Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Noob question. . .

Hey there, Disneyphiles.

Long time lurker and first time poster.

Going to Disneyland this weekend for my fourth time ever and DCA for the first. Question is, should I go to DCA on Saturday and DL on Sunday or vice versa, in terms of crowds?
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Noob question. . .

Meh. Either way.
    I take it you have some kind of one park per day passes?

1. Go early to DL. Rope drop. Hit rides you absolutely have to go on.
    2. Hit DCA if you have a park-hopper. You can get this done in four hours, less if don't stop to vomit from nausea at the thought of it being a Disney park.
    3. If you have to see fireworks and Fantasmic!, go to second or third Fantasmic! show. See fireworks first, then hit Space, Matterhorn, Big Thunder (the latter are very different in the dark vs the day), and THEN sit for Fantasmic!.
    4. Enjoy yourself. This might be the last time you visit. (Sorry, getting ready for depressing Bat's Day and saying lots of morbid things.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I'm getting the two-day park-hopper.

Bat's day?
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.

• Monorail Racer

It's sort of a Goth weekend at the park that's been running for a number of years now. You can visit the official site for it here: http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

If you're doing the 2-day park hopper, I will second the idea of hitting DL first and early. DL may be a smidge less crowded on Sunday than Saturday. I'd hit DL before opening Saturday, ride as much as you can before the park starts getting really busy. Make sure you have some FastPasses for later in the afternoon/evening at the park. That way, you can spend the afternoon visiting DCA and when you come back to DL for the evening, you'll already have some FastPasses in hand to use and can avoid a few lines. Do the same on Sunday or spend more time in whatever park you are more in the mood for depending on how Saturday goes.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Neep meep beep

Since DCA is generally less crowded, I'd go to DCA on Saturday, and DL on Sunday, as you've planned. Have a great time!

I'm new here too, and don't quite understand the California Adventure hate. It has some great rides and theme work.

My advice would be to do everything in DCA on your first day. DCA closes earlier than Disneyland, so your first Disneyland experience will be in the cool, dark night, which will be great.

Use your second day for pure Disneyland. Get your Space Mountain fastpass first thing. DON'T waste what little time you have in the Space Mountain line.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    It's sort of a Goth weekend at the park that's been running for a number of years now. You can visit the official site for it here: http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

If you're doing the 2-day park hopper, I will second the idea of hitting DL first and early. DL may be a smidge less crowded on Sunday than Saturday. I'd hit DL before opening Saturday, ride as much as you can before the park starts getting really busy. Make sure you have some FastPasses for later in the afternoon/evening at the park. That way, you can spend the afternoon visiting DCA and when you come back to DL for the evening, you'll already have some FastPasses in hand to use and can avoid a few lines. Do the same on Sunday or spend more time in whatever park you are more in the mood for depending on how Saturday goes.
    Got it. Does the park still fill with OC punk rockers at sunset? Last time I went was in 2004, and I hadn't been there since 1987. I was a bit surprised to see that.

• Monorail Racer

I haven't seen a lot of punk rockers at sunset my last few visits, but the park has become a bit more crowded around that time with the post-work AP crowd descending on the park. With you going on a weekend and many CA AP passports (and Deluxe on Saturday) being blocked from the parks, you won't have anything like that happening. It will just get very busy in the afternoon and evening.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i usualy do both parks both days , mid to late afternoon we go over to DCA to ride tower and soarin and screamin , then back over to DL for the night... its easy , it's not like the parks are miles away like in florida

My Maleficent tattoo

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay
    Hey there, Disneyphiles.
    Did they clone Disneyphile?

COOL!

Oh, and welcome from out of the lurk!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Banned User

Get fastpasses for space mountain when the park opens!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Hey there, Disneyphiles.

Long time lurker and first time poster.

Going to Disneyland this weekend for my fourth time ever and DCA for the first. Question is, should I go to DCA on Saturday and DL on Sunday or vice versa, in terms of crowds?
    My advice is DL in the morning
    Do Lunch around 2PM
    And see what the crowds are like after that. Night time will get busy due to parades, fantasmic and fireworks (and people getting off work). After fireworks some families will leave and the teens will generally stay till closing.
    You can complete (minus the shows) DCA in about two hours (if even that long)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I read somewhere that this is usually the slowest weekend in July. What are your predictions on attendance this weekend?

And thanks for all the advice. I'm sure clueless goons like me come in here seeking advice all the time.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I read somewhere that this is usually the slowest weekend in July. What are your predictions on attendance this weekend?

And thanks for all the advice. I'm sure clueless goons like me come in here seeking advice all the time.
    Naw
    we love give advice (speaking for myself...but if you read the boards, you pretty much know ABOUT everyone does)

July 4th weekend was slow (Sat and Sun)
    But I think people thought the worst and stayed away (plus it was hot and humid)
    So it will be interesting to see what the other weekends bring.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremedia
    I'm new here too, and don't quite understand the California Adventure hate.
    Don't feel bad, I'm old here and I don't quite understand it either. Whatever.

Here's my trip tip.... unless you're with a small child that needs to ride with you, use Single Rider for those attractions that offer it, NEVER waste a Fastpass on a ride with Single Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast