• Looking for Love

Leave this world for Disneyland.

I started talking about this on another thread but then thought it would be cooler if i made my own. Isn't it amazing how much disneyland is covered with trees and greens to block out the outside world so that you feel like your in another world.
    But when we have to leave Disneyland to go to DCA, as much as DCA tries, it just doesent have that same wonderfull feel. I hate riding rides there and being able to see cars and parking lots and whatnot. Makes me feel dirty....uh...but anyways. Why did Disney ruin part of the DL resort by not securing DCA with wall to wall fences and trees that block out the outside world as well?
    I just absolutly love how DL has that ability and I was just thinking about it and how it amazes me and astonishes me and thats why I had to start this thread.
    Derek =]

• Senior Minion

I think that is the one of things that as Kevin Yee put it once, " immerses " you into fantasy.

If you look at the pictures back in the 50's and part of the 60's the trees were just twigs that were still growing and no walls were up hardly at all. Really makes you think.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I think that is the one of things that as Kevin Yee put it once, " immerses " you into fantasy.

If you look at the pictures back in the 50's and part of the 60's the trees were just twigs that were still growing and no walls were up hardly at all. Really makes you think.
    DO you think Walt desighed it so that those teigs and such would eventually do this or was this somthing that just sort oh happened and then Disney decided to play along with the wonderfull idea? Cause if Walt designed it and wanted it this way, then that man just got another million genious points added to his career.

• Merry 2014!

the berm around dl contributes so much to its magic. mystery and magic. it makes dl very exciting.
    i am thinking the suits wanted to make dca so very different from dl. so no trees. but if you think about it, there aren't a whole lot of trees in ca anyway; northern ca being the exception. maybe they didn't want to fork over the dollars for trees and such. i dunno.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think Walt was very focused on the idea that once a guest was inside Disneyland, the outside world would be gone. 50 years of foliage growth has enhanced that ideal. For years, the only time you could view the urban landscape of the City of Anaheim was while riding the Monorail. A small price to pay... you were riding a freakin' MONORAIL! You might catch a glimpse from the Matterhorn... but are you really looking that direction!? DCA does fall short in that regard. Some quarter should be given due to to youth of the park. BUT... Walt was able to overcome this in 1955 by just building a berm. Much of the design of DCA is shortsighted... but this isn't necessarily because the designers were unimaginative. It was more due to constrained budgets and a "make-do" attitude. Give DCA time to mature. "The Best Is Yet To Come..."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    the berm around dl contributes so much to its magic. mystery and magic. it makes dl very exciting.
    i am thinking the suits wanted to make dca so very different from dl. so no trees. but if you think about it, there aren't a whole lot of trees in ca anyway; northern ca being the exception. maybe they didn't want to fork over the dollars for trees and such. i dunno.
    I know they didn't have the biggest of budgets, but from what my dad told me the last time we were their was that some of the railings alone around the lake cost lots and lots of money just because of the fancy designs. Same with the cement and concrete art designs thruout the park. My dad is a concrete contracter. he would have loved to eat that stuff up!

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    It was more due to constrained budgets and a "make-do" attitude. Give DCA time to mature. "The Best Is Yet To Come..."
    This is the one thing i don't understand. Disney does everything sooo right and when they don't have the money they hold off and wait untill they can do everything right. So what was the exception with DCA. It was done 80% right. Why didn't they just wait and do it all right like Disney normally does?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yes, this is exactly how Walt planned it. There is a city ordinance in Anaheim that no building may be tall enough to be seen inside the park. This is so that you can forget about the outside world and completely lose yourself in Disneyland.

I believe it is not so as DCA because "California" is part of the themeing, so it doesn't take away the illusion if you see California.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Yes, this is exactly how Walt planned it. There is a city ordinance in Anaheim that no building may be tall enough to be seen inside the park. This is so that you can forget about the outside world and completely lose yourself in Disneyland.
    That is TOO COOL. Thank you for the tidbit. I love leaqrning new facts.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

:(

This is intresting i kinda agree. Dca it jus feels like it doesnt fit there but thts jus my option