Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: I am going to break my own rule- Haunted Mansion Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider
    Much as I love NBC, I can't be the only one who just can't deal with HMH. I went last year for the first time. It was okay, but certainly a one-time thing. It just annoys me that one of my favorite attractions is either closed or in an altered format for six months out of the year. Was it really right to have two classic Disney attractions out of commission for so much of the 50th?

The original HM is really out of comission for about only 4 months.

• Banned User

^Sorry, more like 5.

• Shablagoo!

I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I had the choice to go to DIsneyland this spring or in November so I could see the overlay. I chose November. Even if it means I miss out on the 50th in its entirety. Now if they create a permanent NBX attraction somewhere else in the DLR I'm fine with ending the overlay.

HMH pretty much sucks! those irritating songs while waiting in line make me wanna kill myself and the back drop behind the loading platform is rediculous its cardboard.... oh well yet it does sell... i heard the contract between tim burton an disney was expired but i guess i was wrong! dang i love the normal haunted mansion secially with the new bride

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    ^Sorry, more like 5.
    I actually agree with Nephy on this one. I hope that this year is the last year for HMH. HM is my favorite attraction, and the fact that it is down for Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan just stinks. Oh wait, and then they have to get the lighting right, etc.etc. on the attraction and that takes at least another month before everything is working properly. And then 6 months later it all comes down again?

With all the new stuff they've been adding -- I'd like to see them continue "plussing" the Mansion. The REGULAR Mansion.

Sure the HMH thing was fun for a bit, but it is time to either a) do it for less months out of the year... it always feels funny to have it around Halloween since it is a CHRISTMAS STORY, not a Halloween story or b) end it altogether if there's going to be NOTHING NEW in the HMH attraction.

I thought Ouimet was keen on ending HMH soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• FastPass n00b

Constance will experience her first HMH makeover this year. Should be interesting what they do with her and how they will fit the holiday overlay over the new storyline.

She might not appreciate Jack Skellington horning in on her newly acquired Mansion. After all, in all the other HMH, the Mansion didn't really have a cohesive storyline or a main character. Now that Constance has moved into the Mansion, it would be kind of weird to have 2 main characters...or to have her suddenly move out for a few months.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Constance will experience her first HMH makeover this year. Should be interesting what they do with her and how they will fit the holiday overlay over the new storyline.

She might not appreciate Jack Skellington horning in on her newly acquired Mansion. After all, in all the other HMH, the Mansion didn't really have a cohesive storyline or a main character. Now that Constance has moved into the Mansion, it would be kind of weird to have 2 main characters...or to have her suddenly move out for a few months.
    Heh they've always gotten rid of everything in that scene for the giant snake and pop up toys... Maybe they'll turn her into a pumpkin head too
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Sew the Skys together.

Last year, In October, me and my family got to experience HMH for the first time. I liked it, but not as much as the "normal" HM. I really wanted to see the new floating Leota effect, but they just pet her back on the stand.

Which brings up a question. Do you think that they will remove Constance and the portraits (along with the rest of her wedding themed decor) out of the attic for the overlay?
    Who was in the kitchen with Dina?

Other names?

Bri-Own?!, Brino, Brye-Bread, Brinoquito, Brian and Brinoceros

• Original Mice-Chatter

^^yes- hence my problem.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I are not fans of Haunted Mansion Holiday. If it didn't come back, we'd be pleased.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

obviously i'm a big Nightmare fan , and my only complaint is the HMH layover is to darn BRIGHT!! , you can see the ceiling and all the scrims in the graveyard scene , otherwise. i think its aces.

are we placing bets to see if they change the projection from Constance to Sally??

it does not seem like they will have to remove her because she is so far back in the attic , but i suppose we will just have to wait an see

My Maleficent tattoo

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    obviously i'm a big Nightmare fan , and my only complaint is the HMH layover is to darn BRIGHT!! , you can see the ceiling and all the scrims in the graveyard scene , otherwise. i think its aces.

are we placing bets to see if they change the projection from Constance to Sally??

it does not seem like they will have to remove her because she is so far back in the attic , but i suppose we will just have to wait an see
    that would be cool- I always wished there was a bigger Sally- not just the little one they had at the exit. She's my favorite character.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Scary Teddy! Scary Teddy!

(He's my favorite.)

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

I don't care for it. JMO. It was cute the first time but once was enough for me.

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Minion

Wink Re: I am going to break my own rule- Haunted Mansion Holiday

At this momeny my g/f and I do not have annual passes but we intend on getting them in late september, just in time to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. She has never seen it and is a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan and I love Haunted Mansion Holiday so it will be perfect timing for both of us to get our passes at that time of year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast