Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

What shall we buy from MM?

I'm sure we've all heard that Magic Mountain is on the verge of closing down, selling the rides, and developing the land into more ultra high-priced LA homes. Seems like a great opportunity for DL to get a few rides at low fire-sale prices. Which ones should we make a run at?

Personally, I think it's gotta be Gold Rush. It's another California classic, and it'll go perfectly with the DCA theme. It might just be the thing to save the park. heh

• I love my family!

Re: What shall we buy from MM?

Nothing at MM is good enough for DL and most rides like GoldRusher are terrain coasters that wont work anywhere else anyway.

• Disneyland is your land.

They should buy Goliath. I think that'll look good to see behind the castle or over in Paradise Pier (HAHA).

In reality I don't think they will end up selling the park. Taking a teenage hang out place and turning into a family destination certaintly does not happen over night. (Supposedly I heard if you slap Disney on something that means it family friendly and full of fun!)

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

We wants the redhead, we wants the redhead!

Oh...Magic Mountain...hrmm...Nothing.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Please... nothing at all. Let the other parks buy it up.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

I would like a diet pepsi.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I would LIKE to think that the Disney imagineers could come with coasters and rides that are more interesting than what you would find at MM. That, along with Disney's new track record with accidental deaths, would seem like it sould keep the monster coasters out of DLR parks for quite awhile.

BTW - The Goldrush, IMO, is a pile of dung. Any coaster that jars your fillings loose and leaves you in need of a neck brace hasn't really been designed properly. Unless, of course, that is the effect that they are going for.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

what I would like DL to get from MM is the parking lot, They would have to clear out a few things at DCA to fit it in, but it could be done.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Circle of Ancients

Absolutely nothing from SFMM should/could go anywhere near Disneyland.

I'm sorry but this rumor is ridiculous. How could Magic Mountain close now of all times. It is the roller coaster capital of the world, they JUST opened their new roller coaster, Tatsu. With the way they keep advertising the ride, like they've always done with any new thrill ride over there, I don't see how this rumor got started. If the park is going to close, then why waste all that money building a brand new rolller coaster only to have it destroyed less then a year later. There's no way Magic Mountain would close, not when it's been doing so well lately.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I'm sorry to say it's not just a "Rumor".

Look in the news section, I have posted at least five articles regarding this and the "Other Parks" section has alot posted regarding this. It's not just a Rumor, this came from the CEO of Six Flags.

• Banned User

Buy X or Tatsu. Simply the best.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

they JUST opened their new roller coaster, Tatsu
    I have one word for you...

Opryland

They had opened a new coaster the year they ended up closing down. Now it's a big outlet mall.

• rebmeM roinuJ

i kinda like MM. i'll never ever ever ever say its anywhere close to disneyland (i think lots of us could agree). but that was the first amusement park i ever went too. six flags is great for lots of coasters, but in the end i'd rather sacrafice a couple coasters for the entire surrounding experience in disneyland.

yesterday i drove by this Miniature golf course which also had a couple small "rides". and after looking at it for just a little minute i figured out why it looked so uninteresting. the only thing seperating this little place from the street and dead grass outside was a chain link fence. the thing i love about disneyland is that it completely creates its ownnew atmosphere and makes sure its like nothing on the outside. for some reason that makes a HUGE impact on the feel of the park.

i kinda got off topic there, sorry, but thats what came into my head.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM
    Nothing at MM is good enough for DL and most rides like GoldRusher are terrain coasters that wont work anywhere else anyway.
    My thoughts exactly.

I personally think Disney should just buy the real estate and build that water park they've been thinking about for California there. Better than building it in Long Beach-here it's terribly hot.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast