Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

for people who went to the premiere....

i know im kinda late lol but when you went, what time did you get in line before the park opened? where was your spot for the red carpet? and how fast did the "front row" spots (im talking about the spots more towards the beginning of the red carpet, before the end of main street, not past it) for the red carpet fill up?

just curious

• Neep meep beep

Re: for people who went to the premiere....

And for those of you present this year, considering the crowds, the wait, and that half the park closed really early ... was it worth it? What would you recommend to those considering going NEXT YEAR for the Pirates 3 premiere?

haha ya im one of those ppl also that want to go next year lol my moms like what if they dont have one in disneyland for the third one and i was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? OF COURSE THEY WILL!" lol im not going to get to go though cuz my mom said no and i have school which my mom will defenitely not let me miss which is too bad but you never know, she could change her mind (slim to none chance, but still)

• "Always On The Move..."

Arrived at the front gates at 5:45 a.m., entered the Park at 6:30a.m., looked around and took the "Last" places in front of the barriers at 6:35 a.m. Right in front of City Hall with bathrooms available, Emporium right there and an absolutely, completely and totally crazy/fun group right next to the two of us (my sister and myself). (Course we did have to put up with the Mother/Son ? Spoiled 20+ Brat and I-Have-Money One-Too-Many Facelifts/dieting to the extreme and I'm not making eye contact with anyone but this kid whom Im just looking at like Im lusting after..woman.(ok..they were sorta creepy/friendly together..but not going there..nope nope nope) Who staked out a HUGE blanket for just them two..(the entire group that we merged with were just ..."EWWWWWWW") lol But it did make the day go by faster with lots and lots of sick, evil twisted joking and "nudge nudge say no more say no more jokes )..

Anyways back on track. We all parked out with umbrellas for shade (from Emporium, PotC soft comfy blankets to lay on..from Emporium, Mister Bottles from.. you know where, and lots of comfy stuff).

The CM's and Security went above and beyond..Everyone of them, without exception was incredible and all were in the spirt of the fun. In fact the only two grumps were the two mentioned above...(and they were just obnoxious when the celebrities arrived). But again, we all just laughed and had a great time..One huge block party.

However, we all were very very impressed that the Imagineers had done so much to bring the Caribbean to us in the form of the "lovely" high humidity and heat. (Another on going joke of the day).

We did hear from some CM's that we talked to that it got down right nasty over on Main Street with people becoming way way too territorial. But, all we had was "Ewwwwww and grumpy" which thoroughly entertained our party with the guessing game of .."do they or don't they...

Was it worth it? Yup, in fact we made about 6 new friends and all decided to come back for the next one and meet in the same place.

Fun, exhausting, loads of almost non-stop laughter and got to see some people from some little pirate movie too.

Can hardly wait for the next one!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• For You!

We got to the park at about 8:30 a.m. We spent the entire day riding rides and having a blast! Then around 5:30 p.m. we wandered the red carpet - to maybe get a glimpse of some stars. We were about to leave the park, when we spotted a prime spot on the town square just across from the train station. There were 3 or 4 younger girls standing at the railing and no one behind them. So, we were right at the front of the red carpet and were able to see everything. But, I'm sure we were just lucky.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    But, I'm sure we were just lucky.
    That you were!!! Right On!!
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

I actually got in line to enter the park right at 6:25, and my daughter and I got a spot right across from City Hall at about 6:35. Most of the "front row" spots were gone by 7am near us. I actually thought our spots were bad since we weren't on Main St., but they ended up being great as we were towards the beginning of the red carpet, and all the stars stopped and gave autographs/took pics for us!!! We got really lucky and sat near the nicest group of people, I would definitely recommend doing it next year!

• Neep meep beep

It appears, from the reports we had on Micechat, that it was more advantageous to be near the beginning of the red carpet, rather than the end. More stars seemed to spend time at the beginning, near town square, and then hurry or be rushed when they finally got to the end of Main street.

o thx for all the info you guys! i told my mom that if we went that i wouldve gotten in line at 5 and ditched her as soon as we entered to go find a spot asap lol. too bad the 3rd premiere will be during school (movie comes out may 25 and i get out of school may 24, if only it was like a month later since they have the premiere around 2 weeks before the release date) if it wasnt during school, i would find any way i could just to go. lol. ive been talking so much about pirates for the past week that my family, especially my mom, are getting annoyed and cant believe how obsessed i am about pirates lol. im glad to know that i can talk about it on here and not seem as crazy

Quote Originally Posted by idrummeddownMSinDL
    o thx for all the info you guys! i told my mom that if we went that i wouldve gotten in line at 5 and ditched her as soon as we entered to go find a spot asap lol. too bad the 3rd premiere will be during school (movie comes out may 25 and i get out of school may 24, if only it was like a month later since they have the premiere around 2 weeks before the release date) if it wasnt during school, i would find any way i could just to go. lol. ive been talking so much about pirates for the past week that my family, especially my mom, are getting annoyed and cant believe how obsessed i am about pirates lol. im glad to know that i can talk about it on here and not seem as crazy
    On a serious note, I had a number of people ask me why I would want to go to this. Well, it was definetly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

So, IdrummeddownMSinDL, I think it would be great if you could go. It won't hurt to miss ONE day of school (and I'm a Special Ed Teacher..so I don't say this lightly). But you will get memories than you can carry with you for a life time. Just ask in advance for makeup work. The teacher's can do that for you. AND then you HAVE to do it!!! But, as a teacher, if I have a student that has an opporltunity to go to something like this..I tell them go do it, have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it.

Ok, there..does that help?
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch
    On a serious note, I had a number of people ask me why I would want to go to this. Well, it was definetly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

So, IdrummeddownMSinDL, I think it would be great if you could go. It won't hurt to miss ONE day of school (and I'm a Special Ed Teacher..so I don't say this lightly). But you will get memories than you can carry with you for a life time. Just ask in advance for makeup work. The teacher's can do that for you. AND then you HAVE to do it!!! But, as a teacher, if I have a student that has an opporltunity to go to something like this..I tell them go do it, have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it.

Ok, there..does that help?
    ya like my sister-in-law said the same thing (that its once in a life time) and you guys are so right! my mom is a teacher too, so she would have to miss school and we live in az so we have to pay extra for gas or plane tix but im afraid that wont happen too soon it'll be ok though, cuz i will have everyone on micechat to tell me about it! we might go to disneyland before october, so i cant complain too much about not being able to go, at least i'll get to see the ride!

Well, you know that we will be right here, giving you updates!
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

anybody have anymore info? i dont want this thread to die too fast lol

• For You!

Just remember - you're not guaranteed anything by being near the red carpet. The stars don't have to sign autographs or stop for pictures! But, if you go, just bring plenty of water, sunscreen and food!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Hey AlohaStitch, we were two of those people sitting by you -- not the ewww/grumpy ones though!! You must have posted while I was still typing earlier!! Just wanted to say thanks for such a fun day--we were worried that there would be a lot of really rude crabby people and it would be a nightmare, but the waiting was part of the fun! Well, anyway, thanks again and see you guys next year!! Nicole & Corina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast