Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Enhancements to and Re-imaginings of Existing Attractions

i will have some more comments when i go to disneyland again at the end of the month, but star tours would be awesome if they in fact had the alternate trips. like you see in the posters on the qeueing area, hoth, endor or something like that

I see many problems with alternating trips on star tours.

#1. Everyone will want to go on the new ones for a good period of time.
    #2. The old one will look older than the rest and kinda stick out.
    #3. If it is randomly selected, I predict manny huffy people who "never get to go on ________ version.

#4. If not random, some will most likely wind up more popular than others, making it difficult when groups of people want to wait for a certain one.

I'd love to see new movies, but I see it turning into a madhouse if options are being offered.

it would be super fun though, they can make the queueing area video have a tour reservation chick that tells them what lines are for each and if people want to go on the new ones more, they just run more units playing the new ones, doesn't seem that hard

• Former Epcot CM

Attraction plussing should be something that Walt Disney Imagineering focuses on a lot. Keeping aging attractions, for example the Mickey Mouse Revue at Tokyo Disneyland, up to date with technology. In fact, it is a better investment than constantly building new rides. You keep your current rides constantly appealing instead.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
    • debating what to put here

Assuming that DCA ideas are also welcome in this thread...

I've always thought that Mullholland Madness, a decidedly bland coaster, would have been so much better as a dark ride. Really, all it needs are some walls, scenery, effects, and a score. The track is already built.

Maybe they could theme it as an out-of-control trolley in San Francisco or something (Besides, SF is pretty poorly represented in the park). I'm envisioning a much more intense, Mr. Toads type of experience.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    ...I've always thought that Mullholland Madness, a decidedly bland coaster, would have been so much better as a dark ride. Really, all it needs are some walls, scenery, effects, and a score. The track is already built.

Maybe they could theme it as an out-of-control trolley in San Francisco or something ...
    That is a great idea ... do you hear that, powers that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb
    I disagree, if an artist has a new story to tell he should tell it with a new work. The creative process requires destruction, and because the medium is so subjective there is no right or wrong, so to change something that is right, may destroy the very essence of what was right about it in the first place.

I know artists like to go back and massage thier work or to place thier current understanding on older works, but it very seldom is successfull
    As an artist (composer), I agree with Yendorb's assessment. When I look at older works I try to only do a modicum of clean-up and not drastically change anything... it does kill the work.

You simply have to say at some point, "this is it, it's finished" or you will drive yourself crazy.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

I'd agree with the pyrotechnics on POTC, but as previously mentioned there are often stuck boats or enormous queues of boats and I think I would end up braving the kraken and jumping out of my boat than being stuck by that.

I think HM would be nice if they incorporated the ambience of the Phantom Manor into it, Maybe a full orchestral score of the classic tune in parts.

• Lost in Wonderland

I think it would be awesome if Star Tours had different tours. They could seperate the lines so people could go on the one they wanted. This doesn't differ too much from people waiting in a line on a rollercoaster to ride the first car. People will wait longer for what they want, so it shouldn't really affect anything too much.

Despite the fact that I didn't like the new Star Wars movies (compared to the old ones) it would be nice to see Star Tours updated to correspond with the new movies.

This is totally random but I would love to see the Tattooine cantina in the line-que XD With that cool music they had for that scene, I think I would die happy!

• Grumpy old man

I've always thought that Mullholland Madness, a decidedly bland coaster, would have been so much better as a dark ride. Really, all it needs are some walls, scenery, effects, and a score. The track is already built.

Maybe they could theme it as an out-of-control trolley in San Francisco or something (Besides, SF is pretty poorly represented in the park). I'm envisioning a much more intense, Mr. Toads type of experience.
    That sounds like a really good idea. And I agree, I was quite disappointed in how little SF and it's surronding areas were represented, IMO it's the best part of CA! (I did enjoy that my town, Vallejo, has its own chili!)

I like the idea of plussing rides, as long as they are well thought out and not added just to capitalize on something. It gives the rides fresh, plus it lets the imagineers do something they couldn't do before due to limits in technology.

I think the HM enhancements are a good example for me. I absolutely hated it as a little kid, not just the ghosts and the darkness, but the massive amounts of heads popping up everywhere, it became really tedious and quite terrifying and lessened the enjoyment of the ride for me. But with the new attic scene, it made me really fall in love with the ride and the couple of popping up guys in the graveyard are just enjoy to give you a good carnival haunted house startle without overdoing it.

I do like that idea. Make the drops seem like you're speeding down those steep hills.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Lumbard Street Haha!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12