Crowds Thursday 6/29?

Has the Park been very busy the last week? I know that theres alot of attention because of pirates but no one has really said if the crowds were summer sized yet or not

• Neep meep beep

Re: Crowds Thursday 6/29?

Sure seemed busy on Wednesday the 28th. Ironically, when the evening crowds came in, the lines went up - Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, all had a 50 minute wait.

Pirates, on the other hand, was 25 minutes, even with minor breakdowns of the ride. I love this high capacity ride!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yep, it's summertime, they're celebrating the 50th and it's crowded.

But crowds are relative to your desire to enjoy the Park. We enjoy the Park whether there are 5,000 or 50,000 guests.

We just enjoy it differently.

Have fun!

We were there last night. It was busy but not unmanageable. Pirates 20 min wait at 8:00PM. Buzz was a 25 min wait. After the fireworks it cleared out considerably.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Glad to see that you had a nice evening at the Park.

Maybe the calm before the storm???...Upcoming 4th holiday.

So is the whole park crowded or is it noticeably more crowded near PotC and less crowded elsewhere? If everyone is flocking to PotC, then I'd expect other areas to be less crowded. True? or not?

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Closed Account

We arrived at the park last night around 6:45pm when everyone was staking out their spots for Parade of Dreams. We were in line at POTC by 7:00pm (line went out about 10 feet beyond the first POTC gate) and was walking out the exit by 7:25pm.

My recommendation is to do the rides when the big shows are going on (Fantasiamagic, fireworks, parades).

Ok, thanks everybody I just didnt know if it was more crowded at the park because of all the Pirates promotions going on

• Neep meep beep

I say "ironically" in my post, since it was Pirates that had the shortest line. But make no mistake, summer crowds seem to be here. It seems that's because, with a few exceptions, all of Orange County and most of LA county schools are out for the summer, so teens, kids, and families, are making the most out of the free time.

I would say the summer crowds are here and I think they seem worse due to the heat and humidity we've experienced this week. Yeah, as of last Friday, all of the O.C. (traditional schedule) schools are out for the summer. And I understand this is the last week for some of the APs before a big summer block-out.

• Rock Star Minion

Anyone have some idea of how long the wait is for POC at certain points of the queue?
    Like, right under the bridge, assuming all of queue area is full. Any guesses or educated guesses? Can't be more than 20 minutes or so, barring operational issues. But, people see the line outside the bridge and skip it.
    (I don't know whether the outside queue is more or less than it was prior to refurb.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Neep meep beep

When the line gets right under the outside bridge, the sign in front always says 25 minutes. It's typical for Disney to over-estimate waits, however, and in practice, it's more like 20 minutes, usually.