Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    When is the next DLH refurb?

    I have heard another refurb is coming up on the Disneyland Hotel, (probably to just detroyed the only origional things left) but does anyone have any info on this or when it is supposed to take place?

    Thanks!


  2. #2

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    I know they are remodeling a room for the Million Dreams thing.
    I haven't heard anything else.

    The hotel when it first opened actually didn't belong to Disney.
    It wasn't sold to Disney until the 1988.

    Just keep my Goofy's Kitchen alive and kickin'



    Disneyland Hotel Info.:

    The Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California has operated since 1955, although it was not owned by The Walt Disney Company until 1988. When Walt Disney constructed Disneyland in 1955, the costs to build the park exceeded $17 million, and Disney did not have the money to build and operate a hotel. Walt Disney negotiated a deal with Jack Wrather to build and operate the hotel. The contract gave Wrather the rights to use the Disneyland Hotel name on any hotel in the state of California until 2054.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  3. #3

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    More Info:

    When Michael Eisner became Chairman & CEO of Walt Disney Productions in 1984, he desperately wanted to get out of the agreement with Wrather and bring the Disneyland Hotel under the Walt Disney Company's umbrella. However, every time Wrather was approached by Disney he said that he was happy with the contract. Finally after Jack Wrather died, The Walt Disney Company bought the entire Wrather Corporation. By buying out the Wrather Corporation, Disney owned not only the Disneyland Hotel, but the RMS Queen Mary in Long Beach as well as the rights to The Lone Ranger. Disney sold the latter assets over time.

    The hotel is comprised of three towers (Marina, Sierra, and Bonita), which are named after Wrather's daughters, and other smaller buildings. The Downtown Disney Monorail Station, which takes guests to Tomorrowland inside Disneyland Park, and an exclusive entrance to Disney's California Adventure for guests staying at Disneyland Resort hotels are a short walk away.

    Restaurants

    * Goofy's Kitchen
    * Granville's Steak House
    * Hook's Pointe
    * Captain's Galley
    * Croc's Bits 'n' Bites

    Bars

    * The Lost Bar
    * The Wine Cellar
    * The Coffee House
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Downey,Ca
    Posts
    701

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    The hotel is comprised of three towers (Marina, Sierra, and Bonita), which are named after Wrather's daughters, and other smaller buildings.

    Actually, while Jack Wrather & his wife did have four children: daughters Molly and Linda, as well as sons Jack and Christopher; the only tower to bear a name from the family is the Bonita Tower - named for Jack's wife, Bonita Granville, which is also where Granville's Steakhouse comes from. In training, Disney ties no significance to the other two towers. But the history that comes from the DLR never ceases to amaze me!
    Jason

  5. #5

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    Actually, while Jack Wrather & his wife did have four children: daughters Molly and Linda, as well as sons Jack and Christopher; the only tower to bear a name from the family is the Bonita Tower - named for Jack's wife, Bonita Granville, which is also where Granville's Steakhouse comes from. In training, Disney ties no significance to the other two towers. But the history that comes from the DLR never ceases to amaze me!
    I pulled that info. from a website.
    Don't know which one..but went to ask.com
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I know they are remodeling a room for the Million Dreams thing.
    I haven't heard anything else.

    The hotel when it first opened actually didn't belong to Disney.
    It wasn't sold to Disney until the 1988.

    Just keep my Goofy's Kitchen alive and kickin'



    Disneyland Hotel Info.:

    The Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California has operated since 1955, although it was not owned by The Walt Disney Company until 1988. When Walt Disney constructed Disneyland in 1955, the costs to build the park exceeded $17 million, and Disney did not have the money to build and operate a hotel. Walt Disney negotiated a deal with Jack Wrather to build and operate the hotel. The contract gave Wrather the rights to use the Disneyland Hotel name on any hotel in the state of California until 2054.
    Goofy's Kitchen sucks when compared to the cool Italian restaurant that use to be on the site.

  7. #7

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Goofy's Kitchen sucks when compared to the cool Italian restaurant that use to be on the site.
    I can't belive I am going to respond to this

    Yes, everyone is giving the wonderful right to express what they feel
    However,
    this comparsion is like talking about apples vs. oranges
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I can't belive I am going to respond to this

    Yes, everyone is giving the wonderful right to express what they feel
    However,
    this comparsion is like talking about apples vs. oranges
    Well do you remember the old Italian restaurant that use to be there!

    It was good! lol

  9. #9

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Well do you remember the old Italian restaurant that use to be there!

    It was good! lol

    I didn't go
    but the type of dining (just by the name alone) is different
    and they entertainment is different

    so even though you feel the food was better (which it might have been)
    the subject for me is that I like it there (I didn't give a food review)

    I didn't knock your opinion, so don't knock mine.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 07-05-2006 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  10. #10

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I didn't go
    but the type of dining (just by the name alone) is different
    and they entertainment is different

    so even though you feel the food was better (which it might have been)
    the subject for me is that I like it there (I didn't give a food review)

    I didn't knock your opinion, so don't knock mine.
    That is absolutely fine. Just, in reality, the new GK just isn't up to par in both food quality and atmosphere.

    But...

    its nice for the kids.

  12. #12

    • FastPass n00b
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I have heard another refurb is coming up on the Disneyland Hotel, (probably to just detroyed the only origional things left) but does anyone have any info on this or when it is supposed to take place?

    Thanks!
    The waterfall walkway still has an element of magic and aesthetics, they'd better destroy it before people actually find something unique about the hotel. If there's one thing that Disney has made abundantly clear, it's that the Disneyland Hotel is not the "Disneyland" Hotel so much as it is a homogenized Disney hotel that happens to be in proximity to Disneyland, fresh from the cookie cutter.

    Seriously though, I can kind of understand the destruction of the shops (at least I can wrap my brain around the reasoning for it anyway), but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would destroy the water show and marina.

  13. #13

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,480

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    The waterfall walkway still has an element of magic and aesthetics, they'd better destroy it before people actually find something unique about the hotel. If there's one thing that Disney has made abundantly clear, it's that the Disneyland Hotel is not the "Disneyland" Hotel so much as it is a homogenized Disney hotel that happens to be in proximity to Disneyland, fresh from the cookie cutter.

    Seriously though, I can kind of understand the destruction of the shops (at least I can wrap my brain around the reasoning for it anyway), but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would destroy the water show and marina.
    Those closures don't make much sense to me, either. The Disneyland Hotel is desperate for ways to differentiate itself, and I am not aware of another hotel in the area that has its own marina and fountain show.

    Perhaps, Disney thinks that the Disneyland Hotel can only command so much of a premium and that the guest rooms and public spaces have to be of a certain standard in order to merely satisfy guests. So, the money is better spent there and not on the "extras".

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    743

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Well do you remember the old Italian restaurant that use to be there!

    It was good! lol
    I remember the restaurant. I think it was called Stromboli's. I never ate there, but it smelled good.

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: When is the next DLH refurb?

    Tear down the whole thing and re-build... it's the darn ugliest hotel Disney owns. (on the outside at least)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] LMA Refurb in Sept.
    By MickeyM in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
  2. Monsters Inc Refurb, why???
    By vfire in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
  3. Matterhorn? [Refurb]
    By DL1955 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
  4. NE1 have images of the refurb
    By 1000th_happy_haunt in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
  5. TSI Refurb set
    By Jerm in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •