• Banned User

Fantasmic Back A Day Early

Just an FYI, Fantasmic! took place tonight (Tue the 27th) as a surprise performance.
    Last edited by captsmith84; 07-20-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Re: Fantasmic Back A Day Early

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Pirates still had about a 20 minute wait at closing, and that made them close the ride early. (Some guests were pretty mad too.)
    Well, no.

Pirates was closed a few minutes after 11:00pm because the animatronics all stopped moving throughout the ride. How do I know that? I was on the ride a few minutes before 11:00pm in the Dunking The Mayor scene when they stopped moving. By the time we got up the ramp and back to the loading area 10 minutes later, they had already shut the doors and cleared the queue and shut the ride down. The CM's apologized for the "tour of the wax museum", and off I went to Mansion.

When I swung by Pirates again at 11:30pm the Pirates line went towards the French Market, but the ride was still closed and CM's were trying to convince people to not wait because they had "no time estimate" for how long it would take to fix the problem, or if it would be fixed before the Park closed at Midnight. There were a few people crabbing and complaining, and I felt bad for how poorly they were treating the 9 dollar an hour 19 year old girl who was trying the best she could to please those who chose to wait in line but needed to vent and complain to her.

Why do people feel its appropriate to get snippy and blame a 9 dollar an hour college kid dressed in a polyester pirates outfit for a mechanical problem that she has no control over? It's like the jerks at the airport who blame the gate attendant in Phoenix for a blizzard in Chicago that has grounded their plane. The sense of entitlement, and the feeling that "I'm special and deserve extra attention", is getting worse and worse these days. Lady, you aren't special, you are one of 60,000 people at Disneyland today, and the college kid standing in front of the ride has no control over a complex and sophisticated attraction like Pirates. Relax and calm down, because you aren't that cool.

When I walked by at 5 minutes to Midnight the ride had reopened, there was still a very long line, but they were letting anyone who wanted to get in line. I rode again, but I didn't get inside the doors until 8 minutes after Midnight. There were still quite a few people behind me in line, and they were all allowed to ride even though Disneyland had been closed for 10 minutes.

Trashy places like Six Flags close lines early. Disneyland doesn't do that sort of thing. And they certainly didn't do it late Tuesday night at Pirates of the Caribbean.

Exclamation Re: Fantasmic Back A Day Early

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    Trashy places like Six Flags close lines early. Disneyland doesn't do that sort of thing. And they certainly didn't do it late Tuesday night at Pirates of the Caribbean.
    You're right! Disney's policy is to only close the line at park closing, so as long as you're in line at say 11pm or 12am when the park closes, you'll get a ride.
    Pirates still had about a 20 minute wait at closing, and that made them close the ride early. (Some guests were pretty mad too.)
    I wish people (such as yourself) wouldn't jump to wrong conclusions so quickly just because they think they know what's going on. And yes, I agree that it's sad to see grown adults act like babies (actually worse since babies can't cuss out a person or threaten violence) and scream and cry at the poor Attractions CM's as if it's THEIR fault the ride broke down, and THEY caused every problem on purpose. I worked in Attractions for a few years, and believe me, it's much easier IMO to have an attraction open and running great than it is to be down and have to explain to yelling guests what's going on.

Now if you believe poor upkeep/maintenance or something else is to blame for attractions going down, that's what City Hall is for (or corporate office/managers)... not the $7 to $9 an hour attraction CM to be screamed at for ruining someone’s vacation on purpose.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little bit about guests treating CM's poorly, so now back on-topic about Fantasmic...
    Last edited by Wesley815; 06-28-2006 at 03:30 AM.
    -Wes

• Banned User

Now, don't give me this crap about them not closing the line before park closing. I know because I was almost last in line, and Pirate Lead told another CM to close the line. And the line was indeed closed. About 20 guests were pretty mad that they had decided to close the line five minutes before midnight.

Now, I don't know about any issues with the animatronics, as I don't work there. But I do know what I see, and Pirates was indeed closed five minutes prior to midnight. I talked to the guy who closed the line, and he informed me that the line should have been closed much earlier, and various kids were getting off work at midnight that night, so they we not supposed to keep them. He also went on to tell me that the ride only started working again at about 11:45, though the line wasn't closed for some reason while the attraction was down.
    I'm more enlightened about proper attraction procedures and policies than most people who have been in the park for over a year. Especially Disney's policies. I know what happened last night wasn't normal, and it was pretty annoying to see them closing an attraction five minutes early, pirates or no pirates, it's pretty low.
    Last edited by captsmith84; 07-20-2006 at 08:45 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Why do people feel its appropriate to get snippy and blame a 9 dollar an hour college kid dressed in a polyester pirates outfit for a mechanical problem that she has no control over? It's like the jerks at the airport who blame the gate attendant in Phoenix for a blizzard in Chicago that has grounded their plane. The sense of entitlement, and the feeling that "I'm special and deserve extra attention", is getting worse and worse these days. Lady, you aren't special, you are one of 60,000 people at Disneyland today, and the college kid standing in front of the ride has no control over a complex and sophisticated attraction like Pirates. Relax and calm down, because you aren't that cool.
    They were probably just angry at the situation and wanted to take it out on her. Kind of like when people get angry at a computer malfunction, boss, etc. and take it out on a punching bag.

• I don't feel tardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    They were probably just angry at the situation and wanted to take it out on her. Kind of like when people get angry at a computer malfunction, boss, etc. and take it out on a punching bag.
    No, it's much better to take things out on the punching bag. Even though it has as much control over the situation as the $9/hour employee in the polyester uniform, it doesn't have feelings.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

True, that is what happens most of the time, when people are angry at situations. They take it out on the nearest person as if they are a verbal punching bag.

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    ... places like Six Flags close lines early. Disneyland doesn't do that sort of thing. And they certainly didn't do it late Tuesday night at Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Disneyland will close lines prior to park closing if the ride queues are saturated enough that cycling out the line will push the ride's operation WELL past the parks closing time (i want to say half hour past, but i can be wrong). I've experienced this a few times while heading over to Space Mountain anywhere from 30-45 minutes prior to park closing. The queues were still long even at that hour.
    Consider yourself lucky last night that Pirates reopened at all that close to park closing. The CM's probably didn't even have to reopen the doors when it was that close to park closing, but they did. Talk about that little extra Disney Magic! Did you remember to thank those CM's who did?

And as for you Wesley, you obviously don't know me.
    I never said I did...

Interesting to see how worked up you get over this subject though... wow! Oh well, just provides more entertainment for me to read through.

Thanks! Have a magical day.
    -Wes