• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTOS: A look at "Setting Sail for New Adventures" new exhibit at The Disney Gallery

Pirates have reclaimed the front room at The Disney Gallery with Pirates of the Caribbean: Setting Sail for New Adventures a new exhibit, all part of the Disney Gallery's on-going Disneyland: A Magical Canvas exhibit. The exhibit explores both new and old Pirates of the Caribbean attraction concept art. A lot focusing on new and old concept art of the scenes that were changed. Also, there are a variety of props from the new film, Dead Man's Chest, which, as well know opens July 7.

Here is a photo tour of the new exhibit:

The frame in the middle contains a piece of art a CM told us is not yet able to be shown to guests because they have not been able to aquire the rights for it. They realized they didn't have the rights after it was already hung up, so they left it. I suppose we may be seeing it uncovered anytime now...

...And the fountain in the Gallery's outdoor courtyard was spruced up back when they refurbed the area for the Haunted Mansion figure release earlier this month:
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-27-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Re: PHOTOS: A look at "Setting Sail for New Adventures" new exhibit at The Disney Gallery

Nice Photos. You know I'm glad Pirates is getting all of this attention, but anymore than this and it will just become redundant.

Great photos none the less. I'm more talking about the NOS stores. Do we really need two Pirate stores?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: PHOTOS: A look at "Setting Sail for New Adventures" new exhibit at The Disney Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Nice Photos. You know I'm glad Pirates is getting all of this attention, but anymore than this and it will just become redundant.

Great photos none the less. I'm more talking about the NOS stores. Do we really need two Pirate stores?
    Off-topic, but YES. I've found that two pirates stores ARE necessary. Both Sunday and Monday when I would be in New Orleans Square I noticed that BOTH stores were relentlessly packed throughout the day. The "Treasures" store picks up on a lot of the overflow from Pieces of Eight, not to mention all of the traffic flowing through NOS because of the Pirates queues stretching out, blocking a lof of traffic areas, and bleachers taking up a ton of walkway space.

The Treasures store might lose some of its business after the bleachers are completely gone, but I doubt that will ease the crowds that much.

| | |

• Neep meep beep

Oooh ooh ooh -- TYPO alert! Shame on you Disney, it's "sneaking a peek", not sneaking a "peak". Unless Jack was studying another map of the Himalayas, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Oooh ooh ooh -- TYPO alert! Shame on you Disney, it's "sneaking a peek", not sneaking a "peak". Unless Jack was studying another map of the Himalayas, that is.
    Haha, yeah I also noticed on another sign they put Davy Jones's Chest -- It should be Davy Jones' Chest

They need to hire a new copy editor!

| | |

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I think the current focus on Pirates is MORE than appropriate, and probably even less than they could get away with. After all, it's the ultimate synergy: a ride that just opened after being closed for like three months to add in characters from the hit movie that opens just after the world premiere of the anticipated sequel and 12 days before the movie hits. And, for some reason, I don't really mind watching Disney merchandise this out until the wheels fall off.

And with the piracy in New Orleans' history, it actually all fits sort of okay as well.

• My life is better with DL

Great pics MG!!! You rock my world with your posts.

Now for what I secretly thought when I saw these items:

Just think--Not long ago, my little Johnny sat in that chair. Hooh...If only I could have touched it, but "evil befalls those who touch" it...so I refrained.

One day Johnny...
    ...If only.

Those will be our wedding bands some day...

Haha Oh man, I'm such a perv. But c'mon, most of you were porbably thinking the same thing.

^This is the life!