Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Rawr...

On my marching band trip... I swaggered out of frontierland all cool with my brand new Indy hat on, looked across the hub and caught sight of a pair of gorgoeus blue eyes staring back at me. Cheeks crimson-ised, and frantic searches for something else to look at ensued. She then glanced back at me just as I did the same, but it wasn't embarrasing... god shes beautiful....Anyway, we've been going out for almost two years now, but I knew then that she was special.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Many of us have a single, if not many, moments that made our love for Disneyland grow to what it is today. It may be a special cast member making your day or perhaps Goofy wishing you a Happy Birthday? Share your "moment" with the rest of us

I still have faint images in my head of the first time I saw Tink streaking across the nighttime sky at about 4 years of age. I've just never forgotten that.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• This Maid Loves it!!

Being a castmember, especially opening the Haunted Mansion holiday installment on October 2001!! Just being part of something 'Fresh' on an old and favorite attraction.. even though that morning everything was working quite perfect for CM preview. And then, everything stopped working, and had to close for half an hour for park guests!! Good times!!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• Tour Ship Pilot

Too many memories across too many years to figure one,its more like a comfortable quilt with squares made from trips with family old and new,friends from long ago and some from now. But if I had to choose one square I would say it was a trip on Boys club day way back in 1976, I was one of thebetter trusted guys and along with my friend we were allowed to do the park all on our own with a pack of Jimminy Cricket tickets and a golden key that was good for unlimited rides for the first few hours. It was off season and we got to ride about everything in the park that day, rainbow caverns was one of my favorites that trip along along with America sings
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

• Hooterville, USA

My favorite moment is everytime I enter the Magic Kingdom.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

My husband surprised me in 97 for our 20th anniversary.
    For a year I thought we were going to Vegas.
    On the morning we were to leave, my husband ordered me to not wear my contacts, only my glasses. (blind as a bat I am). I was totally confused. When we got to the airport, he had me take off my glasses, and he had the check-in guy come look at my ID and not mention where we were going. He knew I wouldn't be able to look for the flight information if I couldn't see. When he led me to the gate, he slapped some headphones on me, and said I couldn't take them off. That man had gone and taped all of our old records from when we were dating, all our old romantic r&b tunes, one after another. It was so sweet. That way I couldn't hear any announcements either. When we were on the flight, he had timed the length of the tape perfectly. just before we landed, all of our family members one by one got on the tape saying happy anniversary, I knew the whole time. All my children said they didn't know nothing, it was hilarious. as we landed, his voice starts telling me how much fun he had planning this surprise, and in the backround is "when you wish upon a star" and he hands me our passports for a week in Disneyland. I am sobbing now as we landed, and then a quick ride to Disneyland Hotel, me crying all the way. They were so kind, and gave me flowers, they were in on it all. That night, we had the dessert buffet on the balcony for Fantasmic. I thought I was in a dream. I'll never forget that trip. We had a perfect week!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    On the morning we were to leave, my husband ordered me to not wear my contacts, only my glasses. (blind as a bat I am). I was totally confused. When we got to the airport, he had me take off my glasses, and he had the check-in guy come look at my ID and not mention where we were going. He knew I wouldn't be able to look for the flight information if I couldn't see. When he led me to the gate, he slapped some headphones on me, and said I couldn't take them off. That man had gone and taped all of our old records from when we were dating, all our old romantic r&b tunes, one after another. It was so sweet. That way I couldn't hear any announcements either. When we were on the flight, he had timed the length of the tape perfectly. just before we landed, all of our family members one by one got on the tape saying happy anniversary, I knew the whole time. All my children said they didn't know nothing, it was hilarious. as we landed, his voice starts telling me how much fun he had planning this surprise, and in the backround is "when you wish upon a star" and he hands me our passports for a week in Disneyland. I am sobbing now as we landed, and then a quick ride to Disneyland Hotel, me crying all the way. They were so kind, and gave me flowers, they were in on it all. That night, we had the dessert buffet on the balcony for Fantasmic. I thought I was in a dream. I'll never forget that trip. We had a perfect week!
    That is the SWEETEST thing EVER!!! I was in tears at the end of reading it!! I had to read it to my friend and she had the same teary response. He's most defintely a keeper. That is soooo awesome he deserves a

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Sock Puppet

Favorite Disneyland moment: Apart from my magical experience below the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, there are a few other notable incidents. One in particular seems to stand out from the rest:
    I was having a rough day; I lost my visor, my replacement hat was fitting a little weird, and my sock-less shoe situation was really starting to smell. Had I not been in Disneyland, my state of depression would surely have been classified as a state of emergency. In order to escape the hot sun, my brother and I decided to go on the Haunted Mansion. After waiting in the long ling, listening to amateur night at the HM in the gallery, and getting trampled during the "race to the buggies", we were finally in our hard plastic chair and were ascending the stair case. As we entered the seance room with madam leota and the buggies did their slight rotation, momentarily revealing the contents of the other buggies near by. And out of nowhere, he appeared! Consisting of the following colors: gray, white, black, and red, his slapstick mannerisms got the best of me! I burst out laughing Seeing a sock monkey with his two human friends and accompanied by another small light brown monkey was just what I needed! Who in their right mind would expect to see something like that at Disneyland, especially the Haunted Mansion! One of the kids was making the sock monkey do some kind of one legged dance, while the monkey held the other leg in the air; like the can-can. It was breathtaking
    Disneyland is known for its ability to make the grouchiest of all grandmas smile, and on that particular day, decided to shead a little of its magic on me! Thank you!

I'd promised my two daughters a trip to Disneyland since they were old enough to talk, and had shown them all the video and books I had, and related my own memories of the park. For years we watched Disney movies and studied the map I'd saved, going over every area in the park and what we'd do when we got there. When we finally made the trip they were as excited as I was.

Coming down the ramp from the monorail station in Tomorrowland for that very first time and looking around at everything, my older daughter said "I can't believe we're finally here! This is like the best day of my life!"
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Travelmom that is unreal, what a grat anniversary!

• This Maid Loves it!!

Working at the "Walt Disney Story:featuring Great Moments with Mr.Lincoln"... I was doing my working office spiel, and as I was telling the guests about the baby grand piano, and how The Sherman brothers played on the piano, and played Walt's favorite song, 'Feed the Birds'... in the corner of my eye, I can tell, that there was a lovely blonde woman and she had this huge smile on her face. After I was done, she introduced me to her husband, Robert Sherman!! I was just in awe!! I shook his hand, and he thanked me for doing a wonderful spiel..after the show was exiting, I made my fellow CMs go to the exit, so they can meet him as well...I was sooo giddy!! I have met up with him 2 more times, especially at 'The many adventures of winnie the pooh', where he composed the attraction music!! He is truly a Disney Icon, and one of the nicest men ever!!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234