Pirates video complete ride through

For those of you interested, you can download the complete Disneyland ride-through of Pirates at the following address:

http://www.windowtothemagic.com/online_videos.html

Even though it's a QuickTime file, you can still see pretty well. They also have an iPod version.

It gave me my fix until August.....

• Banned User

Re: Pirates video complete ride through

Most of us have seen it, but thanks for sharing.

Well, y'know, I'm a little slow on the uptake.....

• FastPass n00b

I've seen bits and pieces, but I've been wanting to see the entire thing all at once and not chopped up. Thank you very much, better late than never!

I'm not so sure I like the non-stop music. It sure does speed up the slow pacing of the ride (which I consider a good thing), but it doesn't allow any silent periods. Music is so much more powerful when you've had a few minutes of silence in between...it doesn't really give you any breaks in between the music and it changes so frequently that it loses a lot of its impact.

The battle scene is SO much more dramatic, you can really hear (and feel) the bass in the new speakers with this video. And considering that a $500 set of speakers from Best Buy can shake an entire room, it's about time Pirates got a little wall-thumping base for a cannon firing, hehe. I do like the fact that the "Pirates Life for Me" song is towards the end of the ride...it really fits with the town burning scene and it preserves its meaning, instead of just being the generic theme song to the entire attraction. And I just about busting up laughing at the drunk pirate's jug being on fire, that is a hilarious joke. I don't really know *why* it's funny, but I laughed out loud for a while after seeing it!

By the way, are those waterfalls in the very beginning right after the drop new? I just remember some colorful caverns after the drop but I really don't remember the waterfalls. Perhaps it's just the different setup of the ride that's made me take notice of them for the first time.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 07-05-2006 at 09:56 PM.

• Banned User

Niiiiiiice vid - thanks a ton!

• Banned User

Well the link you shared did an excellent job on the video. =D

• Banned User

Ok, my thoughts on the video....

I was both amazed and disappointed.

What really amazed me was the music - it just adds so much to the caves. Also the Jack AAs, except for the last one are really neat.

Issues: Davy Jones. You can see the freakin effect work while there are three boats in front of you! What is up with that? Its a neat effect, but I mean they need some fog or a new rock surface to hide the effect until the proper time. Actually I would prefer a Davy Jones AA rather than an obvious projection. But actually, all in all, I think the cave should just be quiet - its a great spot to tranform you from present-day back to Pirate-days. Davy kind of ruins that.

Barabossa was great, all the scenes were great. I still am having trouble with the Jack Sparrow story. He just seems lost in the overall plot for 3-4 minutes during the transition from him looking at the map to him being drunk at the end. A Jack AA in the Burning Town scene would do wonders...

Anywho, overall, pretty good update of the ride and I am fairly impressed, but not totally - but what do you expect from me?

Can't wait to ride it!

• Banned User

I'm riding it in 11 days!

• Defying gravity

Wow - that's the best on ride video I've ever seen! I can't wait to see it in person!!!

• Minion

YAY!!! Thanks for posting this!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?