Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Disneyland needs a night time parade!!!

One of my fondest memories of Disneyland is the Main Street Electrical Parade. It just seemed like the perfect summer entertainment. The twinkling lights and sounds would MAKE the trip. Now I know that it is currently at DCA, but it is not the same. Disneyland needs a parade like that. I think that DCA should have its own style and a parade that fits its theme. (I think that a parade based on Hollywood premiers would be more fitting.)

I wish that Disneyland would open up their checkbook and create as magical parade as the Electrical Parade. It needs fantastic music. It should have bright lights. (The problem with fiber-optics is that the light is so dim!) It should have moving animations on the floats lit with colorful lights.

As far as I am concerned, the Main Street Electrical Parade was the last great summer parade. SpectroMagic at WDW stinks! The concept of the colors all turning to white as once is boring! Who cares! Give me happy music, bright colors, and whimsical animation anytime.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Monorail Racer

Re: Disneyland needs a night time parade!!!

What should they do with the other night-time offerings though. Things get pretty busy at night as it is with a 7 p.m. parade, Fantasmic at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and fireworks at 9:25. Where does a night-time parade fit into all that schedule?
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the congestion on Main Street since the 50th. It's just...dangerous. If the crowding dies down, sure. Otherwise, I'd be absolutely terrified to be at Disneyland at night. I think the fireworks and Fantasmic! have caused enough congestion as it it. It just wouldn't be safe to throw in another nighttime spectacular at this point, IMO.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if people didn't enter the park in the evenings to have dinner and a show...

• Hooterville, USA

Upgrade MSEP, and bring it back. Run it during Fantasmic so that crowds can split up to see one or another.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Professional fifth wheel

I completely agree - DL needs a nighttime parade. I'd love to see MSEP move back to DL, with a new nighttime parade heading to DCA (which would make more sense, I would think, since the bulk of the promotional efforts could result in increased attendance at DCA more than DL), but a more reasonable plan might be for the next daytime parade to be more along the lines of the old Mulan parade, where they can run it during the day and then implement nighttime elements later in the evening.

• curiouser and curiouser

why do we need two fantasmic shows?

• no flash photography...

The last thing DL needs is another nighttime crowd drawing, bottle necking , can't move, takes an hour to get off of main street, parade or show. The fireworks are more than enough...I wish fantasmic would get the axe.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Upgrade MSEP, and bring it back. Run it during Fantasmic so that crowds can split up to see one or another.
    I agree that MSEP could be upgraded, but I am not so attached to the floats as the concept of a lighted parade. I would love to see new floats with new themes (and new special effects!). The key is that there is a certain magic in a lighted parade. It really is special. Fireworks are common, but a lighted parade with fun, make-me-want-to-dance music is unique. It is a Disneyland signature.

I just hope that after the 50th is over, a new parade could be done. (And please don't try to reuse parade floats from the 50th. I don't want to see Ursula with lights on her!)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

SpectroMagic can go to Disneyland and my park, Magic Kindgom can get a new night parade. It is only fair. You had the wonderful Light Magic. ; )

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe
    SpectroMagic can go to Disneyland and my park, Magic Kindgom can get a new night parade. It is only fair. You had the wonderful Light Magic. ; )
    Having been to see SpectroMagic and heard that horrible waltz music they have for it, you can keep it! I think of that parade as the march of the possessed clowns!

Actually, WDW needs a new DAYTIME parade! I think Disney has enough billions to build a new parade for both Disneyland and MK. But MK desperately needing a better day parade. That parade is the boy-in-the-bubble parade.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• Banned User

SLIGHT SUGGESTION.

DCA should actually stay open until like 10:00 so that people from that park don't come a runnin' to Disneyland.

Have one longer, much-improved Fantasmic! show at around 10:15 and start the fireworks at exactly 8:50.

Have the (MSEP) parade start at 9:30.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernOverlook
    why do we need two fantasmic shows?
    Because after all these years, it's still a very popular show. Even with two showings a night, it's very crowded. On days when it's *extremely* crowded and the park is open late, they even add a third show, and that show is still very well attended.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Upgrade it? Move it?
    Nope.

Leave MSEP it right where it is. It works wonderfully in DCA.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

I don't see why they don't run Parade of Dreams later in the evening. You can only see the float lights in the Fall and Winter time. I liked that parade at night.

They aren't the greatest but oh well....

• Neep meep beep

No, those are great photos! I agree - Disneyland has enough with the parade at 7pm, Fantasmic at 9pm, Fireworks at 9:25, and Fantasmic at 10:30 (and sometimes 11:30 pm).

If you can't make the parade at Disneyland later at night, bring something spectactular to DCA, not Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast