Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterland

]I would love to see the People Mover returned to Tommorow Land. A lot of people thought it was a boring attraction, but I thought it gave a wonderful tour of the land's buildings, submarine lake & Autopia.

I felt it was a great family attraction that was fun to ride &.. I also thought it looked cool running along the tracks. It also perfectly demonstrated Walt's vision for the transportation problem solver of the future ..Also, the loading station was awesome how it kept moving

The Flying Saucers are going to be rebuilt in WDW soon (in either the Circlevision or the Carousel)
    Only if they drastically scale it back....The former outdoor floor was half again the size, of the exterior, of either of those buildings.

I dunno about Innerspace seems kinda "Meh" to me, Mansion is much better
    Outside of being "dark rides" and using the omnimover vehicles, they're completely different experiences. Innerspace gave me the suspension of belief that I never would get from Mansion and it's cartoon approach. Don't get me wrong, I like both attractions very much. I just think Innerspace was a great fit for Tommorrowland and it sure could use more of that quality today.

Tomorrowland needs motion and energy, I think that was originally one of the concepts of the future. Transportation and communication. I miss the PeopleMover most of all as it added a sense that something was happening in Tomorrowland.

Mission to the Moon or Mars was another awesome idea although I suppose this concept's torch is now being carried by Star Tours.

Did anybody say Skull Rock? Not a ride but what an amazing piece of Fantasyland scenery. (Not that I've ever seen it except in pictures)

• PLEASE REMAIN SEATED

1967 tomorrowland

Ya The Old New Tommland Rocked..dances Rockets Subs Atoms Moonand Mars Monorails 360 Movies It Was Truly The 64 Worlds Fair In Calif. I Had No Idea That In 1965 Disneyland Was Only 10 Yrs Old But It Had Already Changed So Much From Its Opening Day. Going Through The Inside Of The Matterhorn In The Skyway Was Cool..pirate Ship And Skull Rock The Baddest As A Kid..mine Train Cool.mission To The Moon Funy.subs Cool And Funy.inerspace Was Hey Lets Get High And Go In There..remember Anyone..i Know I Do..skyway Watch Out For Spit Down There..lolswow What Memories Ooh The Bellbottoms And Sideburns..

• Banned User

America Sings was definetly one of the best attractions Disney ever created.

• Minion

i miss the People Mover....it was a nice relaxing ride through tomorrowland at the end of a day; i also miss the Country Bear Jamboree....i loved that show as a kid and to this day i still get guests asking where its at, but i tell them that they can see the 3 moose heads if they go on the winnie the pooh ride...i also did really like Big Al!!; i miss the Skyway.....i liked flying above the park and seeing everyone down below. it was a remarkable sight and i enjoyed going through the matterhorn
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Waiting for the monorail

I miss the motion of Tomorrowland. Something was always going above or below you. You had layers of movement. The monorail, peoplemover, skyway, autopia and subs. I miss all those layers. At least we may get the subs back. Now if they would only raise up the obiter.

1 more vote for the Peoplemover. Man, I loved that ride. The journey through the world of TRON used to freak me out!

At this point, I just wish they'd put SOMETHING on that track... even with all of their problems, at least the Rocket Rods were amusing. Now the track is little more than an eyesore and a sad reminder of times long past.
    When 7 just isn't enuff

Cheers!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Thumbs up Resurrection

Peoplemover can be returned I'm sure, AMERICA SINGS would desperately need to be updated. I unearthed the soundtrack to that and you would need to include music from the 60's to the present. One key factor is, America Sings was about American songs, predominantly American Folk songs.Now I may only be able to remember from '78 to ...three days ago but I don't know of any defining American folk songs during the 80's and 90's (although Jim Croce and Harry Chapin could definitely do well to represent the 60's and 70's).

Another ride that could be fun and hasn't been around in....decades, would be Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland (aka Thunder Mt.'s predecessor).
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    The web site that helped me discover that I am not the only Disney Geek on the planet was Yesterland.com. The site is a complete historical look at the attractions of Disneyland past.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

I have to say, I really do miss the Skyway.
    Always carry a camera

• That's Hawt

I never got to ride the skyway My mom always thought I was too young ... i don't ever remember it being open

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I never saw America sings, could it survive or would it need to be updated to be more time current? I know of it from the real Yesterland articles (we know who rules that realm ) and I think I would have enjoyed it. Kinda sad that I may most likely never see a show like that again ever.
    I only saw america sings once and it was weird. A company I used to work for did some computer systems work for DL back around the time of the 35th. They were using some of the space inside as office space. there were still props and stuff, and right in the middle of it a bunch of desks. trippy...

I think all the stuff for america sings was torn out for Innoventions wasn't it? that would be a big undertaking to bring back...

Of course I could be really confused by the whole thing...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    to this day i still get guests asking where its at, but i tell them that they can see the 3 moose heads if they go on the winnie the pooh ride...
    Where can you see that???

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    i miss the Skyway.....i liked flying above the park and seeing everyone down below. it was a remarkable sight and i enjoyed going through the matterhorn
    Yeah, it's too bad that some guy jumped out of it... :devil:

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiAndMiriam
    I have to say, I really do miss the Skyway.
    Yes - I was really bummed when they took it out. THat is the ride I miss mose in TL...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast