Thread: Disney Gallery

• Head Salesman

Disney Gallery

Has anyone been to the new Disney Gallery exhibit? I know they have Jack's chair from the cannibal scene. Anybody know if the Dead Man's Chest might be on display as well? I'll be at the park tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll get the chance to go to the gallery.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Disney Gallery

Theres a DM chest at the el capitan.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

this one?

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Has anyone been to the new Disney Gallery exhibit? I know they have Jack's chair from the cannibal scene. Anybody know if the Dead Man's Chest might be on display as well? I'll be at the park tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll get the chance to go to the gallery.
    Yep yep. An amazing new display with tons of replicas of items and costumes from the movie.

Here's some pics I took yesterday of everything:

If you want to see the exhibit, you should go soon. The CM's there said it would only be up for a short time. Probably just until the movie and refurb hoopla dies down in a few weeks.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

[IMG]http://rze51.smugmug.com/photos/68946477-S.jpg[img]

i a few more
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• rebmeM roinuJ

this is kinda on topic (just the galleries) but, has anyone bought any print on demand prints lately? cause 2 weeks ago i got one of the potc poster (the one at the entrance of DL) and i have to say im quite dissapointed with the quality of it. the white banner at the top isnt all white, theres blue little artifacts and the detail of the whole thing is just sub par, i could print a better one at kinkos or something. anyone else have this trouble?

• Shablagoo!

THanks for all the pictures Aniko and Sadako. Its a cool exhibit.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

There's a cool replica of the Key to Davy Jones Locker for sale at Master Replicas . They have some other cool stuff too (like swords and Capt. Jack's flintlock), but the key is only $15 (!).

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    2 weeks ago i got one of the potc poster (the one at the entrance of DL) and i have to say im quite dissapointed with the quality of it. the white banner at the top isnt all white, theres blue little artifacts and the detail of the whole thing is just sub par, i could print a better one at kinkos or something. anyone else have this trouble?
    If it is really that bad, I would take it back. You're paying good money for a print that is supposed to be the best quality, it there are problems they should know about it. I think I only have one POD piece, a framed sketch from the Haunted Mansion exhibit a couple years ago. It was one that was hanging on the wall from the exhibit (so I got it already framed)... and it's from a watercolor sketch so it's hard to say without seeing the original how accurate it is... but there are no flaws from what I can see.
    --Jonathan

Nifty pics, Sadako. We were trying to peek into the gallery from the bridge on Friday night. I guess what we saw from the bridge was the bone throne. Cool.

• Banned User

When did they change the gallery to have POTC 2 stuff in it? Its not about the 50th anymore??!!

• Head Salesman

Aye, that be the chest! I don't suppose anyone would be willing to get some high-res photos of it? If anyone takes up the challenge, I need dead-on shots of the front, sides, and the top. Some angle views would help, too to get a sense of depth and dimension, but the dead-on shots are far more important. Glare is also a no-no or at least kept to a minimum. I want to make a paper model of the chest sooo bad!

I have the key, Jack's ring, the boxed coin set (plated w/24k gold), and the boxed necklace (plated w/24k gold). I have the coins in a display case on my wall, and all I need to get is the $15 version of the coin necklace to sit out in the open for all to see, handle, and examine.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    When did they change the gallery to have POTC 2 stuff in it? Its not about the 50th anymore??!!
    I believe most of the 50th stuff was moved to the Opera House... it seemed to me that there's more 50th anniversary stuff there than in the Gallery, as of two days ago.

• Banned User

^^^ I'll have to check it out soon, Thank you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I was up there this afternoon and it is indeed a VERY cool display!

There is also some Pirate themed merchandise located in the next room over.

(I have GOT to get a Dead Man's Chest Chess set...time to start saving my pennies! )