if they see a number for the ticket (like the barcode or something) they will de-activate the ticket.

Is this true? I don't know, just something I heard, but if you do buy just make sure there is no picture.
    They would have to - if they can make out the barcode, so can a counterfeiter, just print yourself a ticket. Or take a pristine looking but used up ticket, "wash" off the barcode data and print a fresh and valid one. If you used the right cardstock and a good color laser printer, a printed ticket could probably fool someone. (Nevermind that the magnetic stripe would be a fake printed black bar with no encoded data.)

Even without a picture, if they can track down a sold ticket Disney is well within their rights to refuse entry - they are sold as not transferable, for the sole use of the person it was first sold to, or the member of the family it was given to for use.

With Disney's integrated computer systems it would be trivial to track that suspect ticket back to the ticket booth and agent, and the means of payment, etc. If the names, credit card accounts and security tape footage don't jive, they could easily figure out it's a stolen ticket.

If you were to buy a 'partially used' ticket like that, I wouldn't pay the full amount until it has been received and used without problems, using an escrow service or other third party to hold the funds. Otherwise you could be out the cost of the auction, PLUS you'll either have to go buy another ticket at full price to get into the park, or turn around and go home.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1