Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is on the rocks

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time...

I don't know what dates this ride was open, but I'd love to experience the flying saucers. I'd also like to ride Inner Space and see America Sings again. Brings back good memories when I used to go as a child w/ my parents.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

1979:

• Sleeping Beauty Castle(walk-thru)
    • Motor Boat Cruise
    • Skull Rock and Pirate Ship Restaurant
    • Fantasyland Theater
    • Fantasyland Autopia
    • Mike Fink Keel Boats
    • Adventure thru Innerspace
    • Mission to Mars
    • Peoplemover
    • Rocket Jets where they belong
    • Skyway
    • Circlevsion
    • Old metal sided Monorails(that seemed bigger to me but that just may be becasue I was a child when I last rode them)
    • Submarine Voyage
    • Brand New Big Thunder
    • Newly refurbed Matterhorn
    • Fairly new Space Mt.
    • Pepsi-Cola's Golden Hoseshoe Revue
    • The Tahitian Terrace presented by Kikoman
    • Country Bear Jamboree
    • American Egg House(and those yummy Tomato & Cheese Omelets)
    • Fort Wilderness
    • Blue Bayou(with about 1/2 as many seats as now; making for a much more peaceful/romantic? dining experience)
    • A-E tickets(which dispersed the lines more evenly)
    • Swiss Family Treehouse
    • Peacefull un-crowded walkway thru Adventureland
    • Main St. Electrical Parade
    • Disneyland Hotel with Marina and connected to the Monorail(I know they didn't move the Monorail but it sure does seem like it now days)
    • Walts beloved Parking Lot
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

1979 so I could ride the Mine Train, and ride the skyway and several other rides I would have loved to ride...

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

you know what? scratch what i said earlier. I would go back to like June 1950 and INVEST in Disneyland , so then when i get back to 2006 , i would finaly be allowed in Club33

My Maleficent tattoo

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Well, the first time I went was back in 1987, and I've been going through and scanning all my old photos recently. It seemed like it was a fun time - Brer Bear; Mary Poppins and Merlin wandering around the park. The Subs were still about. Star Tours and Splash Mountain opened that year. The Mark V Monorails opened. Disneyland State Fair. Finally, Disney Dollars were introduced.

It would be great to go back and be able to appreciate all that as an adult. Still, I'd avoid obvious days like the opening, simply because the crowds would detract. It would be nice to go during Walt's era, simply because I think the atmosphere would be different somehow.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd love to go sometime in the late 70's/early 80's. I'd love to go on America Sings again, ride PeopleMover and go through The World of TRON, Innerspace...

For a specific date... August 8, 1989. Was my 15th birthday and we spent the whole day there (except I'd get a birthday button/sticker this time).

I'd like to go on opening day so i could be the first person to buy a ticket, then i would be able to meet walt and recieve a pass for life!

• Senior Minion

I'd go either one of the first few days it opened or i'd go in the early 90's, about 1992, which was the first time my family and I had gone there, and i'd go on everything I never went on because I was too small or one of my brothers were afraid to go on it. Plus, i'd go on the subs, which I really wanted to go on, but my mom and dad didn't feel comfortable in small spaces, plus having the three of us kids there was hard enough on them. I would also leave my mark on something I know they didn't change so that when I go back the next time i'll see my mark.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    ...and spend a day at Disneyland at any time in it's history prior to today, what day/period of time might you choose and why? Maybe it's the park opening, the arrival of several new attractions, but still some classic oldies that don't exist now, reliving a favorite time there, etc.

I'd have a tough time deciding, but I think I'd have to go with sometime in the first couple of months of DL's opening. I'd be fascinated to see the park in person in it's earliest days with many attractions that are no longer there. Maybe not the first day (crowds and gooey asphalt and all), but a very early day in the life of the park would be very interesting indeed.
    its kind of funny to here what people would like to go back in time and ride at DL., but remember this DL is better now than its ever beenI sttred to go to DL in the late 50's. There only 2 things in DL now that are not as good as what they replaced. That would be Poop Bear, and best Buy.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Before my lifetime, '59 or '67, as mentioned above.

• Minion

I would love to go in the late 60s early 70s. A time with all those psychedelic colours, a time of The World of Sid & Marty Krofft ...... Oh how I would have loved to have gone there!!! But that's another story LOL LOL

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Monorail Racer

With the couple of mentions of meeting Walt, it makes me think it might be fun to go back and spend a day at the park, then meet Walt and outline all the changes that are to come and see if he starts spinning in real life or simply has a few suggestions for enhancements instead.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Banned User

It amkes me all depressed that i wanted to go to disneyland opening day, I wish i could.

I would also like to go back on July 16th 1955 for the first starting of construction on disneyland.

• And, THEN she said...

I would have to say..December, 1985 that was the month I won my Firebird during the 35th Anniversary (I think it was) celebration but i wouldnt take the car, I would have taken the cash option instead, as the car later turned out to be a piece of crap...(but fun never the less)
    Last edited by Groomer; 07-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.

• Banned User

I also would like to go to the 10th anniversary or July 18th 1955 for the public opening day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast