Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Why do we go.....

This thread is not intended to start debates... every answer in it will be correct.

Why Do We Go To Disneyland?
    What compells us?

Is it a better place than the real world? Are we running from something? Are we searching for lost youth? Are we looking for love? Are we needing to hide? Does it remind you of something you have lost?

Thanks.. I look forward to the responces.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Why do we go.....

Why do I visit Disneyland?
    Well, I'll answer your questions...

Is it a better place than the real world? Absolutely. Disneyland lets me escape the world, my worries, problems, school work, family drama, boredom, and everything else.

Are we running from something? Who isn't running from something? I think for us who are so interested in Disneyland and those of us who visit as often as we possibly can, its a matter of running, or rather, escaping the confines of normal life, the boredom of our daily routine, the need to relieve ourselves from our work - whether it be school or a job, and the fact that the world isn't always a pretty place, but Disneyland always is.

Are we searching for lost youth? I know I always think about parts of my childhood that I can related to Disneyland when I visit. From my Mickey Mouse bedsheets, to my big over-sized photos of Mickey and friends at Disneyland and Walt Disney World on my walls, to my Mickey plush that I used to take EVERYWHERE when I was very little, to the times when I visited the parks with my family - riding Indy for the first time with my dad, anticipating the launch into Space Mountain, going on "it's a small world" with my mom because it was her favorite, being scared of the Haunted Mansion... Maybe I'm not searching for lost youth, but I sure do recall fond memories of my youth when I visit Disneyland.

Are we looking for love? I love Disneyland. But I'm certainly not looking for romance when I visit the parks.

Are we needing to hide? Hide from what? I guess from our daily routine or school or work, then maybe. It's always nice to get away from it all every now and then, and when its possible, its nice to get away from it all all the time. It makes life a better experience to have an even mix of things you must do, and things you get to do.

Does it remind you of something you have lost? Not of something I've lost, but certainly something that I've grown out of - my childhood.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Zero Blockout Dates

We go because it's FUN.
    We go because it's CLOSE.
    We go often because of the Premium Annual Pass.

Better than the "Realworld"?
    No, but a wonderful day away from it.

Hiding? No.
    Enjoying ? Oh Yeah.

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, a witch can only speak for herself, of course. But I go--mainly--to get picked up by gorgeous men. (And if that doesn't happen, I try to pick THEM up, instead.)

ORWEN: I go for the food and my friends. I mean, where else can you have the best of both worlds? Sitting around eating your way through the various restaurants. After that, I enjoy long talks with the princesses while exchanging beauty secrets with each one!

ORGOCH: Good Lord!! Whatever secrets ya got ta share, yerself, is best just KEPT secret! Anyways, I goes fer them frogs I find all over Tom Sawdust Island. Ya won't see much of me, neither, 'cause I's a private sort a cauldron gal!

• disneyland59

I like this question. I think about this question alot. When I try to answer it for myself or someone else I can't quite explain what it is about DL that makes me want to go there. But then, I think that is part of it, the idea and creation of it came together in such a unique way that it fulfills something unexplainable. Just like a book you read over or a song you never get tired of, it keeps speaking to you. I don't want to know why I just want it to be there.

We go just because its fun. It gets us away for a week no worrys just plain fun. I won't be going again for awhile now that i live in fl

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I go 'cause it's my laughin' place.

Because of the magic!
    Kungaloosh!

i go for the dole whips

• Banned User

Its entertaining.

• See Ya Real Soon!

I go because it is an escape from the real world. Just wish that it was closer, so I could go more often when I "need" it.

I go because:

It's fun.
    I've loved it ever since I can remember--my earliest memories are from about 1960.
    I have great memories of being there with family members who have since passed on.
    Once the AP has been purchased, it's relatively inexpensive year-round entertainment.
    I really do forget about the outside world for hours at a time.
    I like seeing all the animals--horses, ducks, swans, cats, working dogs wearing little Mickey ears, etc...
    It's fun.

• decorating

For me...

Simple mind, simple pleasures.

• Frozen lemonade addict!

My gf and I go to Disneyland because we choose to go. Its a fun place to be that brings back great memories from our childhood. Its also a place where we can build great memories together. Nothing spells fun like trying to beat eachother at Astro Blasters.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/

• Disneyland 1st, then food

I go to Disneyland because there is nothing like packing up the kids and sharing this amazing experience with them. Everytime we go its always a new day, a new thrill! It doesn't matter if your with your kids, the one you love, your friends, parents etc. I always get the same type of joy that I don't experience anywhere else!! For me, its an addiction, but at least its legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast