Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stuck in Disney

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Stuck in Disney

I think it would be cool to be stuck on any ride at DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I have been stuck on at least a dozen Disney attractions for at least 20 minutes.....I won't bother to even try to count how many times I've been stuck for 10 minutes or less. Only in two instances did I have to walk off the attraction(Splash Mt. at Disneyland and "If You Had Wings" at the Magic Kingdom) ......the longest I ever had to wait was on the old Horrizons attraction at Epcot where we hung motionless in thin air for nearly an hour. My favorite time stuck on a ride was when we were riding the Peoplmover and it halted for about 25 minutes or so while we were in the SuperSpeed Tunnel....still seemed like we were moving
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I was stuck in Space Mountain for about 45 minutes, it was pretty fun, everyone made the best out of the situation. They had turned the lights on and the sounds off, so after awhile we started singing between the cars, 'you say potato' other car 'I say potato', then they let us coast down with the lights on.
    After that they let us ride it again, which after seeing it with the lights on and thinking you know what's coming adds a certain thrill when it goes the other direction.
    I think the name badge on the CM who came out to push us down said 'Disney Ambassador'

• rebmeM roinuJ

i wouldnt mind being stuck on soaring. darn.... im stuck in a pretty comfortable seat elevated off the floor, whatever shall i do...

but yes, i wouldnt mind being stuck on a few rides, a select few.

• Senior Minion

At one trip to WDW, we were stuck in Maelstrom for about an hour, right at the top of the big drop.

Not fun. A CM and a repair tech came out, and basically ignored everyone until they finally managed to pry the boat back on the track and send us down to the exit. We barely made our dinner reservation...bad show.

I don't think I've been on the attraction since.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've never been suck on a ride at Disneyland, but I've been stuck on Spaceship Earth at Epcot a couple times. Once was when the cars go backwards at the end of the ride. The other time was a couple years ago. My car stopped just before the printing press scene. We were stopped for maybe 20-30 minutes or so, then it started working again. The park closed at 9:00 that night and it was maybe 9:30 or so by the time I finally got off there.

WAYYYY long time ago, I got stuck on "journey through inner space" in the pitch dark! I was a little kid and I was scared to death! I'm not sure how long it was but as a kid it seemed like FOREVER

JAN
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by mini_imagineer
    This doesn't really have anything to dow ith it but when I was in line for Soarin' we ahd to get out of line and they evacuated the building! They just said for techical dificulties! it was scary!
    i also got evacuated for soaring because the fire alarm went off!! We were about to take off the room dark then out of no where the fire alarm goes off. (I dont know if any body else has ever heard a disney fire alarm but for me i dont know why it just seems a little more scary then a regular fire alarm) So i'm siting there stuck not able to get off for a good 10 seconds and im on the ground! the seat belt wouldnt come off! it finally came off and i booked it! I was about to roast in a theme park that Walt Disney didnt create! Scary times

• Coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by StuckatDeadend
    I've only been stuck on one disney ride: Big Thunder Mountain. The train just stopped as we were going up a hill. We weren't stranded for hours though, we were only in the train for about 10 minutes before someone came out and evacuated us off the ride, so it wasn't a horrible experience. In fact, It was pretty fun. We got to walk along part of the track and got some passes for when the ride went back up.
    I had something similar in Paris, I got stuck going up the final lift hill for 30 minutes. It was great because when we finally got back to the station we went round twice (yes Twice!) again. 3 times in a row, fantastic!

• Found my prince!

On June 11 we got stuck on TOT for 45 minutes. We were in the front row and the people next to us had a son who was so upset that he started throwing up. Thank goodness the floor was a grate so it just fell through and didnt smell. The CM were great and told us they could hear and see us and to let them know if we had any questions. In about 20 minutes it started getting very warm since the doors were not open. We could look down and see the mainentance guys below checking things out. Finally they got the door open and we were between floors. A CM stayed with us the entire time the doors were open to let us know what was going on. They finally moved the elevator up and rolled a 5 or 6 step platform over for us to get out. The only bad thing was the boy throwing up and not being able to umbuckle the seat belt. We got a pass for any ride in DCA but had to use it the next day since by time we got off the park was closing. We had no problem using the pass the next day and went to the front of Soarin!

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket
    Our car stopped on Space Mountain, that was a day i'll never forget
    I actually had a similar experience to that. We got stuck near the top of Space Mountain so they stopped the music, turned the lights on and the poor CMs had to push us down the rest of the ride. Fortunately we did get some Space Mountain FastPasses out of it and bragging rights that we got to see the inside of the ride.

• Grumpy old man

I've only been evacuated from one ride, Alice in Wonderland, and I thought it was cool walking through the ride and all. Getting stuck twice on HM in one ride sucked, but more for my two youngest cousins who got stuck in the graveyard right in front of a head popping up from behind a gravestone.

• Tourist

I didn't get stuck on IASW, but once I went through it without the soundtrack, and that was weird. The sound went out just as we started the ride. But the dolls kept moving as we floated through.

All we heard was, "click, click, whirr; click, click, whirr..." It was almost like an episode of "Night Gallery."

• madaboutdisney

I got stuck in Indiana Jones right after we dropped down, escaping the ball. Our car was in this wierd downward angle moving back and forth, and we were completely in the dark. good thing it lasted like 5 minutes though.

Another time i got stuck was on pirates a long time ago. Our boat was the VERY next boat to unload. But before we got to the platform area, we got stuck. so we had to wait 30 unnecessary minutes and we were THAT close. lol

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDLand
    A couple of years ago we were stuck on the Grizzly ride at DCA, right at the top of the lift...we were up there for about 25 mins, and it got pretty hot sitting in the sun (thankfully it was april)... there was a CM up there letting us know it would only be a few more minutes, etc.

I did ask him if we could get margaritas brought up from the wharf if we were going to be stuck a long time...he just laughed. But seriously, I would have insisted on water or something if we had been stuck for a longer time in the sun!

We did get passes to ride it later.
    A friend and I ended up stuck on that ride. Also on the hill going up but it was in the shade since it was right before leaving the building thing. Of course we were stuck for over 30 minutes and sitting at an angle like that was horrible. My legs started hurting from trying to keep them in my space. We did have a CM or 2 come by a few times to tell us to hang tight and then when we needed to be taken off the ride as well. We got the passes to go ride again later also. Which ended up not being needed since it was a super slow day.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234