Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The one, the only...

Re: Light Crowds at DCA on July 2nd.... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I pondered DCA, but then thought "no trees, hot day, no DCA!"
    Good point! I have to say it is that all except premium passes are blocked. I would go this weekend but I am blocked.

But this is supposed to be out-of-town weekend. Since people travel and vacation this week because it is a short week, Disneyland should be packed. Now DCA on the other hand, it is not so popular...
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

That's really sad..

• Defying gravity

My aunt and cousin are in Disneyland now *grumbles while 800 miles away* and they were able to ride PoTC three times with only a 10 or 15 min wait! That's unusual for July - and the fact that the ride just reopened a week ago. Granted, they said the weather is miserable......but I'll be miserable for short lines!!!!!!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I was at the Anime Con on Sunday and went over to the Park thinking that before I went home I could ride Pirates and Mansion. Rented a locker for $7.00 and walked over to the DL gates and was shocked that there were no really long lines, and a couple were wide open with no line. Then I found out this weekend was blocked on the deluxe pass. So much for that. It was late, and I was tired from so much walking on cement floors at the con with no real place to sit, so I got my stuff back out of the locker (Wow. $7.00 for less that five minutes storage - I should have paid more attention to the dates) and came home. It was too hot anyway. This heat may be keeping a lot of regulars away as well as the block out dates.
    Why didn't you wait until you were IN DISNEYLAND to get a locker? I didn't know there were lockers outside the gates....

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Yes, there are lockers outside. Not sure of the exact location, Lost Boy can address that. But he usually carries a large back pack because he uses public transportation from the valley and the outside location has lockers that are larger (hence the $7 charge) that accomodate his back back. (I know all this because LB is my brother)

Blog Entries

We tried to go to USH this afternoon and it was insane! 60 minutes for the Tram Tour and 75 for Jurassic Park! It was nuts!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I hope the injured person is alright. I'm assuming it's a kid because of the height limit.

Any bets on when the tire swings will be turned into Goofy's Redwood Play Area?
    <o>

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I don't know why Disney hasn't thought of lifting the blackout day limitation for Deluxe passes at DCA only.
    I've been asking this question for sometime now. I think Deluxe AP's shouldn't be blocked out at DCA at all.
    <o>

• Banned User

Today, or yesterday the 3rd wasn't that bad either.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    We tried to go to USH this afternoon and it was insane! 60 minutes for the Tram Tour and 75 for Jurassic Park! It was nuts!
    Aren't those the only rides?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Light Crowds at DCA on July 2nd.... WOW!

Ohhh.. all this sounds good for me, an non AP'er from Texas who's going to Disneyland in late July... was hoping for a stress free weekened! ;o)

Yeah for me!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Just my opinion here, based on some experience - Many good points have been made and I think combining them accounts for the recent observations. I was there on Sunday, July 2nd and was impressed with the lack of thick crowds of DLR guests.

One other observation, besides gas prices, weather and AP blockouts:
    July 4th was on a middle week day. Many people can take a trip on a three day weekend but perhaps not a four day weekend when they would be accountable for Monday. That factors into my own consideration and I think perhaps others. In addition, I have noticed a "lull effect" before and after major holidays. It is as though people are waiting to go on the particular day of a holiday. The weekend before or after labor day weekend, for example, I note as lighter than usual.

• Back After Missing MC

Loving the photos as usual Darkbeer. Thanks for letting us all "visit" the park with you on Sunday

I love that you got a photo of this guy's shirt: http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1624101/1/79119157

One of my best friends bought this framed print for me and I love it...very unique patriotic take on the famous Mouse.

Also, I was excited to see how authentic the strolling Jack Sparrow looked (although not enough eyeliner in my opinion). I have a friend that we met because I was so impressed with his Jack Sparrow costume on Halloween that I asked to get a photo with him for my mom. She is a big fan and I knew she would get a kick out of him since I thought he really did look a lot like Jack and I he put a lot of thought into the costume (complete with sparrow tattoos on his arms). I am attaching a small photo of us together below. I thought of him when I read there would be Jack look-a-likes at the park so I will have to let him know he is missing his calling!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12