Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Looking for Love

Subs new Queue Area.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Al a whle back write about that when the subs to reopen that they will need an entire new loading platform so that the subs are wheelchair accessable. ( i still have nooo clue how they will do that with the actuall subs.) This is just somthing more to think about in the on going debates of the subs new loading dock and the rumors if it gets moved.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Yeah but then he said that the New Subs queue is going to be the OLD subs queue....which sounds stupid to me. They are just going to use a small, totally unthemed snake for the brand new ride? The line is going to go out into tomorrowland...ugh, hopefully they have a plan for the actual location of a good queue.

Hmm, along the same lines, the subs cannot be altered too much because they would then invalidate the "Grandfather Clause" written into the ADA. It states that something that has been around for a while and established may be exempt...
    Dunno how that affects the wheelchair accessability of the sub queue and loading.

I think the key issue is that the wheelchair elevator for the monorail platform was placed in the archway that previously served as the exit for the submarines. Perhaps that is what everyone is thinking of.

Cris

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    The subs would be grandfathered in and would not have to be modified. What Al did mention was the possibility of installing a booth that wheelchair bound guests could use to rise a "virtual" sub. That way they could get a similar experiance for riding the ride even if it would not accomodate them.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

they can theme the old que upgrade it and reroute it however they want

there is nothing dumb about using the old sub que if you ask me

it probably won't be on level with Indy but they could still do a really nice and well fitting que

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

If I remember my updates, the load/unload will take place in the same area but that will require the monorail station to be remodeled so they can at the very least move the elevator shaft. If I remember the tone of Al's update correctly, however, the whole monorail station is going to be replaced and in the process TDA will figure out what to do with the sub que.

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by from Al's April 5th update
    The loading area will remain exactly where it has always been (shown above on Sunday), although it will be heavily modified to allow for Fastpass and possibly a single rider line. The current plan is to move the Chevron store up on the Innoventions platform where the Autopia Fastpass machines currently are. It won't come as much of a surprise to learn that Autopia will soon begin phasing out its Fastpass operation, only offering it on really busy days before it goes away completely by the time the new submarine ride opens.
    Hope that clears thing up.

• Newbie.

Don't worry people, I'm sure if they're already working on the attraction, they have something planned. I doubt they'd finish the whole ride and realize there isn't a place to have the guests exit. Don't panic.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

what if they loaded at where motor boat cruise was at? my friend thought of that, but then wouldn't it be considered a fantasyland ride? It kinda wouldn't make sense though..but there would be more room...

• Newbie.

Trust me, if work has already begun, everything regarding the loading and unloading of guests has already been decided. We don't have to worry about finding a fix here folks, it's a done deal.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbella
    what if they loaded at where motor boat cruise was at? my friend thought of that, but then wouldn't it be considered a fantasyland ride? It kinda wouldn't make sense though..but there would be more room...
    That would mean more money to remove the old loading area and more money to construct a new loading area when the one you have works just fine. The more money you save that way, the more money that is around to spend on peoplemover mark II, Fix/replacing the Pooh ride, a new E-ticket, or even getting DCA upgraded from "the part of Disneyland I have to play $14 to ride Scream'in, Soar'in and Tower of Terrior"

Also, subs still work as a tomorrowland theme until the day alot of people who live next to water own a sub (much like they own 14 foot boats today.)

• That's Hawt

I think that if they had a queue on the Fantasyland side then a Nemo theme could fit well ... if the queue is on the Tomorrowland side then the Finding Nemo isn't quite as snug a fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I think that if they had a queue on the Fantasyland side then a Nemo theme could fit well ... if the queue is on the Tomorrowland side then the Finding Nemo isn't quite as snug a fit.
    Very true. But in any case, Nemo will be somewhat of a transition between the two lands one might say.

• Rainicorn.

I really don't care as long as they do a good job. And if remodeling doesn't raise ticket prices (but we all KNOW that's inevitable.)
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

The old snake queue has worked for many classic attractions, and it will work for this one. Besides, it's not a "brand new ride." It's a great old ride, with some new things being done to it.

Yes, as has been pointed out, the Monos will be getting a new station right around the time work is supposedly going to start wrapping up on the returned Subs. So, we might get some Plasmas, maybe a few props and gewgaws, but it doesn't make sense to do to much, especially if the storyline they go for makes you think nothing much has changed until you turn on the underwater microphones, well into the ride.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast