Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When wil there be the next Indy/Pirates/Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain?

I'm not dissaproving any of the changes Disneyland has been making lately, but when are we going to see the next E ticket AAA attraction?

The last one I can think of is Tower of Terror, but beofre that there is a long gap. How long is it going to be before it happens again?

Is it a matter of land? Time? Money? Theming?

I'm sure they can think of something.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: When wil there be the next Indy/Pirates/Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain?

Midway Mania seems to qualify based on Al's description, but as for DL proper, unless you count the Nemo Subs...

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• FastPass n00b

Re: When wil there be the next Indy/Pirates/Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain?

Hmmm, I think the current management is so busy cleaning up the previous management's mess and getting Disneyland back on track, not to mention the frantic pace of trying to get the 50th on track and rolling, there really hasn't been time to plan a major ride. I think after Tomorrowland starts to be able to stand on its own 2 feet and the nagging problems that have plagued Disneyland for years settle down, then we'll see Greg Emmer and Ouimet sit down and figure out how they can spend $100 million.

There is still so much more work to do, but look at how far we've come. No SAP abuse, no more ride vehicles sitting unused in the back with 2-hour lines, cleaning crews, themed trash cans and costumes, light bulbs that aren't burnt out, plussing of almost every sizeable attraction, painting, restaurant upgrades, a white Space Mountain, new smaller trees more in proportion to Disneyland's scale, sponsorships returning, dead space being utilized, a new and more appropriate color scheme for Tomorrowland, and so much more...and that's just in the past 3 years!

With John Lasseter on the WDI team, there is no doubt at all in my mind that the next Indiana Jones/Splash Mountain is coming down the pike. After all, unlike Mett Ouimet, who answers to Jay Rasulo, Lasseter answers directly to Iger who controls the purse strings. The ride will just be coming a little later because Disneyland has such deeply rooted problems, even after Ouimet and Greg Emmer have cleaned up so much.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 07-01-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Hmmm, I think the current management is so busy cleaning up the previous management's mess and getting Disneyland back on track, not to mention the frantic pace of trying to get the 50th on track and rolling, there really hasn't been time to plan a major ride. I think after Tomorrowland starts to be able to stand on its own 2 feet and the nagging problems that have plagued Disneyland for years settle down, then we'll see Greg Emmer and Ouimet sit down and figure out how they can spend $100 million.

There is still so much more work to do, but look at how far we've come. No SAP abuse, no more ride vehicles sitting unused in the back with 2-hour lines, cleaning crews, themed trash cans and costumes, light bulbs that aren't burnt out, plussing of almost every sizeable attraction, painting, restaurant upgrades, a white Space Mountain, new smaller trees more in proportion to Disneyland's scale, sponsorships returning, dead space being utilized, a new and more appropriate color scheme for Tomorrowland, and so much more...and that's just in the past 3 years!

With John Lasseter on the WDI team, there is no doubt at all in my mind that the next Indiana Jones/Splash Mountain is coming down the pike. After all, unlike Mett Ouimet, who answers to Jay Rasulo, Lasseter answers directly to Iger who controls the purse strings. The ride will just be coming a little later because Disneyland has such deeply rooted problems, even after Ouimet and Greg Emmer have cleaned up so much.
    That I have to agree with.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Great post!

Yeah, it's more important that what was trashed gets fixed first, but I'm sure a new E-ticket will be in the works fairly soon.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

I agree great post Athlonacon.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyForever
    I agree great post Athlonacon.
    i'm going to agree with you agreeing with everyone else agreeing on the good post... does that make sense??

anyway , i'm going to say NEMO for the next big E-Ticket attraction , if they are predicting lines down mainstreet then i think i'ts fair to say ,

My Maleficent tattoo

• Having a Grand Day!

Space Mountain and IASW becoming white again was Cynthia Harris doing, not Matt Ouimet.

• The one, the only...

Lasseter has actually indicated that the next ride after Subs would be in the current Grand Canyon Diorama building. That would be converted to another new ride. That will probably be after Subs.

Looking into the future, I see two possible sites for another new attraction. One is still cleaning up from that last Disneyland administration. That is where Pooh is now. That ride was designed to sell Pooh merchandise and set a meet and greet for Pooh. I think it is a disaster. I believe that ride could be taken out and provide another spot for an E ticket. Maybe based on a Frontierland theme.

The second site is where the current Innoventions is. That building was originally designed for the Carousel of Progress. Then it was used for America Sings. Now it is not used well for innoventions. I think that they have gotten their money's worth out of the building and it is time to build a new ride there.

If Disney is willing to spend a little money, there are three sites. The problem is that Disney has had a very tight purse since 1994. It is far easier to kill a ride concept than it is to get it built. There are a dozen executives arguing not to spend the money for every one that wants to.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quimet and Emmer have a big hole to dig their way out of. After that, I can see them getting some money made available to start fixing some of the more substantial problems.

And with Iger and Lasseter in charge, I believe it will happen far more readily than under Eisner. There are some things that simply can't be done "on the cheap" - people can tell.

DCA needs more shade, more C and D-tickets, and some of the existing offerings like Heimlich's need to be plussed and polished.

Disneyland needs some work too. After getting the Nemo Subs up and a full rehab and new destination films for Star Tours, they really need another D, too. Getting the Keelboats back up would be a good start.

And Tomorrowland is quickly becoming Yesterland again, they need to either rethink or remove Innoventions. Find a use for the Motorboat Cruise area, and either do something with the Rocket Rods track or remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Space Mountain and IASW becoming white again was Cynthia Harris doing, not Matt Ouimet.
    No, I bet Facilities drove that decision. It's a roof, and there are several reasons why white is better.

First, you have to paint and match patches on that colored surface, and having all the leaks and patches and damaged spots touched up by hand and color-matched to look good had to cost them a small fortune. They had to do some sort of stippling or rag-rolling process with multiple color coats of paint to get that effect.

Use white elastomeric roof coating from a factory filled bucket, and as long as you stick with the same brand and they keep the color formula consistant you're done. No painters to come around afterward and paint over the patched area. and no big white areas while they're waiting for the painters to come do the finishing work. And they're Union Painters, of course they get paid well.

And plain white is much bettter for heat control, it will reflect away a lot more of the solar energy, rather than soak it into the roof and make the AC system deal with it. Probably cut the energy costs of cooling the building 10% when they went back to white.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• decorating

in my two cents, if you're looking for something big lke another roller coaster, what would you be willing to get rid of? Because room is scarce in Disneyland. DCA has more room to grow

• Banned User

After Nemo, I don't expect much.

• Minion

This is years away...it seems they are moving slow but watching what they step in. I just can not see anything huge going into DL without them pulling something out. Really think about it, you will have to remove something to get a real E ticket attraction in to DL. Even if you brought back PM or the SKY BUCKETS those were not E tickets. THose would be easier to bring back then bring in a huge E ticket. The only way they could do this with out removing anything they would have to really shrink backstage areas. They have a better chance doing something over at DCA. There still is a lot of room over there. ON a side note you anything you put in that is film or uses 3-D glasses is a HUGE mistake. I always felt these only have a shelf life of about 5 years and then they are empty. These are always a waste of space and money. Give us motion, huge sets, lots of AA's and some water. WAIT! Thats Pirates, oh well they dont build them like they did.
    Jason

Big Thunder Ranch, perhaps?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast