Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

7/4 PHOTO UPDATE: Mad Hatter, Pirate stage & face characters, Jack Sparrow, +MORE!

Just another photo update...
    So halfway down to Anaheim from Bakersfield yesterday I realize - I fogot my camera, but not the extra batteries. As stupid as I am, my friend luckily is not, and came to the rescue and let me use her camera. Thanks, Peoplemover1!

JACK'S COME ABOARD!
    New billboard replacing the Turtle Talk with Crush billboard at the Mickey & Friends tram stop.

THE MAD HATTER RE-OPENS, EXPANDED
    The Mad Hatter has re-opened on Main Street, and has expanded it's shopping area out into the Main Street Opera House's exit lobby. Its kind of awkward from an Opera House's guest's point of view, but its quite nice from a Mad Hatter shoopper's point of view...

STAR TOURS ENTRY MARQUEE RE-INSTALLED
    The Star Tours entry marquee is back, and would have just been better off completely removed. There isn't much need to have a digital wait time display for this attraction and it could have survived just fine with an old themed sign on a stand like what Pirates uses. Unfortunately the big monstrosity is back up. They've replaced the temporary blue signs they had up over the FastPass distribution signs (and that I posted a photo of recently) with permanent versions. You can now see the backlighting at night. They don't look temporary anymore, but they don't look good. But thats a matter of opinion, I suppose.

PIRATES INVADE NEW ORLEANS SQUARE!
    Here are a bunch of pictures of the new Pirates stage, Pirate face characters actually on the stage and around the area, and a photo of the new Jack Sparrow face character (now with eyeliner!).

VAULT 28
    Construction progresses on the new Disney Vault 28 shop in Downtown Disney

NEW ART IN DISNEYANA
    There are some AMAZING new Enchanted Tiki Room paintings in Disneyana. They're amazing and I hope they put these on a print-on-demand system or release smaller prints... they're amazing, but very pricey.

Koro - $1,700. / Maui - $1,900.

Kina Kaluua - $1,900. / Tangaroa-Ru - $1,700.

A new painting of Walt that I thought was nice:

And the new Dave Avanzino piece is out - Critter Country. New Orleans Square and Toon Town should be out soon.

...And a new window display for Pirates is up in The Bank Of Main Street's window:

Well, that's it! Hope you enjoyed the update!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 07-05-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: 7/4 PHOTO UPDATE: Mad Hatter, Pirate stage & face characters, Jack Sparrow, +MORE!

Thanks! awesome pics!

Re: 7/4 PHOTO UPDATE: Mad Hatter, Pirate stage & face characters, Jack Sparrow, +MORE!

Very cool, thank you.

• Disney for life!~

Wow! I love that painting of Walt! Thanks for the update!

• FastPass n00b

Thank you for the update, I look forward to your wonderful pictures now.

The Star Tours sign seems kind of pointless now isn't it? I mean, because there is no Fastpass anymore, wouldn't it make more sense to start the queue indoors and not have so much wasted space at the entrance of Tomorrowland. Between Star Tours and the Astro Orbitor, that little section of Tomorrowland is almost like a bottleneck...and at the entrance no less.

Man, they really need to rip out the Astro Orbitor and the Star Tours nonsense and widen up that whole area. There were rumors that the rockwork and Astro Orbitor would be taken out as early as last September but I guess that fell through. It's too bad because Tomorrowland needs all the space and aesthetics it can get. </obvious>

• Senior Minion

Re: 7/4 PHOTO UPDATE: Mad Hatter, Pirate stage & face characters, Jack Sparrow, +MOR

These pictures turned out great. Were you able to go on the Columbia and see the "suttle Pirate takeover" show?
    Thanks for posting these pictures, after I saw this last weekend.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Thanks for the update!

The Tiki paintings look AMAZING. The Pirate stage looks like a huge congestion spot - bad idea.

• Banned User

JC, what store is Vault28 replacing?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Wonderful pictures! Thank you

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Thanks for the update!

The Tiki paintings look AMAZING. The Pirate stage looks like a huge congestion spot - bad idea.
    The Tiki paintings are stunning. If only I were rich...

The Pirates stage didn't creat too much congestion yesterday, from what I observed. The only issue was when Jack Sparrow came out for autographs - but the CM made sure everybody who wanted an autograph go in line, and those who were just being looky-loos kept moving along. I took that photo far away - with the camera's zoom as far as I could push it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    JC, what store is Vault28 replacing?
    Hoypoloi

| | |

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

The pirate stage is on one of those raised, walled areas for Fantasmic viewing which already cause congestion. This stage is taking up part of a place where no one walked anyway and which was already blocked off so it's actually not causing a problem. The people who stop to watch do block traffic, however. The CMs are doing a good job ensuring that the Jack Sparrow line doesn't block traffic.

BTW, those two pirates in the pics were fantastic! I loved their audience interaction and they were great ad-libbers.

Fluffy Club Member

• Banned User

Re: 7/4 PHOTO UPDATE: Mad Hatter, Pirate stage & face characters, Jack Sparrow, +MOR

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    The Tiki paintings are stunning. If only I were rich...

The Pirates stage didn't creat too much congestion yesterday, from what I observed. The only issue was when Jack Sparrow came out for autographs - but the CM made sure everybody who wanted an autograph go in line, and those who were just being looky-loos kept moving along. I took that photo far away - with the camera's zoom as far as I could push it.

Hoypoloi
    Thanks, Mg

• Defying gravity

Thanks so much for the great pics!

Doese anyone have pics of the new Jack Sparrow face character (with eyeliner...)!?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Thanks so much for the great pics!

Doese anyone have pics of the new Jack Sparrow face character (with eyeliner...)!?
    Sorry, I thought I posted it, but I didn't. I added it to the update... Enjoy

| | |

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Thanks MG!!

Great...more Dave Avanzino pieces?!?! I was trying to save up for the ones that were already out. What's a girl to do?!
    <o>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast