Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: I am going to break my own rule- Haunted Mansion Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by alex-jmp
    For almost all amusement/theme parks the month of October is amoungst the slowest of the year, hence for many of them their Fiscial year ends on Sept. 30 (September being one of the bussiest months of the year) and beggining on Oct 1st.
    you do realize that ALL business close their fiscal years on September 30th, yes?

I don't like madame leota floating...it ruins the ambiance of the seance room...when you first turn the corner, you see a crystal ball and a chair, so you think the talking voice is sitting in the chair...then all of a sudden the chair is empty and now the crystal ball is talking to you...cool...but now the instant you're in there, you're like...oh look at that string holding that ball in the air...must be magic...and it's much too bright in there...used to be darker...boo!

i do wonder what will happen to constance...maybe jack just dresses her up...the HMH storyline is all about jack decorating the house in his halloween-christmas style...it is a question...

• Disney Gram

Last year was the first time I was able to go in November, so the first time I saw the overlay. I LOVED it. But, then I love DL during the holiday season. I will be back this year and looking forward to seeing it again. Then maybe the next summer I can see the changes to the HM. I too would like a bigger Sally....my favorite charater also!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel6000
    and it's much too bright in there...used to be darker...boo!

i do wonder what will happen to constance...maybe jack just dresses her up...the HMH storyline is all about jack decorating the house in his halloween-christmas style...it is a question...
    When were you last on the HM?

It took them about a month or two this year after HM re-opened to get the lighting correct again. Now you can't see the string, whereas you could back around March/April. Again, this is another reason I wish HMH would not return. They get everything tweaked so it's working properly and then...... they gotta take it all down 4-5 months later. And then it'll have to be re-tweaked for a month after it comes up again in February.

I have serious doubts they'll do anything with constance. The old bride was removed for the snake, why not the new one? Unless something comes thru the rumor mill that they're changing HMH this year instead of keeping it the exact same as the last two years....
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Theme Park Advocate

you do realize that ALL business close their fiscal years on September 30th, yes?

I don't like madame leota floating...it ruins the ambiance of the seance room...when you first turn the corner, you see a crystal ball and a chair, so you think the talking voice is sitting in the chair...then all of a sudden the chair is empty and now the crystal ball is talking to you...cool...but now the instant you're in there, you're like...oh look at that string holding that ball in the air...must be magic...and it's much too bright in there...used to be darker...boo!

Yes but when you create the Annual Report there is the ability to report the data to the stock holders from differing dates (such as the date that you calculate depreasion, etc.). Take a look at the Annual Reports from differing industries and you will see this. What you are refering to is the Federal Budget Year. Reading Annual Reports can be very intertaining, most noteably Foodmaker Inc.'s 1998 Annual Report (original copies are much sought after) that was a comic book.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Not so. I have worked at places that end on June 30th (to coincide with California State's fiscal year), the end of March, etc. Where I am working now just changed their fiscal year from ending the end of July to the end of December.

Each corporation, in the US at least, sets their own fiscal year.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• I <3 Clarinet.

I've always thought Disney made a very good move with the Haunted Mansion Holiday makeovers. It provides such a wonderful contrast to all the other holiday festivities in the park. I mean..."it's a small world holiday" is wonderful because of it's happy, international focus...but HMH provides a take on the holiday season that no one else in the world ever does!

If anything, I love experiencing the HMH because it adds yet another dimension to the Disneyland holiday experience. The bright lighting maybe a bit much for some of the scenes in the ride...but I've never left it without my lower jaw hanging limply with excitement.

On a side note...I do hate the crowds that come with it. The CMs sat my two friends and I in a single doom buggy. 3 teenagers aren't supposed to fit in one of those things...although it gave us something to laugh about for weeks later.

Personally, I think they should 'rotate' Haunted Mansion Holiday between WDW and DL, that way each coast gets the overlay with the mansion in normal mode at either Disneyland or WDW. This way it's always somewhere during Halloween, but not ALWAYS at Disneyland.

Then again, with Holiday Nightmare running in Tokyo Disneyland (supposedly much better then Haunted Mansion Holiday) perhaps the Disneyland version can be retired?

By the way, do you realize that right now, at this moment in time, there's three COMPLETELY different versions of POTC?

You have the redone movie-themed POTC @ Disneyland
    The redone (from the get-go) super-sized POTC @ Paris
    A carbon-copy of Disneyland's pre-PC POTC @ Tokyo Disneyland
    ... and soon, of course, the shortened movie-themed version in WDW...

I think it's great having different versions of the rides out there, as long as they exist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123