Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Should the Blue Bayou list prices?

I looked at the menu outside of the Blue Bayou and found that they did not list prices for their menu. I think with the recent price hike, it is only good customer service to list what is being charged. In the real world, restaurants commonly list their regular menu outside to allow people to see what is offered at what price. Prices are not hidden or left off.

I just think that since other Disneyland restaurants list prices, it is only courteous to do so for the Blue Bayou.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Should the Blue Bayou list prices?

Hmm...I've never noticed. I'll have to remember to take a look at the menus they have displayed outside when I go tomorrow.

• Former Epcot CM

It's what swish and up-market restaurants do these days. I guess it comes under Ouimet's pledge for the best restaurant in a Disney resort.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Sock Puppet

Like the old saying goes...

If you have to ask then you can't afford it!

• Disneyland Freak

They do, inside and on the menus which you can ask for beforehand. Nearly none of the DLR restaurants post prices outside. It would be nice yes, but as magic mirror said, if you have to ask, then you can't afford it!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

The prices weren't listed on the board when I was there the other night but they were on the podium when I checked in.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mirror
    Like the old saying goes...

If you have to ask then you can't afford it!
    Haha seriously. If you are concerned about spending too much money while at Disneyland then it would be a good idea to eat before you enter the park. Disney knows that once people get into the park they don't have much options at places to eat so they are able to charge exorbitant prices. Eh I guess that is how business is done...

Yeah, I know that whole if you have to ask, you can't afford it theory, but it would seriously help people budget their trip easier if they know going in what their meal is going to cost. Why the big secret?

• I'm your huckleberry.

None of the on-property eateries have menu prices listed outside.

But you can always ask for a menu at the podium, and that will give you the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Maybe the prices change with the crowds or days...LOL

I've heard of restaurants issuing menu's based upon how you look (higher prices if they didn't want you in, type of thing). Certainly not meant towards BB, but snobby restaurants in the city, yes.

I've actually never looked at the outside sign, and we eat there at least once every trip. We just go in and order what we want. They don't need to tease us with outside signage. We know what we want to eat.

For once a year type guests, it would be prudent to ask for a menu with prices whenever they see a restaurant sign that doesn't list them.

That's just common sense to be used at ANY restaurant, inside or out of DL.

• If We Can Dream It...

DL sort of needs to admitt that they can't make the blue Bayou be like an expensive LA or NY one-of-a-kind restaurant (or like napa rose & Victoria & Alberts). It just doesn't fit in well with the theme park atmosphere but, OC is the main customer at DL. To many people in OC, the price of dinner isn't the main factor in where to eat. I think they can charge whatever they want but posting prices outside really helps the general public. If you were the average visitor and were at DL you would probably figure BB is just like all other sit down's (price wise). For the basic visitor who isn't in the know, they could sit down at BB, read the prices, and just have a heartattack! Do I think BB needs to go back to the way it was? No. Do I think that BB need to admit defeat so early? Definately not, let's see what this baby can do. Do I have faith in BB's ablity to perform. Yep! Do I think prices should be posted outside? 100% yes!
    - Horizonsfan

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    Yeah, I know that whole if you have to ask, you can't afford it theory, but it would seriously help people budget their trip easier if they know going in what their meal is going to cost. Why the big secret?
    I can very well afford any restaurant, and I still look at the prices. It would show either stupidity or ignorance on your part to not care what the prices were.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

A while back I was having lunch at the Blue Bayou with a girlfriend and there was another couple seated next to us. They obviously had no idea this was not a cheap place to eat because after they took a look at the menu they quickly gathered up their things and left. If they post the prices I think awkward moments like this could be avoided.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    A while back I was having lunch at the Blue Bayou with a girlfriend and there was another couple seated next to us. They obviously had no idea this was not a cheap place to eat because after they took a look at the menu they quickly gathered up their things and left. If they post the prices I think awkward moments like this could be avoided.
    See, that's my whole thing. A lot of families pour their whole life savings to get to WDW or DL. The last thing they need if to accidentaly walk into a sit down which they can't aford. Nobody wants to have that kind of degrading situation. DL should help all who come there, rich and poor. By posting the menu it helps some of us who spend our money differently (not always the poor) and would prefer to not spend $45 per person for lunch or dinner.
    - Horizonsfan

• Minion

Luckily I am well aware of their prices so I only go for lunch and even then we split a Monte Cristo sandwich. Even if I had the money for dinner I would rather spend it at Claim Jumpers where I know I will get what I pay for, instead of paying for small servings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast