Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• What have I done?

Re: Paradise Pier vs. Pacific Ocean Park

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I completely agree! If they were going for the "oceanside boardwalk", and the ocean is a major attraction that guests come to California for, I always thought they should have added a wave machine to the lagoon area, a fake white sand beach nearby, and fake sandcastles or a beach landscape with umbrellas and backdrops on the other side, to complete the illusion.

The "burger invasion", and huge orange, and some other elements, just don't really fit there.
    They do have a wave machine but since the Rockin' the Bay concert series it has been off! I agree they shoud have had a beach/ sand area where the now lame SS Rustworthy is at.

Paradise Pier is inspired by an amalgam of piers and oceanfront amusement zones, including Pacific Ocean Park.

King Triton's Carousel of the Sea presents tributes to the various California sites that informed the creators of Paradise Pier.

Paradise Pier loses me, though, when it introduces the bees, the space motif, and the roadside tackiness of the Route 66 area. If this region of D.C.A. focused on the beach and the ocean, the area would be so much stronger, creatively-speaking.
    Ok so now that you pointed it out I see what you mean I guess those myriad of themes never bothered me. I understand what you mean and I agree PP, should change to be a bit more cohesive. Perhaps change Route 66 to PCH highway? Not a difficult task. Rename Burger Invasion to Dudes burger joint to make it seem like Dukes at Huntington Beach. The Orange Stinger has always aluded me even to this day. I like it structurely but it really doesnt fit. Convert the bees to... I am stuck on that one actually.

"This guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Ok so now that you pointed it out I see what you mean I guess those myriad of themes never bothered me. I understand what you mean and I agree PP, should change to be a bit more cohesive. Perhaps change Route 66 to PCH highway? Not a difficult task. Rename Burger Invasion to Dudes burger joint to make it seem like Dukes at Huntington Beach. The Orange Stinger has always aluded me even to this day. I like it structurely but it really doesnt fit. Convert the bees to... I am stuck on that one actually.
    I'd actually be happy with the liberal use of a wrecking ball on almost everything between Pizza Oom Mow Mow and Golden Dreams.

• What have I done?

Well I agree with you on that one actually except please include Golden Dreams though I must admit I have never seen it... thats a topic for another thread I believe.
    Anyways my ideas were just soem quick temporary fixes becuase I am not sure anything major is going to occur for a while with DCA.

"This guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Well I agree with you on that one actually except please include Golden Dreams though I must admit I have never seen it... thats a topic for another thread I believe.
    Anyways my ideas were just soem quick temporary fixes becuase I am not sure anything major is going to occur for a while with DCA.
    I love Golden Dreams, actually, and I think it is essential to the D.C.A. experience. I also think Pizza Oom Mow Mow works. However, Mulholland Madness needs to be removed, as does Corn Dog Castle and Dinosaur Jack's Sunglass Shack.

Jumpin' Jellyfish had the potential to be interesting, but its visual design is just so ugly.

Burger Invasion is bad; however, I would be in favor of something like "Mr. Speedee's Golden Arches, hosted by McDonald's" since the global resturant chain started in California near Route 66 in the 1950's.

I'm indifferent to the S.S. 'Rustworthy, but the Orange Stinger must be removed. There are too many carnival-style attractions in Paradise Pier, anyway. And, guests know when they are being fed filler.

have you guys seen it lately? Nothing like tose pictures, just thought i'd let you know.

PP could use a couple more attractions...but then it would throw off the authenticity of the area...heh i love it
    "And really bad eggs..."
    "permancer centavos porfavor" (yeah i say it every time i ride it!!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12