Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Zurg blaster

Re: What kind of "Magic" have you experienced inside Disneyland?

This past month my daughter met Aurora next to Snow White's Grotto. She did the usual meet and greet stuff. The next day we ate at Ariel's Grotto and the same Aurora was working the meal and she remembered my daughter from the day before. She recited their conversation and even remembered my daughter's name.

She was ecstatic.
    Getting Lucky in Kentucky

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom
    I would like to tell you about my magic in the happiest place on earth. When my daughter was 5 yrs old (she is 6 now) She was test for hearing loss and came back positive, she is going deaf and has to wear hearing aids. Well, she had only had the hearing aids for 6 weeks and was also learing sign language and was very shy about using it. Well, when we went to DL for the first time that vacation the first person we saw going was Cinderella. We waited in line and when we went forward to give Cinderella a hug Cinderella got down to my daughter's level and must have seen the hearing aids cause she started signing to my daughter. I was totally amazed. My daughter who is shy about signing seeing Cinderella signing. I started crying. Cinderella told her that she should learn more so that next time she saw her they could talk together. I will never forget it. I memory that will live in my heart forever. BTW I went to the city hall and told them about the CM playing her and how she had made my and my daughter's day. After that my daughter was more receptive to learning signing cause Cinderella did it to.
    I do hope the next time you 2 go there that the same Cinderella will be there. I really love these people that play as Cinderella,Snow White,Peter Pan,Goofy and others they are what brings Disney out in you. By the way did she get her Autograph and photo taken with Cinderella.

• Grumpy old man

I have a couple, mainly from two of my trips.

The first was when I was about 8, it wasn't my first time at DL, but the earliest trip I remember the most of. This memory isn't completely mine, but it's still magical. It was just me and my mom sitting down at one of the grotto's by the castle, the one with the wishing well. My dad had gone off to a ride (he would always do that, whenever he thought the line was short, he got run and ride Indy or Space Mountain), so me and my mom were relazing. I was at the well looking down it, and Beast came up next to me and was looking down the well with me. Beauty and the Beast was my absolute favorite movie at the time, so you imagine how I felt.

That whole trip was full of magical moments, from meeting Beast, to having breakfast with the characters and getting into Toontown early to walking down Main Street at midnight.

My other magical times came on my last trip. It was my first in 10 years (the previous one being either the magical one, or I might've went after, my memory is fuzzy). Now you imagine how going to Disneyland for the first time in 10 years feels. When I saw the floral Mickey and the railroad station going in my entire body just tingled with excitment, it was amazing.

And the fireworks, especially the current show was just mind blowing. Watching it, especially the second time from the hub, I thought I was going to start crying out of joy and memory.

• Disneymom

yes, we did get a picture and autograph and a great memory. I really hope that she will be there when we go again, which, unless things change will be in December. I really hope we can go sooner but not holding my breath.

• I <3 Clarinet.

There's always the requisite "magic" feeling of being transported to another world. The goosebumps one gets when you hear the "All Abooooorrrdd" as you arrive at the park, or when you get that first whiff of Pirates water, or the magical sensation of flight as you take off on Soarin'.

Then there's the magic that comes from being with family. Waiting in line for Disneyland's 50th in DCA was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Being able to sit with my family and just having everyone being so excited and happy to be there...was wonderful. Not to mention that we got to know so many interesting people around us while we were waiting in front of the Challenge Trail before Disneyland's opening.

And the magic from doing Disneyland with friends (especially as a teenager). My best friends surpised me for a Christmas present: a trip up to Disneyland with them. Although we went on one of the most crowded days ever (December 28..NEVER seen Disneyland that busy) we had a marvelous time. Seeing them after getting off of Space Mountain (after waiting 8 hours for our return window to become active) was magical. We were all so excited about the redo. Then waiting in front of the Castle for2 hours to see the fireworks (beated waiting in 45 minute lines for anything else) was so much fun. We took a grand total of 250 pictures that day...and they're all full of such great memories.

I don't know what it is about Disneyland...but it inspires so many "magical" moments.

• Hooterville, USA

I went to the bathroom there once, and it was pretty "magical."

Or not.

I really shouldn't drink before I answer the questions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The Purifier

It may not be a real "magic" moment but when I was working in the park about 10 years ago, I was working in Fantasyland and they were moving the old autopia cars (across from Matterhorn) to the backstage area. I was able to drive the cars off the track and to the backstage area out by Ball Rd. It was one of the funnest things I have ever done.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• Colorado Bound?

Standing in the middle of Main Street with my wife and daughter, watching the fireworks and listening to White Christmas and then with the snow falling. It seemed to be just us standing there. No one else mattered.
    -AmandasDad

• Disneymom

When we went to Disneyland last time, even before we got to the park or the hotel, when we got to Harbor blvd. my husband looked at me said that he felt he was at home. We know the area from visits and feel very comfortable there. I miss it just talking about it. Now that is magic.

• Closed Account

My checking account seems to get smaller and smaller each and every trip to Disneyland Resort! I love that Magical Moment!

• Avoiding new PoTC pics...

I would like to tell you about my magic in the happiest place on earth. When my daughter was 5 yrs old (she is 6 now) She was test for hearing loss and came back positive, she is going deaf and has to wear hearing aids. Well, she had only had the hearing aids for 6 weeks and was also learing sign language and was very shy about using it. Well, when we went to DL for the first time that vacation the first person we saw going was Cinderella. We waited in line and when we went forward to give Cinderella a hug Cinderella got down to my daughter's level and must have seen the hearing aids cause she started signing to my daughter. I was totally amazed. My daughter who is shy about signing seeing Cinderella signing. I started crying. Cinderella told her that she should learn more so that next time she saw her they could talk together. I will never forget it. I memory that will live in my heart forever. BTW I went to the city hall and told them about the CM playing her and how she had made my and my daughter's day. After that my daughter was more receptive to learning signing cause Cinderella did it to.
    Wow, I got tears in my eyes reading that, what an amazing moment!!! Your daughter will treasure that forever!

• Pull your "Magic" finger?

How can anything top that? I was going to say getting picked for the Sword in the Stone on my first day in the park in 15 years...

...but suddenly it doesn't seem as important

• Grumpy old man

A magical event that I forgot in my first post in this thread but Nanai reminded me about is that same trip as hanging out with the beast, I too got chosen to try and bull out the sword. And I actually pulled it out and was crowned temporary King of England. This was during when they did the full out give the crown and robe (the kid I saw my last time only got the crown). I was more concerned about whether they'd give me back my hat though.

• The Dark Ride

There are several magic moments. Recurring, naturally, which is why I return.

Sitting in Main Street Square around sundown on a cool day, just sitting back and enjoying the atmosphere, especially when the vehicles and entertainment are out and about. I just feel the 'real world' drip off me and totally relax.

Riding on the bow of the Mark Twain during one of it's rare late afternoon trips. Once you round the bend and pass Hungry Bear, you are transported to Missouri. I spent most of my life there (on the other side of the state from Sam Clemens, but the Missouri and the Mississippi look a lot alike when you're standing on the bank) and the feeling is downright eerie. You just leave SoCal and you're in the Midwest. With Twain and the captain chatting away about river life in their Missouri accents, I really feel like I'm visiting home. Sitting in a quiet spot on Tom Sawyer Island facing the river gives the same sensation.

Most of the magic comes from others, though. Sure, you see a lot of the worst in people at Disneyland, but you see that anywhere. What you don't see much of anymore is the best in people. Wonder. Innocence. Respect. Awe. Curiosity. Joy. Discovery. Imagination. I run into those almost every time I'm in the park. See, Walt's dream didn't involve theme park rides or churro carts. Sure, that's the mechanism behind it, the gears of the machine, but he said it in his opening statement: Disneyland represents the best America can be, and is a shining example to the world. You see parents actually engaging their children. Children curious and learning, not just wanting to be temporarily entertained. People of all ages dropping the social, economic, and racial barriers that separate them every day and giving in to the simple purity and innocence of singing a song with some birds around an enchanted fountain. Laughing or clapping along with the Dapper Dans. Little old men cutting a rug while young kids clap along with Alan Thompson at the piano at Coke Corner.

This magic is the real magic, and it's what we come back for. It's seeing the park as Walt saw it. Not just a commercial venture, or a legacy for him and his family, but an offering to America and the greater society of the world demonstrating what a free people can do when they focus on the good things, the pure things, the -right- things. What happens when people gather together from all parts of the world and strive for excellence? Dreams come true, and Disneyland exists.
    Last edited by Mr. Dark; 07-12-2006 at 02:49 AM.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• "Indeed"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dark
    Most of the magic comes from others, though. Sure, you see a lot of the worst in people at Disneyland, but you see that anywhere. What you don't see much of anymore is the best in people. Wonder. Innocence. Respect. Awe. Curiosity. Joy. Discovery. Imagination. I run into those almost every time I'm in the park. See, Walt's dream didn't involve theme park rides or churro carts. Sure, that's the mechanism behind it, the gears of the machine, but he said it in his opening statement: Disneyland represents the best America can be, and is a shining example to the world. You see parents actually engaging their children. Children curious and learning, not just wanting to be temporarily entertained. People of all ages dropping the social, economic, and racial barriers that separate them every day and giving in to the simple purity and innocence of singing a song with some birds around an enchanted fountain. Laughing or clapping along with the Dapper Dans. Little old men cutting a rug while young kids clap along with Alan Thompson at the piano at Coke Corner.

This magic is the real magic, and it's what we come back for.
    Well said, Mr. Dark...perhaps you have more Light in you than your name implies.....

My favorite memoriy is a 'girls' weekends with my sisters and my 8 year old daughter. We just let loose and become little girls again. The best moment was riding on the Mark Twain at sunset. Leaning over the railing and watching the park...the air was soft and sultry and the soft banjo music was so comforting, then seeing the lights come on all over the park..it was just exquisite. I felt like I was truly alone in the park.....a perfect little moment in time.
    galoosh
    )/,,/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast