Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am going to break my own rule- Haunted Mansion Holiday

For the umpteenth time- will HMH be running this year. For once I hope the answer is no.

Every other year I would wrestle with the people who did not want the Holiday to come back. This year- I want to see the Mansion as it is now- not with Jack installed.

Anyone have any ideas on this one yet? I will be there in October- so there is time

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Re: I am going to break my own rule- Haunted Mansion Holiday

According to the Disneyland callendar the Mansion is closing in Sept. for the overlay. And, during the shareholders meeting Iger said there is no plan to end it.
    Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^ Add to that that Al said a few articles ago that the hitchhiking ghosts won't be updated until the refurb for the HMH overlay stuff to come down.

• The pride is back.

Much as I love NBC, I can't be the only one who just can't deal with HMH. I went last year for the first time. It was okay, but certainly a one-time thing. It just annoys me that one of my favorite attractions is either closed or in an altered format for six months out of the year. Was it really right to have two classic Disney attractions out of commission for so much of the 50th?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider
    Was it really right to have two classic Disney attractions out of commission for so much of the 50th?
    If it means that they're being enhanced instead of slowly decaying, with very short lines and declining popularity...yes.

Besides, they were actually opened when it was the real 50th...I consider these added months to be dragging the whole campaign out.

Hate to break it to you all, but Nightmare Before Christmas stuff is a major selling point in Disneyland...and as long as it's popular, it's going to stay.

• Neep meep beep

I have to agree with both DarkRider (and love the new avatar, by the way!), and Nephythys on this one ... the Haunted Mansion is great the way it is ... why change it for so long?

I'm sure there are reasons why the overlay is done, and I'm sure it translates to some additional guests during the holidays, but doesn't mean I have to like it. There, I've vented on this subject.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Aww i like nightmare before xmas but really im so not gonna get to see the new stuff put in in less i can get out to cali before oct.. and when in sept does it close?
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Super saucy pixie!

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of HMH. It was cute the first year, but it's lost its freshness IMO. I'm kinda digging on the new installations. I think they're a lot more fun than HMH.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I still enjoy HMH and am looking forward to it. It looks like it closes for the overlay on Sept. 5th.
    Mike

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

With Nightmare coming back to theaters this October, there's no way the mouse is going to miss the marketing oppertunity by not doing HMH.
    Personally I love the overlay. I am also a huge Nightmare fan so this could be part of it. i just wish they'd continue with changing it up a little every year considering they know a lot of the people that come to see it are APs or regulars.
    I dunno, that's my two cents

• Monorail Racer

It should be back open again by the end of the month though, right? I like HMH well enough, but I always prefer the regular Mansion. I don't foresee them getting rid of the popular HMH any time soon anyway.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    For the umpteenth time- will HMH be running this year. For once I hope the answer is no.

Every other year I would wrestle with the people who did not want the Holiday to come back. This year- I want to see the Mansion as it is now- not with Jack installed.

Anyone have any ideas on this one yet? I will be there in October- so there is time
    Love the Holiday
    and as far as I know, it is coming back.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Theme Park Advocate

I see sometime in late October my better half and I making a trip to the El Cpaitan followed by an almost immediate trip to the park. Jack in 3D two times in one day looks like a win win situation.
    I know that there are some people that advoid New Orleans Square from Oct. through Dec. because of the lack of "traditional" Haunted Mansion, but there are even more so people that visit that area of the park more frequently during the makeover. Even here on MiceChat when ever the rumor of the HMH closing for good comes up, chatters such as myself get up in arms and storm Le Baton Ruge buying up all the mechendise, complaining to City Hall, and shooting off e-mails to every department at the DLR. And as long as Disney keeps adding addional elements to the HMH overlay every year the AP's will keep comming back, buying their overpriced meals at Cafe Orleans, to get that little patch or token. There are members of the general public who don't normaly visit the park in the slow month of October that with the additon of the Tim Burton overlay are given that extra incentive to plop down the money to visit the park. For almost all amusement/theme parks the month of October is amoungst the slowest of the year, hence for many of them their Fiscial year ends on Sept. 30 (September being one of the bussiest months of the year) and beggining on Oct 1st. Ever since the addition of HMH the attendence numbers for the DLR have moved drasticly upwards in Oct, Nov, and Dec. Untill there is no more intrest in the Nightmare Before Christmas and the line for HMH drops down to 13 minutes on a sunny October Saturday, the overlay is here to stay. (or until someone hears that Tim Burton is pulling the licence or some other conspericy)
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Original Mice-Chatter

Just to clarify.

I am a Nightmare FAN- loved the movie first time, will love it again and again. Own the games- love it. Was at Disneyland 2001 for the first overlay- loved it. Loved it in November 2004 when I saw it again.

Love the Overlay- thought it was inspired and magical and fabulous- love it.

BUT- I am coming in for 4 days and wish I could see the new effects in the seance room and the attic- new bride and all. That's my only motivation.

If the overlay will be in place- as it sounds like it will- great. I will still be thrilled to tears to be at Disneyland- I just wish I could see the way it is right now.

I am going to try to get back there next year because of the Subs- but I am also planning a move and a wedding so it may have to wait. So I am just sad about not getting to see the new HM effects anytime soon.

But don't count me as a NON-fan of the overlay or Nightmare.

• It's a dead man's party!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik
    i just wish they'd continue with changing it up a little every year considering they know a lot of the people that come to see it are APs or regulars.
    I dunno, that's my two cents
    I completely agree with you.

Personally, I want more Lock, Shock and Barrel in there. Them popping up in those mirrors is retarded.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast