Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Super saucy pixie!

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time...

I think I would like to go at least once per decade to really see the changes within the park. That would be awesome!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Sometime in 1993...that's when Toontown opened, right?

That's one of the first trips to Disneyland I remember. It was great. Tomorrowland had MOTION...a good color scheme...

• Defying gravity

I was there on July 17, 2005....so, I would love to go back in time to July 17, 1955. Despite wet asphalt, 100 degree temps, broken rides, etc. It would be a wonderful opportunity. It was the only theme park opening day that Walt Disney personally supervised.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    ...and spend a day at Disneyland at any time in it's history prior to today, what day/period of time might you choose and why? Maybe it's the park opening, the arrival of several new attractions, but still some classic oldies that don't exist now, reliving a favorite time there, etc.

I'd have a tough time deciding, but I think I'd have to go with sometime in the first couple of months of DL's opening. I'd be fascinated to see the park in person in it's earliest days with many attractions that are no longer there. Maybe not the first day (crowds and gooey asphalt and all), but a very early day in the life of the park would be very interesting indeed.
    For me, I am more in love with the atmosphere and nostalgia of the park, rather than the rides or attractions. So, I would like to go back to '61 when ladies and gentlemen dressed up to go to the theme parks and you didn't have to stare at "Sausage Casing Girls" prancing around with pirate hats on (SCG are those girls who wear too tight clothing that look like they have been stuffed into it). Or, when everything at Disneyland was still part of Walt Disney's dream.

Just my humble opinion, though.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer
    I would have to say..December, 1985 that was the month I won my Firebird during the 35th Anniversary (I think it was) celebration but i wouldnt take the car, I would have taken the cash option instead, as the car later turned out to be a piece of crap...(but fun never the less)
    LOL, how cool! Not the piece of crap, but the fact you won. I won a huge-*** Mickey Doll in 92 for one of their anniversary promotions. We carried it around the park the entire day. But you beat me with the Firebird. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    I would also like to go back on July 16th 1955 for the first starting of construction on disneyland.
    That would be July 16, 1954.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    I also would like to go to the 10th anniversary or July 18th 1955 for the public opening day.
    My parents and my sister were there on July 18, 1955. I would have been there if I had been born. They had a blast, and when you look at the pictures and see how barren everything was, you wonder how anyone could think it was so great. But they did and ever since, my dad has loved playing tour guide to out-of-state friends and relatives. He has always acted so proud of the park and its cleanliness, you would think he built it himself.

After 51 years, after all the changes, my parents continue to enjoy the park. It really does keep you young at heart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123