Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

May 5th - How Early Can We Get There?

To any CMs or other people in the "know" -

I plan on being one of the first in line at the gates for May 5th, even if it means being there before sunrise. How early will they allow us to do so? And how early will the M&F parking structure open? I can even take resort transit from home if needed. My goal is to be there by 05:05 on 05/05.

(Yeah, I'm nuts - but, most people already know that. Heh. )

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I plan on leaving my house as early as I can on the 5th so I miss all the traffic on the 91. I wonder about the structure too.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    I plan on leaving my house as early as I can on the 5th so I miss all the traffic on the 91. I wonder about the structure too.
    If we get there before you, please come join us in line!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I certainly will! I am always up for conversations with adults that aren't interrupted every five seconds.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Puppy Cuddles

That's a good question. I had planned to get there super duper early. I hadn't thought of the parking structure not being open. I'm currently trying to get throught o guest relations to ask about the AP May 4th thing, and I'll ask them about that too.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Puppy Cuddles

Okay, I just got off the phone and the parking structure will open at 7 o'clock...an hour before early entry starts at eight. Boo on them. I was really hoping to get there earlier.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I live in Bakersfield and plan on being there on 5/5 but... Since I live in Bakersfield and all, I cant really get there as early as I'd like. My group plans on leaving town around 5 am... but I don't know if that will be early enough.
    Disneyland.com says the park opens at 9 a.m. and I anticipate getting to Anaheim around 8...

Are you guys anticipating huge lines? What should I expect?

Considering its a Thursday in the off-season... but also remembering that the public has gotten a lot of hype from Disney over this date ... What do you guys think? Should I considering urging my group to go down the night before and staying the night somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Okay, I just got off the phone and the parking structure will open at 7 o'clock...an hour before early entry starts at eight. Boo on them. I was really hoping to get there earlier.
    Hmmm. Sounds like I'll be taking resort transit then, or if they don't run that early, then walking wouldn't be that bad. (I just wouldn't want to hoof it home after the long day.) I'm really adamant about the 05:05 time.

• Puppy Cuddles

Considering I live ten miles away, and I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that *we* need to leave at 5am, I would be all for convincing my friends to stay the night. Again, considering it's a Thursday, off property hotel rates are going to be pretty good. Considering I only talk to people on this board about the 50th, I have no room to judge how "normal" people are going to react to the 50th. I think it's going to be crazy enough that they might have to turn people away to DCA at some point. Honestly though, by nine, I don't think you'll have any problems.

You guys I am soo excited!!!! I can't wait but my friends are flippin out thinking that crowds are going to be too outrageous on that day. Friend has a friend who works at DL and he says that they are anticipating people attempting to camp out the night before! I don't know if it will be allowed but can you imagine??? I don't plan on riding that many rides that day if any, I really just want to see the parade and the new show replacing GM w Mr. Lincoln. We've decided on those two things and since we've already got lunch reservations at BB, we might just leave after that and either come back that night for fireworks, or come back another day.

What is everyone else doing? Do you guys have an agenda?
    Last edited by CinderellaPrincess; 04-19-2005 at 05:20 PM.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Banned User

I just want to be there for the castle unveiling, Parade of Dreams, Remember, and the new 50 Magical Years exhibit. I dont mind the crowds. I too, however, want to know what time to be there. I am coming from Glendale and will need to take the 5. Maybe I'll leave around 7 and get there about 8, 8:30??

We're leaving at 5am but i'm coming from Riverside County so I know traffic will be bad anyways!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

For those who already know my honey and me in person, you're welcome to stay at our place the night before. (I'd extend the offer to complete strangers too, but that might make things a bit awkward.

We are in the Grand Californian from the 3rd to like the 8th or so depending on when we want to leave and I dont care if i have to be in line overnight. What time are they letting people to wait in downtown disney and so on?
    ----Groups M and M and N and O and A and A and BLUE and B and H and P and C, PARADE OF THE STARS count, 11

------------FANTASMIC!

-Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Parade of the stars
    What time are they letting people to wait in downtown disney and so on?
    Oooh yeah! I'm all for camping on the Esplanade, if allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast