Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Monorail Racer

If You Could Go Back In Time...

...and spend a day at Disneyland at any time in it's history prior to today, what day/period of time might you choose and why? Maybe it's the park opening, the arrival of several new attractions, but still some classic oldies that don't exist now, reliving a favorite time there, etc.

I'd have a tough time deciding, but I think I'd have to go with sometime in the first couple of months of DL's opening. I'd be fascinated to see the park in person in it's earliest days with many attractions that are no longer there. Maybe not the first day (crowds and gooey asphalt and all), but a very early day in the life of the park would be very interesting indeed.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time...

I'd like to go back to the Summer of '59 to see the new Matterhorn, Sub Voyage, and Monorail!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

That's tough
    Somewhere between 55 and 67
    Def. BEFORE Walt's death because I'd like to meet him
    I'd also like to see where many of the ride (Fantasyland) use to be before they changed some things around.
    (It still boggles the mind that Snow White didn't star in her own ride until 1983...I'd like to see how the ride was handled w/out her)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Ooh boy!

Probably soon after Indiana Jones opened.

Tomorrowland was the way it should be and one of my favorite rides is opened.

• The pride is back.

For me, it's personal and specific: Saturday, April 5, 1975. It was the last time I went before I moved away from SoCal (three months later). It was one of the last times I was out with my parents before they split, and there's a lot of the attractions I'd like to do again (America Sings, Subs, Inner Space, old Fantasyland w/Skull Rock & Hook's ship).

Oh yes...I remember my visit at that time well and would love to return. The Country Bears still ruled Bear Hall, and the Robinson Family still owned the treehouse....and the Mansion and Pirates were in full swing. Plus, we got America Sings! Oh and the Submarine ride!!!!!
    But really, in all honesty, I really think Disneyland TODAY is spectacular. The real reason I would go back in time, is to pick up some long lost collectables. The Haunted Mansion magic book...a couple of those lovely mini tiki heads....(does anyone recall if they soold the MPC model kits of Pirates and the Haunted Mansion in the park? Seems like they should have...)

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    (It still boggles the mind that Snow White didn't star in her own ride until 1983...I'd like to see how the ride was handled w/out her)
    i think the only change was that SnowWhite was not on the steps at the begining of the ride. Otherwise i think everything else is the same.. can anyone back me up on this??

also , i would say i agree with

But really, in all honesty, I really think Disneyland TODAY is spectacular.
    so with that said i would go back to June 4th and 5th of 2006 , because i had a BLAST!!

My Maleficent tattoo

This is tough, but I would have to say 1967. I just remember that as one of my favorite trips to the park because everything seemed so new and Pirates had just opened and was amazing. I mean, really, you think it's great now? Imagine riding it in 1967--we were awestruck. And the CoP was new and FREE, as was ATIS, so we rode both many times that day. This trip was also the first time I rode IASW and I was in little girl heaven.
    Greatest day ever.

I definitely think 1967 was one of the best years for Disneyland.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'd have loved to see 59 when the e-tickets opened, or 1967 when New Tomorrowland and NoS were both new.

Or last year to have a free pair of golden ears and CMs cheering on guests as they walked down Main Street for their homecoming.

• Directly directed

Opening day of Pirates of the Caribbean.

I would go back to see the park before the Fantasyland refurb and I have been dieing to see Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland and Journey Through Inner Space.

Oh oh... even better the opening of the Haunted Mansion but also being able to see, hear, and experiance the antisipation for that ride the years prior. WOW! that would be awesome... Very nerveracking but Awesome!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams
    Probably soon after Indiana Jones opened.

Tomorrowland was the way it should be and one of my favorite rides is opened.
    Ditto.

I could ride Peoplemover and the Sub Voyage again...*sigh*

• Banned User

I'd go on July 17th 1955 to tell everyone about what is happening in the future and make a marking of some point so i can travel bac to present day and see if it is still there.

As another poster said, I would want to go back sometime in 1955 but not opening day, so I could see how it was in the very beginning, and I would also like to go in the early 1970's so I could see it then, too.

BTW, I think the reason Snow White wasn't in her own attraction was because you -- the rider -- were supposed to "be" her and see things from her perspective.

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Thanks for getting the Cher song stuck in my head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast