Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) redraws its routes, and adds the Anaheim Train Station

Earlier this month, Anaheim Resort Transit shuffled up its routes, and now goes to Angel Stadium and the Anaheim Train Station.

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf

HoJo's fans will be happy, the new Route B only has 3 stops. It goes down Harbor to Katella and heads west to the Islander Inn and Suites, then makes a left on Clementine and stops at the Residence Inn Anaheim, then keeps heading north (street changes name to Manchester) to HoJo's, then left onto Harbor and the DLR Tram area.

Route N is the route that goes to the Anaheim Train Station, if you decide to use ART, I strongly recommend that you buy your ART passes online, and pay the $1 service charge per order, as it looks like there is not a place to buy them at the Train Station. With the pass, it is $3 for an all-day pass, if you pay on the ART tram, it is $3 for the single trip.

A few months ago, they added service to the Crystal Cathedral and the Block of Orange (Route L).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) redraws its routes, and adds the Anaheim Train Station

ART is just another reason that we would rather stay at the DL hotel.

I don't mind shuttles, but they (ART) are terrible. Too small, too crowded and we had the unfortunate opportunity to deal with a VERY rude driver (the first AND last time that we HAD to use them).

Even when we stay at the Residence Inn, we don't take ART.

Gee...Can you tell we aren't happy with ART???

Thanks for the info (anyway).

• Banned User

Re: Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) redraws its routes, and adds the Anaheim Train Station

These are the little red trolley looking thingies right?

We used those once... they were great! Saved time parking in the AM!
    But unfortunately don't make the morning grunt to Starbucks on the way,
    so we almost always drive ourselves!

• For You!

Our route - the D Route last week was horrible!!! We were staying at the Doubletree GuestSuites and it took over an hour to get the shuttle - we walked most of the time - and never even saw the shuttle go by us! And yes, the drivers - except one - were very rude, and you could tell they got sick of answering the same questions.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim, and most of the time we walked to the park. Sometimes we walked to the parking lot and caught the tram. I did sometimes use ART to get back to the hotel many times. Especially at night. ALthough most times, the tram was faster.

Now I have a question. If someone would want to go to Angel Stadium, how exactly would they get there?

Would I have to take one shuttle to say the main terminal at Disneyland, and then transfer?
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Now I have a question. If someone would want to go to Angel Stadium, how exactly would they get there?

Would I have to take one shuttle to say the main terminal at Disneyland, and then transfer?
    Limosine Service!!

Taxi might be easiest, though.

If there were enough people going, maybe a "chartered" hotel shuttle bus could be arranged, at least to get there. Then make a call to the hotel after the game, and the shuttle would be dispatched.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Although I appreciate the easiest answer. I really would like to know the logistics of getting from a hotel near Disneyland to Anaheim Stadium using
    ART. Exactly how would one do it?
    Pop Century Resort

• Rock Star Minion

Is this one of those trick questions? I'm busy doing a Sudoku, but I'll get right on your problem as soon as I'm done.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

I'll need to know exactly which hotel one is staying in. The logistics differ based on hotel.

If one were to stay at:
    1. Travelodge International Inn
    2. Best Western Raffles and Suites
    3. Dolphin's Cove Resort

Then those are already on the N route.

For all others, I'm guessing that if the hotel is not close enough to
    1. One of those hotels, or
    2. Anaheim Convention Center,

then a general instruction is to get to the East Esplanade Bus Depot, and take The N from there.

The Anaheim Convention Center can be used as a transfer point as well:
    C, E, F, H, J, K, L all stop at The ACC.

Meh. Back to my Sudoku.

• Rock Star Minion

One issue that is likely to happen at the ACC is that you don't know which way the N bus is going, unless it states so on the bus marquee. I mean, you'd rather take the bus going to Anaheim Stadium, not one that's going to Disneyland then back to the ACC and THEN to Anaheim Stadium.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I appreciate the direct answer. I printed out the ART information that was included in the link.

I appreciate that sometimes shuttles are a blessing, and sometimes they are a pain in the neck.
    Pop Century Resort

• back in Austin

I'll put in another shameless plug for the Candy Cane Inn: they've got their own private shuttle.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

O.K. now keep in mind that I am a Chicago girl and I don't have a clue about anything Anaheim, except I successfully made my way from the airport to the Hilton Anaheim and from there to Disneyland.

Exactly what type of train station is this train station that is now serviced by ART? Is it a local train, like our Chicago RTA, and our Metra System, or is it an Amtrack type of train?
    Pop Century Resort

• Rock Star Minion

You know, it's OK to interrupt my Sudoku once, but twice......Oooh, I hate that!

That train station is a combination Amtrak station and a commuter train called "MetroLink."

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

It uses the same tracks as the Amtrak and the Union (?) Pacific commercial cargo trains.

It will take you anywhere that you don't want to go, at an inconvenient time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I promise that is my last question on the subject.

I will not promise that this is my last post.

Oh, Yes, Thank you very much.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast