• So CaL Local :D

Thumbs up 4th of July @ Disneyland

I stumbled upon this forum while looking for information on spending the 4th of July at Disneyland. When my boyfriend and I told our friends and family that we would be going on this busy holiday, everyone laughed and said we were NUTS! We decided to hit the parks early, since it would be less hot and hopefully less packed and we were pleasantly surprised by a great day!

Thanks to the sticky thread on how to get the most out of the FastPass system, I planned our routes ahead of time and memorized the networking of the machines. We arrived at the park at 8:15am and we were able to get Space Mountain (NO WAIT!!), POTC (15 min wait!), Thunder Mountain (15 min wait!), and Matterhorn (25 min wait!) out of the way and without a FastPass by noon. We grabbed at Fast Pass for Space Mountain before riding (so we could ride again later) and then before we rode the Matterhorn, we grabbed one for Indiana Jones (since the Space Mt. start time had already passed!) After that we headed over the California Adventure and grabbed a Fast Pass for Tower of Terror before getting on Soarin' over CA. We were amazed at the LACK of crowds and the short wait times! We headed back over to Disneyland and grabbed some lunch before hitting Space Mountain again with our FastPass, then Buzz Lightyear (BF beat me ) and then over to Indiana Jones with the FastPass. We ended our day the the Jungle Boat ride (5 minute wait!), the Haunted Mansion (10 minute wait!) and the Train Ride around the park. I think the longest line we waited in all day was 45 minutes for the Train Ride in Frontier Land! All in all, it was an awesome day.

Thanks much to all the "insiders" tips I got on here - both me and the boyfriend have an Annual Pass now, so we'll be frequently more regularly in the future!

Last edited by scandalous; 07-05-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Re: 4th of July @ Disneyland

Welcome to MC! Glad you had a great time yesterday!

I have that same picture, with Tinkerbell at WDW!!!

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Back After Missing MC

That is so awesome! I am happy for you and the boyfriend but insanely jealous that you are now AP holders and get to enjoy the magic whenever you want

I love the photo at the bottom of your post. My family went to the park on Christmas day and we got a photo holding Tinkerbell in front of the entrance flowers. Very fun idea for a picture!

PS - welcome to Mice Chat and keep us updated on all your fun trips!

• Kevin's a girl?

Hehe. I need to start reading sticky threads (:

My next trip to Disneyland will be in November but my mom is still thinking about it. I hope it won't be busy that weekend and I'll mantain fast passes too. Usually, I use only 2-3 fast passes all day.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Sounds like a great day! love that picture, and welcome to Micechat, keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times, harold might bite!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• What have I done?

Glad Micechat was able to help you two btw great picture!!!!

"This guy!"

• So CaL Local :D

Thanks much for all the reponses. I'm super excited to head back again sometime in August

• done

I think the 4th crowd this year was light because it was on a Tuesday. Since the 4th will be on a Wednesday next year, I expect it won't be that crowded either.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous in T.O.
    I stumbled upon this forum...
    Say, is your license plate "DL XPRS" or something like that? I passed that car this morning.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."