Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A Pirate's Life for Me

Radiator Springs Idea in DCA

OK, here's my updated idea for Radiator Springs based on DCA:

It would be located where "a bug's land" is currently and take up some of the Timon Parking Lot. It would look like it was before it became stranded
    Attractions
    Route 66 Springout- based on the ride at the new Toon Studios in Paris
    Welcome to Radiator Springs, a sleepy, one-horse-power town that’s about to be woken up. So fuel-up for fun and get in gear to join this engine-roaring rally on the dusty desert track of Route 66 - you just know it’s going to be a gas!
    Race Rally- E-Ticket- like Epcot's Test Track
    Enter the hair-raising world of auto racing on one of the longest, fastest rides in Disney history! Strap yourself in as you rush onto 50-degree banked curves at 60 miles an hour with Lightning McQueen to win the Dinoco 500.

Edit:
    Based on JiminyCricketFan's feedback
    Cars Meet and Greet at the Cozy Cone Motel
    Cars from the movie including Mater, Lightning McQueen, and Sally would be there, but talk with the kids
    Car Wash Water Play Area

Radiator Springs Dark Ride
    Get in a car from the movie as they go through movie scenes and talk to you.

Courthouse History of Radiator Springs
    Have Doc tell you the history of Radiator Springs.

Edit:
    Based on Morrigoon's ideas
    Move Autopia over here from Tomorrowland, and using electric vehicles, and place them IN s show building. They could create a nighttime Radiator Srings environment, allowing them to bring in all the neon kitsch of the film. They could even place Flo's V-8 cafe inside the show building (Blue Bayou style) with the attraction taking place around it!

Dining
    Luigi’s Casa Della Tires
    Luigi’s serves up classic Italian food including pasta, pizza, and more!
    Flo’s V8 Café
    Flo serves up American cuisine including French fries, hamburgers, chicken, and ice cream at her roadside café. A pull up diner in which the servers rollerskate to your car, place the tray on your window, and you dine in style..... (thanks WatchYourHeadNStep)

Shopping
    Lizzie’s Curio Shop
    Lizzie’s sells all kinds of souvenirs from your visit to Radiator Springs and Disney’s California Adventure.

Anybody have any other ideas?
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by pieces_of_eight; 06-30-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Blackbird sitting in the dead of night
    Take these broken sings and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds -- The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

• Closed Account

Re: Radiator Springs Idea in DCA

It would truly fit in with the Pixar's California Adventure theme!

• The one, the only...

I think you have some good ideas. Certainly you have done a good job using the themes from the movie. I do see that their might be some need for improvement. Bug's Life was an area that was designed to put more kid friendly attractions. If you take that out, it changes DCA's proportion of kiddy rides. I don't like bugs land, because the rides are uninspired and have a "cheap" feeling.

What you might have to do is include more kiddy rides into your area. Kids love cars too, but a Test Track style ride would not be for them. I thing that the talking car theme is ideal for kids. A ride that had interactive cars that too the kids on a slow tour of Radiator Springs would be a fun family centric ride.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Master of Disaster

they used to have KITT from knight rider at universal studios that kids could stop and talk to. perhaps having actual cars from the movie sitting there talking to kids would be a good idea.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I like your ideas a lot, I would add dark ride, something kid friendly, maybe a fun interactive way of telling the history of radiator springs? Like in the movie? Would radiator springs look like it did before it became stranded? or would it look rundown again?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• insufferable know-it-all

Po8: What a great concept! Here are my variations:

Instead of taking up Bug's Land, put it behind that area, but still using the Timon lot (access from ToT area, I guess, and probably run a passage over to the farm area if possible).

Move Autopia over there, and much like was done for the subs, have the Cars-themed Autopia take place on top of a show building. Wait, better yet, use electric vehicles, and place them IN the show building. They could create a nighttime Radiator Srings environment, allowing them to bring in all the neon kitsch of the film. They could even place Flo's V-8 cafe inside the show building (Blue Bayou style) with the attraction takig place around it!

Actually, I just realized something: Route66 is already represented in DCA over by the mad mouse coaster. So rip out Mulholland Madness, and put this all there, where it's already in a themed area!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

^^ I agree. they need to either rip out Mulholland madness or give it a severe "Cars" retheming

• A Pirate's Life for Me

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Actually, I just realized something: Route66 is already represented in DCA over by the mad mouse coaster. So rip out Mulholland Madness, and put this all there, where it's already in a themed area!
    I was thinking of this, but there isn't enough room over there to add all of this stuff.
    Maybe move Dinosaur Jack and the other Route 66 stuff over in this new land?
    Blackbird sitting in the dead of night
    Take these broken sings and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds -- The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

• Closed Account

How about an old fashioned Route 66 pull up diner in which the servers rollerskate to your car, place the tray on your window, and you dine in style.....

Or better yet an old Route 66 diner like Mel's Diner?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by pieces_of_eight
    I was thinking of this, but there isn't enough room over there to add all of this stuff.
    Maybe move Dinosaur Jack and the other Route 66 stuff over in this new land?
    Cars Land! I can see it now!

i really like the idea of the diner. have the people sit in cars inside the diner or even have it be outside...the cars can be interactive with the people in the cars. the servers rollerskate around. i like it, it seems disney to me ok lets do it, ready...break!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Nice work, pieces_of_eight. The Race Rally - Test Trackish E-Ticket is the main ride that would excite and induce families to come to Cars Land. Although smaller kids might not meet the height requirements, the rest of your ideas would be right down their alley. The Timon parking lot is the perfect place for the land, as Disney has already been considering that property for either a Cars or an Incredibles E-Ticket.

Reducing or removing A Bugs Land is out of the question. If anything, I'd like to see Heimlich's Chew Chew Train expanded and speeded up - more on the order of Casey, Jr. Perhaps other land could be used to expand into, even if Disney needed to buy up property across the street currently occupied by hotels and stores. I think they will eventually one day, anyway.

Your interactive concepts would be real kid pleasers. I really like the Radiater Springs dark ride, the Cars Meet and Greet At the Cozy Cone Hotel, and the Courthouse History of Radiator Springs - with Doc. The Paris based Route 66 Springout would use trackless technology - thereby an awesome blast for everyone. Kids and parents could enjoy it together.

Your restaurant ideas sound like they would be well themed. In fact, they are making me hungry. One other thing, Mulholand Madness is rumored to be replaced by Turtle Twister - a mad mouse type coaster / dark ride (Disneyland, Paris). Again, I love your concepts that you have presented in a very thought provoking and interesting manner.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

If they do this, they just need to change the theme of the park to Pixar. That'd be fine with me, they just need to commit to it or any theme. You could retheme GRR for a woody ride, California screamin could be painted blue and covered with giant coral to be a wild ride throught the EOC. The only thing that couldn't really change would be Tower of Terror.

• The one, the only...

One more concept...

Think in terms of layers. Walt Disney did not just think two dimensionally but three! In my "E-Ticket" magazine, it has a story on the old Pack Mules. In there it shows how Walt layered the Frontierland so that the Wilderness Train, Stage Coach and Mule Ride were on three different levels. They all saw each other, but did not come in contact. Also notice how Tomorrowland had three levels, the Monorail, Peoplemover, and then the Subs. (Notice how Walt worked in threes!) Laying rides not only uses space more efficiently but it also adds visual appeal. DCA needs more visual excitement, but the designers only laid out things two dimensionally. Very few things are set above or below to look at. Because of that DCA feels very FLAT!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

im sorry MM is a ride that isnt drawn up terribly well...looks like it was put together in a rush...coulda use the real estate a bit better heh other than that 66 is fine :-P IMO

great suggestions...disney should hire you
    Last edited by thereg; 06-30-2006 at 11:41 PM.
    "And really bad eggs..."
    "permancer centavos porfavor" (yeah i say it every time i ride it!!!)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast