Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Re: Disneyland needs a night time parade!!!

Brings something spectacular to DCA and stay open later at least as long as DL is open. Most tourist who go to the resort are their for at least 2 nights give them something to see at both parks , as for AP'ers give them a choice to alternate between but ending at the same hour. From past experience both at a tourist from NOcal and an Ap'er I want choices when it come to evening entertainment and shows , if I have seen the fireworks last time give me an open DCA with a show at least till the closing of DL on nights when I have seen the fireworks and fantasmic I am looking for alternative shows and would happily be at DCA to see a later ELP or new fireworks show.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I wish that Disneyland would open up their checkbook and create as magical parade as the Electrical Parade.
    They did open their chequebook. Light Magic! was actually quite expensive. Hence the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    SpectroMagic at WDW stinks! The concept of the colors all turning to white as once is boring! Who cares! Give me happy music, bright colors, and whimsical animation anytime.
    I wouldn't be so bold. SpectroMagic is an awesome parade, even more than ten years after it's conception. I think its wonderful when the glowing white parade just bursts with colour.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

The Parade of dreams is much more magical and really shows its uniqueness at night. The colors looks much more virbant and in my opinion works better at night.

Last time i took family members we had a spot near the beginning of the parade. they thought it was nice and enjoyed it. we then walked away when the parade moved on and happen to come across it at the last show stop. It had gotten a bit darker and overcast. Family had to stop and watch it again. At first they thought it was another parade since they saw a float they missed the first time. This time around they said they loved it and had a longer coversation about it.

the beaty float is very elegant at night but they are all well light.

• Defying gravity

I do wish the MSEP would come back to DL (and I don't like Spectromagic in MK.) However, with Parade of Dreams twice, Remember...Dreams Come True, and Fantasmic! - where is the time? Unless Fantasmic! or fireworks get taken out, there is enoguht nighttime entertainment at DL.

• FastPass n00b

Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade has such more of a ring to it than the generically termed Disney's Electrical Parade. Not to mention without the backdrop of Main Street, the parade really loses its feel. It's the same great parade, but it just doesn't have that extra something special that Disneyland's Main Street gives it.

This thing is in serious need of an update to come back to Disneyland though. The head lights and tail lights on a standard 2006 Honda Accord are more technologically advanced than any of the lights on the floats. It's time to put all that digital computer technology and LED stuff to work. They could make this parade drop people's jaws if they invested some time, money and effort into it.

The music is, and always has been, flawless. I'd say leave that alone and concentrate on the incredible advances that have been made in lighting technology in the past 10 years. This parade was once Disneyland's flagship nighttime parade, it deserves much better than floats that haven't been updated in 20 or more years.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Dream our Dreams forever, Dream our Dreams togethor!
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade has such more of a ring to it than the generically termed Disney's Electrical Parade. Not to mention without the backdrop of Main Street, the parade really loses its feel. It's the same great parade, but it just doesn't have that extra something special that Disneyland's Main Street gives it.

This thing is in serious need of an update to come back to Disneyland though. The head lights and tail lights on a standard 2006 Honda Accord are more technologically advanced than any of the lights on the floats. It's time to put all that digital computer technology and LED stuff to work. They could make this parade drop people's jaws if they invested some time, money and effort into it.

The music is, and always has been, flawless. I'd say leave that alone and concentrate on the incredible advances that have been made in lighting technology in the past 10 years. This parade was once Disneyland's flagship nighttime parade, it deserves much better than floats that haven't been updated in 20 or more years.
    You should just be happy they brought it back at all. After all they did retire it.
    MSEP looks FANTASTIC against the backdrop of Paradise Lagoon.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Senior Minion

Parade of Dreams does look spectacular at night; one of the things I do think is very clever about the parade is how it was designed with details for both daytime and nightime use.

Although trying to shoot pictures of the floats at night was a rather frustrating experience.

They ran Parade of the Stars (yawn) at night, too, as you might recall.

I don't know why they're not running it at night time now, but I suspect that what others have suggested is correct--it's simply too much, when combined with fireworks, Fantasmic!, and the crowds--to pull off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12