Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Check out this Disneyland picture

Taken during a relatively empty Toontown this week. Kind of shows how funny some of the characters can be while interacting with kids!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Re: Check out this Disneyland picture

Just as the kid gets up to give Pluto a hug, the Toon Town Trolly restarts operations and flattens the kid.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    Just as the kid gets up to give Pluto a hug, the Toon Town Trolly restarts operations and flattens the kid.
    Ha! "Jolly" Trolly my a**!

• insufferable know-it-all

Really cute pic! I love it when characters have time for interactions like this... SO much better than those stupid autograph books!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    Hey! NOT FUNNY! This really happened to Pluto down in WDW!

Read on:

Disney Performer Killed By Parade Float

Authorities Investigating Incident

POSTED: 3:54 pm EST February 11, 2004
    UPDATED: 6:59 am EST February 12, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A costumed worker dressed as the character Pluto was killed after being run over and killed by a Walt Disney World float during an afternoon parade Wednesday, according to Local 6 News.

Video
    Disney Parade Float Crushes Disney Worker
    See Sky 6 Images

Javier Cruz, 38, of Orlando was killed in a backstage area of the Magic Kingdom, near the Splash Mountain ride, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Cruz had worked at the park for eight years, officials said.
    Disney spokeswoman Rena Langley said Cruz was toward the end of the parade and was about to enter the park when he was hit. Langley said she wasn't sure if any visitors witnessed what happened.
    "To my knowledge there has never been an accident like this before," Langley said. "Clearly, it's a difficult and tragic day for all of us."
    The Orange County Sheriff's Office was investigating, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration also was sending an investigator.
    "The investigation shows it to be accidental," said Carlos Torres, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Donna-Lynne Dalton, recording secretary for Teamsters Local 385, which represents costumed workers at Disney World, said at this point it appears all rules were being followed during the parade.
    "It's just a horrible, horrible tragedy," Dalton said.
    The last time a worker died at Walt Disney World was in 1999 when a part-time employee who had been working in the loading area of the Magic Kingdom Skyway fell to his death. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration later fined Walt Disney World $4,500 for what it called a "serious" violation of safety standards. The ride was closed later that year.
    Cruz's death occurred as Disney chairman and CEO Michael Eisner and other top executives were at the resort for a conference with investment analysts. Cable television giant Comcast Corp. made a surprise bid Wednesday to buy The Walt Disney Co. for more than $54 billion.

• Artsy Fartsy

WOW This thread went sour fast. Too sad!!! But that is a cute pic Frogberto

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Banned User

Awesome pic Frogberto!

Sorry your thread got hijacked

• Closed Account

Talking Re: Check out this Disneyland picture

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPLightningBug
    Awesome pic Frogberto!

Sorry your thread got hijacked
    Not the thread! Merely pointing out that phrubies comment was not funny HA HA but scary HA HA! Life reflects MiceChat forums! Dreams do come true and it can happen to you!

• FastPass n00b

What are the odds that a Pluto gets run over in the past couple years when someone makes a joke like that. Someone makes a joke about something, and sure enough it's already happened. But I don't think he was trying to make light of the real accident, he was just making a light-hearted statement about a potentially funny fictional situation.

Wow, people need to lighten up on a board about Disneyland. I mean, unless someone personally knows someone who was killed in an accident like that, there's really no need to reprimand a poster who tells a joke.

• Closed Account

Talking Re: Check out this Disneyland picture

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    What are the odds that a Pluto gets run over in the past couple years when someone makes a joke like that. Someone makes a joke about something, and sure enough it's already happened. But I don't think he was trying to make light of the real accident, he was just making a light-hearted statement about a potentially funny fictional situation.

Wow, people need to lighten up on a board about Disneyland. I mean, unless someone personally knows someone who was killed in an accident like that, there's really no need to reprimand a poster who tells a joke.
    Thank you sir! Here is a smile

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep

Disney Performer Killed By Parade Float

Authorities Investigating Incident
    How bizarre. I'm sorry for that mans family.

Back on topic...

Really cute pic.

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I think that's a great photo!!! Can you tell us more about what happened before and after the pic was taken? Can I assume that is your kid (Froggy Jr)?

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• For You!

It is cute - it's a real advantage to go on the off season to get more moments like this - it's rare in the summer!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by JulieNMM
    I think that's a great photo!!! Can you tell us more about what happened before and after the pic was taken? Can I assume that is your kid (Froggy Jr)?

JULIE
    Yes, that is the tadpole. For once, we got into Toontown at opening (9am), on a non-early entry day (Sunday). Mickey came out in front of his house, Minnie in front of hers, Pluto was running around, and tried to interact with my son, who just sat down. So ... Pluto sat down also, and kept imitating everything he did! After a minute, Donald came out in front of his boat, and Goofy went to the front doorsteps of his house.

We met Mickey, and Minnie, with no wait. Afterwards, there was a small wait for Donald, but none for Goofy, who was right next to Donald.

Goofy then stood in line to meet Donald, and when he got up to the front, him and Donald started a fake boxing match. Goofy kept acting silly, getting in front of photos of Donald, and behind Donald and making hand gestures, and finally went around to everyone with the "you're the man" hand sign.

Pretty funny day. If you have kids, or like character interactions, it's a good place to be with minimal waiting.

• A New Kind Of Villain

That is so bloody cute, I'm about to cry

*reprimands her biological clock*
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast