Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Radiator Springs Idea in DCA

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Yeah, then what would you do with Grizzley River Run and its peak, Paradise Pier, and "it's a bug's land?" And knowing Disney, they will not destroy any of it.
    The answer to your question is here

Now just reposition some of the Route 66 elements that were ripped out in Phase II, move them to the Timon Lot along with a gigantic "layered" show building (Pirates style) housing the Cars attractions, fantastic nighttime Radiator Springs area (think Mexico at Epcot for what I have in mind) and Flo's Diner, with a nicely-themed Cars-esque outside area as well, featuring the Cozy Cone meet and greets, the Piston Cup Winner's Circle, etc.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• cast member

Angry Re: Radiator Springs Idea in DCA

What you might have to do is include more kiddy rides into your area. Kids love cars too, but a Test Track style ride would not be for them. I thing that the talking car theme is ideal for kids. A ride that had interactive cars that too the kids on a slow tour of Radiator Springs would be a fun family centric ride.[/quote]

i have been on test track in florida and it is the best. If you could use it with the cars tie in then it would be great (i loved cars) but we need ride like that here in california.

test track is cool but instead of entering a test facility it would be better to see a pit area before you get on the ride. then u enter the car in the pits. as you pull out you stop at the starting line then the green light flashes and you go 0-60 in 2.something secs. like a race you go into turn 1 then 2 then 3 and 4 but nstead of winning the race you get skid and you crash(not really) as you are "crashing" everhing goes black. then you enter into radiater springs there u meet ever one and then u pick up speed and then u enter the pits again and the ride is over.

this ride would be in the tomon and puma parking lot. it would go along for the radidater springs in where a bugs land is.
    cant wait for whats to come in the next few years www.starwars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Route 66 went from Los Angeles, California to Chicago, Illinois.

Radiator Springs does NOT seem to be in California. For one thing, they show a map at the end which places it out farther than California.
    Route 66 was used by people coming to California, so there is your California tie in. Put Radiator Springs out in the Timon parking area with a pathway (Route 66) to get there.

Or another thought I just had, is to put Radiator Springs between DL and DCA (from autopia to Hollywood) then make it one way, so you would have start in DL, travel thru Radiator Springs and exit in DCA. This would help move more people into DCA. lol

oh by the way. Hi there, my name is Brian.

• insufferable know-it-all

(crowd: "Hi Brian")

I don't like the one-way concept, but your justification of the tie-in is pretty spot on.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by aDisneyFan
    Route 66 was used by people coming to California, so there is your California tie in. Put Radiator Springs out in the Timon parking area with a pathway (Route 66) to get there.

Or another thought I just had, is to put Radiator Springs between DL and DCA (from autopia to Hollywood) then make it one way, so you would have start in DL, travel thru Radiator Springs and exit in DCA. This would help move more people into DCA. lol

oh by the way. Hi there, my name is Brian.
    cool idea, just a nightmare (I know there was a LOL afterwards):
    1. they'd have to tunnel all that way
    2. people boarding would have to have hopper passes
    but it would be a cool way to get from park to park (after all, park hopping is better...to much time in DCA isn't my thing. It's nice to get a taste once in awhile..but not tot spend my day)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    'A Bugs Land' has always made me wonder. of ALL of the Disney/Pixar films, "A Bugs life" has to be the least popular yet it has its own land.

I suppose that is what makes DCA the brilliant success that it is.
    That at Finding Nemo are actually my favorite Pixar films. My least favorite being either Cars or Monsters Inc.

(Note: see how I said least favorite, meaning I still do enjoy these films. So don't go crazy on me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    The Disney's California Adventure theme simply HAS to go. It'd redundent and bland. Something on the order of Disney-Pixar Studios would relate more to what it is becoming. Plus, this them would be much more of a national and multi-national draw. After all, California is where Disney and it's Pixar division each make their movies, by and large.
    I don't think the california theme is all that bland at all. Knotts did a fairly good job with it considering not being "Disney."

California has tons of cool visuals. Moutains, oceans, arts and crafts style, spanish style, old west roots, movies, etc etc etc. Just because your park is grounded in a real place, doesn't mean the rides need to be presented in a non-fiction fation. Some ideas to think about:

What state has been known for many Bigfoot sightings?
    Where did the Spanish Conquistadors search for the lost city of El Dorado?
    Where did "The Big One" occur?
    How many myths and legends have been brought here from all the migrants (chineese, mexican, japaneese, and the native americans)
    What state saw the largest rush of people, people of all different races and classes and backgrounds?

All of these questions lead to ideas for many different styles of creative rides. Very simple ideas that are nowhere to be found in DCA. I can't believe they don't even have something about the Gold Rush. What DCA lacks is creativy, not a good theme.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234