• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quick & Fun Trip Report

After spending a couple of days in San Diego, Vic and I decided to drop into Disneyland on the way home. It was well worth it!

We got to the park around noon and the lines weren't bad. A band was playing in front of the opera house. We headed straight for POTC. There were a few rope switchbacks outside, but the lines moved very quickly and soon we were inside. I won't give out any spoilers so don't worry. When we reached the loading area, we were given row 1 to ourselves! What a great way to see the new attraction for the first time. I will say, I was impressed! The sound system is fabulous. The new stuff is, in my opinion, a PLUS to the ride. Those who appreciate the "classic" POTC are not going to be disappointed nor will those who expect more of a connection to the film. Disney did it right. I loved it!

It was a hot day and the wait for Splash Mountain was about 45 minutes. At about 1pm, the FastPasses were for a 9pm return! We opted for another way to cool down: the canoes. All you have to do is sit behind an incompetent rower (almost everyone is!) and you'll get plenty wet.

Over in Tomorrowland, BLAB was a walk-on because a parade was going on. We both managed level 4. Got some VMK booty and went into Innoventions. (Normally, we wouldn't do this, but there was a question about a VMK thing so we went inside to log-on and get a bar code.) While in Innoventions, we got tickets to see Asimo later.

NOTE: The gift shop by Autopia has the most amazingly dense and Deeee-licious peanut butter cookies in the known universe! These 4 oz. beauties are pure peanut butter goodness. Wowza!!!

We wandered over to Fantasyland just to look around. Vic got a copy of her family crest and I bought some ears. Then back over to TL to see ASIMO. On the way, we stopped at the "secret" restroom behind the Plaza Inn. While I was waiting for Vic, a "guest" came wandering out of the backstage area. My first thoughts: "What was he doing back there? and If he can go back there, so am I!" Then I noticed he had a large shoulder back and his hand was inside it. "Ba-Doing!" Suddendly, I got it. Sure enough... in a few seconds PUSH can out from backstage.

Soon Vic emerged and we chased PUSH and his handler to TL. It was fun, now that we knew who to watch, to observe both PUSH and his handler.

ASIMO is fascinating. The "show" is pure cheese and, frankly, annoying. The whole, "Oh, hey! Welcome to my home. I want you to meet my friend ASIMO. Isn't he cute?" bit is lame to the max. I'd rather have some guy in a white lab coat tell me about ASIMO. It was like a show for kindergarteners.

After ASIMO, we found "Stitch's Video Phone." This is great! Using technology similar to "Turtle Talk With Crush" you call Stitch on the phone and talk to him. This is so totally fun and apparently no one even knows about it. Nobody was lining up to do it and the CM's seemed greatful that we wanted to do it. If you're ever at Disneyland... get into Innovations and find this. You'll not only love it, Stitch will take your picture and give it to you FREE! (You get a code and log on to http://stitch.go.com

A really fun "All-American College Band" was playing at Tomorrowland Terrace and we (and a few hundred others) had great fun listening to them play and watching them strut and dance. Great fun!

Finally, we bailed over to DCA. It was busy today. I wanted to see the Animation Academy to get some VMK cards. We had about 30 minutes to kill before the next show so we toured the park just to look. California Screamin' was down... again. One train was halfway up the first slope but stopped. Another train was near the end of the ride and also stopped. CMs were helping people off the ride. Don't know what happened.

Back to the Animation Academy. Oh my! This is so much fun! The old show was a bit of a snore, but this new one is great! Everyone gets a large paper pad and a pencil, then a Disney artist teaches you how to draw Goofy. We had a ball! I'm no artist, but following the directions, here's my Goofy:

Not perfect but... hey... not bad!

Finally, it was off to the Uva Bar for some food and refreshment. It was a magical day!

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• DisneylandDan

Re: Quick & Fun Trip Report

sounds like another great day at DLR

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• I was deleted.

Awesome TC! Great photos too! Glad you and Vic had fun. Now if only you would've found your way into the Club for refreshments instead of the Uva Bar? Next time, right?

• Island Paradise

Sounds like a terrific day!

• For You!

Fun Fun!!! Stitch is really cute!!! Did he show you his scratch and sniff?? Glad you had a good time!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!