Concierge at DLH

We've decided to take the plunge and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel from December 16-20. We've never stayed there before and will be experiencing concierge service for the first time as well. Any tips about how to best take advantage of having the concierge service? I know some of the basics, but was wondering if people here had any past concierge experiences that they could share to help us maximize our investment. (For what it's worth, we have a 15 year old, a 12 year old and a 9 year old.) Thanks for the help!

• Monorail Racer

Re: Concierge at DLH

The more time you spend in the hotel, the more time you'll possibly need or use the concierge. You probably don't want to spend THAT much time in the hotel, but when you are there, definitely ask the concierge for any tips or recommendations if you're not sure about a place to eat, making reservations or the like.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Tourist

Re: Concierge at DLH

We stayed at the DLH last year when our kids were 13 and 15 years old, and upgraded to concierge. Everybody thought it was great.

The concierge lounge is in the Sierra Tower, so consider requesting that tower when you check in. We were in the Marina Tower, so we used the express elevator to get to the lounge, and it was still pretty convenient.

We especially liked the breakfast at the concierge lounge. We always ate a big meal there in the morning before heading to DL, and grabbed coffee, water, and juice to drink on the way.

My teenagers seem to eat all day, so the concierge upgrade was worth the price. I think we averaged six trips per day to the lounge.

We've only made one December trip to DL, two years ago during almost the same dates you have planned. When we arrived on Dec 19th, it was 85 degrees in Anaheim. I'm glad we took our swim suits.