Thread: The Phone Room

• Minion

The Phone Room

Where is the Phone Room at DL? It is behind City Hall. This is where all the calls come into DL. A long time ago it was started as the DL operator. Now they have about 6 CM's that sit there a take calls all day long. Talk about a place that is really understaffed. No one wants to sit there on a full shift and take calls about some of the most outragous questions. I guess you could call it the information line. You can not even mute the call. The funny thing is, it is always the same ten APer's that call in every day. Now comes the punch line there is one guest that calls in every day on stuff that he or she reads about DL on Mice Chat to find out if it is true. No I am not the one who calls in!
    Jason

• Disneyland 1st, then food

Re: The Phone Room

I thought you referring to those cool little booths they use to have where you could call someone and be on speaker phone. It used to be such a thrill for my brothers and sisters to do that!! They were located where the buzz lightyear store is now!

Quote Originally Posted by luvindsnylnd
    I thought you referring to those cool little booths they use to have where you could call someone and be on speaker phone. It used to be such a thrill for my brothers and sisters to do that!! They were located where the buzz lightyear store is now!
    LOL That's what I thought too! Funny how that was such a big deal just 20-some years ago.

Yeah, it was a big deal. As I remember it was decorated in really bright 60's colors and there were phones around the walls were you could talk to the characters. Fun stuff.

• Freshman Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvindsnylnd
    I was just thinking about those. There used to be a little kiosk there as well, where one could vote for "Person of the Century." To be announced in the year 2000. I am still waiting for the press conference for that one...maybe they're still tallying up the votes, or a recount was demanded.

• Banned User

Wink Re: The Phone Room

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyle
    I was just thinking about those. There used to be a little kiosk there as well, where one could vote for "Person of the Century." To be announced in the year 2000. I am still waiting for the press conference for that one...maybe they're still tallying up the votes, or a recount was demanded.
    DL has person of the centry too... I know in epcot they had it in communicore, but removed it quickly and silently in the early 90s... it never returned and we dont know who won... a CM or a human... or a joke.. lol