Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterland

• Old Timer

Question Yesterland

I would like to start a forum for the discussion of past tense rides, shows, parades, light shows and even stores that are no longer around,

With technolgy having made tremendous advancements since the day Walt first opened Disneyland many rides and such have come and gone, some were excellant ideas but failed because of maintenance issues that could be overcome today,not ADA compliant, low capacity, some were behind the times and many were immensely popular and were possibly removed by bad decision making.

Of course this may become a forum of nothing but wishful thinking but it could also be a place for bringing back the past and updating with current technolgy.

If the imagineers cannot find new ideas there may be a few from yesterland that can be resurrected.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Pirate Girl

Past Attractions

Ahoy all,

I would just like to say bring back AMERICA SINGS! Innoventions is such a waste of space. I loved America Sings.

Aprille :-)

• Old Timer

I never saw America sings, could it survive or would it need to be updated to be more time current? I know of it from the real Yesterland articles (we know who rules that realm ) and I think I would have enjoyed it. Kinda sad that I may most likely never see a show like that again ever.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I never saw America sings, could it survive or would it need to be updated to be more time current? I know of it from the real Yesterland articles (we know who rules that realm ) and I think I would have enjoyed it. Kinda sad that I may most likely never see a show like that again ever.
    I have once (or maybe I do o_o) had a video of it, it seemd pretty timeless but I can imagine that it'd get old after many repeat showings

it's creepy how much of Splash Mountain was obviously pulled off of this ride (I would say Splash Mountain was worth the sacrifice of America Sings though)

almost makes me wish they would keep doing new Circlevision animatronic shows and simply recycle the figures into other attractions (all around the world) after the show expires

• Lost in Yesterland

America Sings was a fun show, but I liked the show it replaced even better. Carousel of Progress! I really miss that show. Then there was, of course, Circle-Vision: America the Beautiful. Another long-gone show I enjoyed a lot was the one and only original Country Bears Jamboree. Big Al was my favorite! Ah, the good ol days.
    The exit doors to your left are now open, and have fun the rest of your day in Disneyland.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Since this thread is a catch-all nostalgia discussion, I'll bring up something that doesn't really fit into any of those categories.

Anybody miss the DL Hotel in it's old marina setup? The pedalcar boats, the arcade over the water, and my favorite: the coin-operated RC boats that glide around in whatever direction you steered them.

The lobby was also way big back then, word is it's not now.

Quote Originally Posted by AlxVision360
    America Sings was a fun show, but I liked the show it replaced even better. Carousel of Progress! I really miss that show. Then there was, of course, Circle-Vision: America the Beautiful. Another long-gone show I enjoyed a lot was the one and only original Country Bears Jamboree. Big Al was my favorite! Ah, the good ol days.
    You can now go to the Magic Kingdom to see The Country Bears Jamboree show. WDW did what Harris should have done, retired the Summer Hoedown show and brought back the Jamboree show.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Since this thread is a catch-all nostalgia discussion, I'll bring up something that doesn't really fit into any of those categories.

Anybody miss the DL Hotel in it's old marina setup? The pedalcar boats, the arcade over the water, and my favorite: the coin-operated RC boats that glide around in whatever direction you steered them.

The lobby was also way big back then, word is it's not now.
    It was nice to see the wide open area instead of the somewhat cramped look it has now.

I too, miss American Sings it was one of my favorite attractions when I was a wee bit

Only one thing I will truly miss forever: Parade of the Stars :devil:

The Flying Saucers......They didn't have the technology, in the early 60s, and used to always lose the floor pressure. With todays more efficient air tech and computer control they could finally rebuild this attraction....It isn't high tech now but it sure was fun when it worked.

I think they should use all of our new tech to make an updated Innerspace attraction. It was great then and could be so much better now. It would be a great fit inside the Innoventions building.

I miss the original Country Bears Jamboree. Big Al was the coolest of the bunch.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I miss the People Mover. I loved that ride!!
    And the Monorail Cafe
    And Adventures Thru Innerspace
    And the Country Bears

MickeyMania, I still remember the first time I ever stayed at DLH was when they still had the buildings that were behind(I think it was)the Marina tower(not exactly positive on the location)We stayed there in 1 bedroom suite and had soo much fun!! I was 14 or 15 and my sister was 5 or 6 and we did sooo much, just the two of us! We checked out all the pools, played in the waterfalls, did the rc's just roamed and had so much fun together!

• Gay Man

I miss Tomorrowland 1967. What a wonder for the senses it was. Granted, I was a kid, but, MAN, Disneyland was a hip and happening place to go. (Plus Pirates opend then too and Mansion followed a short while after.)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I totally miss it. From the mid-70's to around '95, the DL hotel layout, amenities, restaurants and employee attitude -- really the whole sensibility of the place -- all of it had a warm, magical quality.

Sorta like the Park did, in those pre-Pre$$ler times.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    The Flying Saucers......They didn't have the technology, in the early 60s, and used to always lose the floor pressure. With todays more efficient air tech and computer control they could finally rebuild this attraction....It isn't high tech now but it sure was fun when it worked.

I think they should use all of our new tech to make an updated Innerspace attraction. It was great then and could be so much better now. It would be a great fit inside the Innoventions building.

The Flying Saucers are going to be rebuilt in WDW soon (in either the Circlevision or the Carousel)

I dunno about Innerspace seems kinda "Meh" to me, Mansion is much better

• Waiting for the monorail

I miss Mission to Mars. I loved that ride and the queue was half of it. I wish that would have rehabed it, that attraction brought out my love of space like nothing.

CoP/America Sings may have only been a show but it is still better than all these movie attractions they have now in DCA!

Inner Space taught me all about molocules. And it was always a great place to sit and cool off for a few while still enjoying 'the Disneyland experience. A bit like the monorail was until it started breaking down. PeopleMover was the same way. Good break from the fast pace and yet you could still enjoy Disneyland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast