Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abandon ship!!

• Neep meep beep

Re: Abandon ship!!

The worst part was when the band started playing, and Celine Dion came out and began singing "My heart will go onnnnn...."

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    The worst part was when the band started playing, and Celine Dion came out and began singing "My heart will go onnnnn...."
    Are there frozen corpses littering the waterway?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i did not like that....the strings were off key

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer
    Are there frozen corpses littering the waterway?
    Just ice, ice, baby...

• Playtester

Its that loop they added, it causes a lot more breakdowns then the old ride.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

They also added a corkskrew.....that seems to be where most the breakdowns are at...also that 90 degree drop

• insufferable know-it-all

Was this a necessary derail?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Monorail Racer

Inevitably, some people are just going to jump ship if they can. At WDW, Splash used to go down at least once or twice during the high Brazilian tour group season when the boats would back up before the big drop and stop and some of the tour groups assumed the ride was over and got out and started walking around the attraction looking for the exit.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Abandon ship!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlittleoldme
    Its that loop they added, it causes a lot more breakdowns then the old ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    They also added a corkskrew.....that seems to be where most the breakdowns are at...also that 90 degree drop
    Your both wrong.. it's because they are using Dells with Vista on them to run the ride... I told them they should have used Macs with Windows 2000 but no.. they wanted to go cheap....

• The Dark Ride

No, it isn't the loop, it's the damn shed, I tells ye!
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

No it's those damn ninjas! They ruin it every time!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Angry Re: Abandon ship!!

Well, sit right back and I'll tell a tell, a tell of a smelly ship. That started in a wondrous way aboard a tiny ship.

The ship struck the back of some tourists from Australia it sounds and sat for over twenty minutes near the pirates firing sound. The blasted firing sound.

The Dusty and his sailor boy, were stuck there all that time, with thoughts of bathrooms far away and the approaching dinner hour. The approaching dinner hour.

The uphill ramp was firing up and finally we were launched to the upper deck of Pirates where we were forever lost, we were forever lost.

The boats were stuck yet once again, my bladder set to burst, with - the walkway close - The cast members too - the tourists - and the lights - The speaker blare - Please don't stand - I HATE MY STINKING LIFE!

True story folks. My friend gets back from 3 months in India and I take him straight to Pirates. only to get stuck for 20 minutes at the base of the up ramp and another 20 minutes at the top. All together, we were on the ride for over an hour. And it wasn't pretty. So what does someone who has never seen Pirates think of the ride when they are stuck on it for an hour? Well the 3 Australian tourists (a lady and her two children) were nearly panicked and couldn't wait to get off. They were near tears by the time our boat was unloaded by security guards. We had to walk over the front of our boat, over the seats of the boat in front of us, and then over a gang plank to get to our freedom.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was the stupid announcement that the cast members kept saying during the whole ordeal "We are experiencing high winds on the high seas, please remain seated". Sort of cute the first two times. But imagine being stuck on a ride for over 40 minutes and hearing that non-stop! No real information mind you, just an annoying announcement that they didn't even get right most of the time.

This whole experience was preceded by a 20 minute delay in our getting on the boat as well, so all together, we waited 45 minutes to get inside the building, 20 minutes at the load station waiting for the ride to come back up, 12 minutes riding the ride before it broke down, 20 minutes at the base of the up hill, and another 20 minutes at the top of the hill.

I don't think I'll be riding again until they fix the problems and think that they should just shut the whole ride down until they can fix it. Why subject people to this??? It just ruins the experience for the guest. Now you have all the upset people who waited in line and never got on and bitter people who got on and couldn't get off. It was a terrible experience and I'm still pissed.

I've been on broken rides before (Indy more than once) and have NEVER had one break down twice while riding, nor have I ever been forced to wait so long to get off the ride.

They offered a stupid pass to riding another ride without waiting. Big freaking deal. I want the wasted hour of my life back!

- A VERY grumpy Sage
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I'm your huckleberry.

Wow Dusty!

If you look at how many stories we have of this ride breaking down in a MAJOR way in the past few days, I think it screams PROBLEM.

You may be right, they need to shut it down and make sure the sucker is functioning properly before they open it to the masses again.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

why did they not fix this during the rehab....this has always been a problem...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    why did they not fix this during the rehab....this has always been a problem...
    I can only recall one time on POTC when it has broken down (years ago) for a few minutes... from all of these stories, it looks like there's something really wrong with the ride system now. What kind of "rehab" is it when it's more broken after than it was before??

Does anyone think maybe it has anything to do with the HUGE capacity crowds they've been shoving through since it re-opened? Maybe the old ride is not used to all those full boats!

--Jonathan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast