• Minion

Am I the only one....(pirates feelings)

First off the attraction is awesome and you could not ask for more. I rode it for the first time today. As I left the boat and was walking off the dock I had this empty feeling that something was missing. I could not help but thinking does Jack belong in that Spanish town? Would it had been better if Barbossa was on the Black Pearl?? I know most of this had to do with the movie...I just can not fit all the pieces together. Before it was a pretty simple story line with the pirates that attack a town and steal all the gold. There wasnt much back ground story on these pirates. Now they have added 3 different pirates. 2 of these pirates have a huge back stories. The more I think about it there are 2 different stories going on here. Are there 2 different pirate crews attacking this town? Does not the pirate dunking the mayor look like a Captain? Is that the same pirate that is selling off all the brides? Is not Davy Jones a Captain of his own ship in the new movie? Is there to many Captains and not enough pirates?? Still is a awesome show and I think they did a GREAT job....but I still think something is missing.
    Jason

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Am I the only one....(pirates feelings)

I think your over analysing this...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I Love Teaching!

I have the same "missing" feeling. I loved the new Jack Sparrows and they looked so life like, but the ride felt like there was a story behind everything that wasn't explained.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst
    I think your over analysing this...
    I think we all do this when Disney doesnt fill us in on anything. DO we not do this all 7 days a week on this board?
    Jason

• Santa Barbara, CA

The real "story" is that they need to you see the movie 6.5 times for all this synergistic marketing to pay for itself. That.. is what's "missing".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• FastPass n00b

Jack Sparrow's character feels kind of shoehorned into the attraction. The trouble is they had to maintain the original ride and fulfill the guests' expectation of seeing Jack Sparrow. I agree the ride does seem quite fragmented...like all of the sudden Jack Sparrow is up in his own private room with the treasure for no reason, at least, no reason they have shown the riders.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

From what I can tell, and I haven't even been on it, the entire (new) story of the ride is something along the lines of the pirates looking for Jack Sparrow who is trying to find the town's treasure. At the end, he does, hence private treasure room.

I'm sure it's a bit more complex, but meh.